Kilmarnock Summer Transfer 2015

I'm hearing that we've now agreed terms with Jamie McDonald?

Apparently, we are going to announce a signing during the weekend, then someone else in Wednesday.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'a spaz keeper' is that rite??? why dont you come to preseason and tell him that or why dont you come to dublin and tell him when he on the scotland bench. typical keyboard numpty that has no clue.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh please, I want this to be real. Just like the time that Aussie burd that came on here :lol::lol::lol: .

I miss the Premiership forum, especially at transfer window time when Craigy boy gets excited about potential signings :( .

Samson could be the nicest guy in the world and thats great but that doesnt make you a good keeper. 3 main problems with Samson is

1. He cant catch the ball

2. He doesnt command his box when a cross or corner comes in

3. Its clear that his own defence doesnt trust him ever with anything

I make these points on Samson as a professional footballer not as a person. As I said probably a great guy on a personal level but he is a bit of a spaz as a professional keeper . Gordon Strachan has discovered his best position. ........on the bench. Sorry but hes just not good enough for a premier league team

Wish Macdonald all the best but not too sad to see him go, he hasn't been what you could call brilliant in the main,for a guy that was allegedly our highest earner. Think his best game for us was probably the cup semi, and there was a bit of luck attached to that.

Samson could be the nicest guy in the world and thats great but that doesnt make you a good keeper. 3 main problems with Samson is

I make these points on Samson as a professional footballer not as a person. As I said probably a great guy on a personal level but he is a bit of a spaz as a professional keeper . Gordon Strachan has discovered his best position. ........on the bench. Sorry but hes just not good enough for a premier league team

Point 2 isn't one of Macdonald's strong points either. He's no worse nor better than what you already have. He's a good shot stopper that's about it.

Point 2 isn't one of Macdonald's strong points either. He's no worse nor better than what you already have. He's a good shot stopper that's about it.

No he's an excellent shot stopper & some games (hibs semi) he can be a match winner...however his inability to come of his line is scarey & cost us loads of points last season ..any long throws into the box & he's in the madhouse

No he's an excellent shot stopper & some games (hibs semi) he can be a match winner...however his inability to come of his line is scarey & cost us loads of points last season ..any long throws into the box & he's in the madhouse

Cammy Bell was exactly the same.

Fantastic shot stopper.

Murder with crossed balls.

Well said. Some sections of our 'support' have been getting a bit personal with some of these comments recently. Craig is a really nice guy and doesn't deserve this nonsense. Take a look back at games like Hibs away last season and the performance there.

I also think some people who don't know football look at some of the saves Craig has made and think he could have done better. If they actually knew football they'd know that the fault lies with our defence and most of the shots are coming from straight in front rather than from the sides which makes it much harder to turn round the post.

Apart from the Ayr and first motherwell games, I've relied on TV and net viewing this season. While Samson has certainly not been perfect, he has pulled off some good saves. Probably indicative of the fact that a keeper is normally judged on the number of goals he lets in, rather than the number he keeps out.

I think Kennysmassiveego is in the same ballpark as me, age-wise, which means, like me, he grew up knowing that, whatever dross was in front of him, we always - and I mean always - had a top-class goalkeeper.

ETA: Wrong Kenny... apologies to KME but my point about keepers still stands. Up to Dragoje, arguably Marshall, it was a position which we were strong in. Spoilt, we were.

Samson has been terrible this season, no idea how he managed to get a call up to the Scotland squad. Nae need for the personal abuse though, kennyfaekillie is a very angry chap. I'd put money on him being the guy who sits behind me at Rugby Park.

I really fear for us this season. Still plenty of time to get bodies in but I don't have much confidence that Locke will be able to build a squad capable of staying clear of relegation, never mind threatening the top 6.

Samson has been terrible this season, no idea how he managed to get a call up to the Scotland squad. Nae need for the personal abuse though, kennyfaekillie is a very angry chap. I'd put money on him being the guy who sits behind me at Rugby Park.

I really fear for us this season. Still plenty of time to get bodies in but I don't have much confidence that Locke will be able to build a squad capable of staying clear of relegation, never mind threatening the top 6.

I'm quietly optimistic.

I've absolutely no idea why but I've a feeling we will be pleasantly surprised this season.

Are you posting from 1985? Got any good Joey Deacon jokes?

Archived