Cheating players & managers

The thing about cheating if one of your own players dives to win a penalty and wins you the game it's not going to bother you if you say it does your telling lies lol

but when it's against you your pissed off it's one of the worse ways to lose game must say , but that's the way football has went now its ok for your team to dive and win penalties and stuff but Aslong as it doesn't happen against your own team

I've been known to shout at my own players for diving. To me diving is the worst form of cheating and a blatant dive should be punished much more severely than it currently is.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been known to shout at my own players for diving. To me diving is the worst form of cheating and a blatant dive should be punished much more severely than it currently is.

But some dives are really good now and it's easier on TV cause u can slow everything down and watch it from every angle there is but in real life it's harder to judge .

A don't like players cheating and diving agree the punishment should be worse tho.

But cheating is big part of the gAme now and hate when people says it's only foreigners who cheat need to realise tht Scottish players cheat As well.

I could never warm to Chris Maguire because of the way he was always throwing himself to the ground. Particularly annoying when the player can stay on his feet and they're in a good position.

This.

Forgive me for mentioning someone nothing to do with Scottish football, but bigger names into the hat would be Christiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and the like. Totally infuriating when the most gifted players on the planet display such immature, bare-faced cheating. Not punished anywhere near enough, in my opinion. Introduce serious consequences and you'd quickly reduce the amount of it that goes on.

It gives me a small dose of the seethe, if I'm honest.

ETA I don't have access to much football viewing these days, hence don't know the current culprits in Scotland - nor whether the players I mentioned do it so much these days as they used to. But bringing it back home - I would love it if Scotland would lead the way in stamping that rubbish out. Don't really see it happening though, here or anywhere else.

But some dives are really good now and it's easier on TV cause u can slow everything down and watch it from every angle there is but in real life it's harder to judge .

A don't like players cheating and diving agree the punishment should be worse tho.

But cheating is big part of the gAme now and hate when people says it's only foreigners who cheat need to realise tht Scottish players cheat As well.

I agree players should be punished for cheating. Although is it fair that if a referee spots a dive a player gets booked, but if the referee misses it and video evidence is used after the game the player receives a suspension? Surely the punishment should be consistent?

Brilliant.Dundee fans :lol:"Hold me backkkk!". Shitebegs.

If only the ICT fans had had second thoughts when they entered the field of play then they wouldn't have brought down Celtic players in the box.

The issue I have with diving and the retrospectives bans that are handed out for it, is that if the referee spots the dive during the game then it is only a bookable offence. The authorities are handing out retrospective bans for a booking, to me that's not right.

Yes, I think cheating and diving is abhorrent but unless it is made an immediate red card offence during a game then I think that they need to stop dishing out bans for it. The same goes for this nonsense of players getting bans for making gestures towards the visiting support, if the ref spots it then the player probably gets booked, nothing more.

Meekings won't get a retrospective ban for his handball in the semi-final (for which he'd probably have been sent off) but if he'd dived and the ref hadn't spotted it, he would have been suspended, despite only receiving a booking for it. That's where its wrong, you dive and the ref spots it, you get booked, you dive and the ref misses it, you get banned for 2 games. Poop.

ETA - Just noticed Houston-Bud's post

Gareth bale and that czech players dives against Scotland. Never been so angry at a game of football. Used to think bale was a good player before that.

And what? Now you think he's bang average?

Did one of the hearts lithuanian players not dive at Hampden against Scotland earning them a pen and costing us the game - seem to remembrr being off the scale with seethe at the time

Think it was Mikoliūnas. We gubbed them that day, (3-1 I think), but even from the other side of the stadium it was a clear dive.

The one thing that really gets me is players pretending to be injured, to either get an opponent booked, or to waste time. If I've paid £20 odd to see a game, I don't want some of that to be taken up by prima donnas rolling about on the floor when someone accidently clipped their heels.

The diving is annoying but faking an injury drives me nuts.

Particularly in a televised game where the multiple replays show bugger all contact and big closeups of the expression of agony on the player's face. They should be sent to the sidelines for a check up before they can get back on the pitch if they are as badly hurt as they pretend.

It's possibly made even worse because an actual bad challenge usually results in the player springing up to confront whoever just halved them rather than rolling around in pain.

There will always be cheating in the game, some players just can't help the rush of blood to their single working neuron telling them to do something they shouldn't.

All fouls are a sort of cheating, maybe the solution is to make football a non contact sport.

Time wasting when you are in possession and a goal up, maybe have a possession clock so you have to have a shot a goal before the klaxon.

Ah feck it the list is endless when it comes to an unfair advantage. :lol:

The best solution is to have a video judge on important decisions at the moment.

The same goes for this nonsense of players getting bans for making gestures towards the visiting support, if the ref spots it then the player probably gets booked, nothing more.

Not true. Making an offensive gesture to the crowd is a straight red. Rowan Vine got his marching orders at Central Park for this last season. He was getting all sorts of abuse and the dozy c**t bit big time :)

Without controversy football forums would be a boring place. Controversy can keep a match alive in the memory for years. Controversy is an essential part of the game.

Archived