The Rovers Are Coming

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Albion Rovers on their promotion to League 1.

I'm looking forward to visiting Cliftonhill for the first time and ticking it off my list.

I well remember mid-November floodlit gloom watching the famous Albion Rovers being pumped by my favourites.

• 4 weeks later...

If any ground in Scotland has needed a 4G surface it's Cliftonhill but I can't help thinking the place will lose a lot of its charm and character if it got rid of the grass. What's a jaunt to Coatbridge without complaining about the pitch? What's a jaunt through Monklands without some moderate fan pointing out that the surface is the same for both teams and the Rovers made best use of it?

I look forward to the Rovers taking a quarter of their points total for the season from games against Stenhousemuir.

If any ground in Scotland has needed a 4G surface it's Cliftonhill but I can't help thinking the place will lose a lot of its charm and character if it got rid of the grass. What's a jaunt to Coatbridge without complaining about the pitch? What's a jaunt through Monklands without some moderate fan pointing out that the surface is the same for both teams and the Rovers made best use of it?

I look forward to the Rovers taking a quarter of their points total for the season from games against Stenhousemuir.

Last season our away form was better than our home form with a disproportionate number of points gained on plastic. Nine goals scored at Ochilview, for example, to a Shire team who beat us twice at Cliftonhill.

Are Rovers planning on installing a roof over that terrace that you've laid behind one of the goals, or is that just going to be an overspill? Are you also intending on having the shed opposite the stand open at any stage next season? Would imagine that Rovers-Airdrie games would be well attended.

Archived