The Rovers Are Coming

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In short, the problem was the total lack of cash flow throughout the year. The club made slightly more money than usual in the Summer, and significantly less at every other point in the season.

There were some stats, I can't remember what they were or how to find them, but they were pretty bad reading, and Mr. Devlin's project, fawned over by many, has proven to be a complete waste of much of the hallowed "once-in-a-generation" Rangers money.

Damn I was looking to get one for a tenner and that was my two visits this coming season covered. On a more serious note speaking to a neighbour who got an adult and child season ticket and only handed over £20. You had no chance if that's what the majority of people were doing.

... maybe just as well you put a few quid away the season before.

We didn't; we paid off all existing debt instead.

What went wrong?

Folk toed the arse right out it. Even some Rovers 'diehards' took the opportunity for a cheap season rather than pay the going rate and leave the discount for new people.

Was there any figures given re average paid etc?

Yes. £27

I think most of us saw that coming after Magic Johnston's appointment. The question is what to do with our coaching vacancy.

A fortnight ago I thought it was written that Derek Young would leave newly-promoted Forfar to join his brother and form a Junior version of Dick and Ian Campbell. But after Alloa's second leg heroics in that play-off, maybe Young the Younger will fancy another shot at promotion as a player before he goes gentle into that good night.

I think most of us saw that coming after Magic Johnston's appointment. The question is what to do with our coaching vacancy.

Personally, I'd promote Tony McMinn to Assistant, and if there's a need for a further coach, we could look at some of our senior players - Mick for example.

Can't say I'm sorry to see Sandy go: he was pretty aloof in his time with us.

I'm certainly sorry to see him leaving us so soon: by all accounts he was more of a co-manager than an assistant in our historic season.

Enlighten us about Mr. McMinn, Snuffy- isn't he just some kiddies' coach?

Archived