Player of the Year

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this award not voted for by the players for players who have impressed them, playing against themselves which probably comes down to 4 or possibly 6 games in the season rather than anything to do with fans favourites. Individual clubs players player of the year is probably a better guide to who has contributed most to their teams during a season.

Correct and the players cant vote for anyone in their own squad. So would think that regardless of who wins league the player of the year is already decided

Genuinely can't think of any player in this division who I've seen and thought, "Wow, this guy's amazing!" other than Paul McMullan (but given the fact he's only been in the league for a couple of months and he's playing in a shit team, I can understand why he's been discounted). There's been some boys I've thought were good, nothing more, and I think the lack of an outstanding candidate sums the four options up.

If I had to pick one, it would probably be Alan Trouten. He's had another good season and he's a perpetual source of goals. Always liked him.

Well Brechin have conceded 3 more goals than us this season and we have Crighton in our defence so that would suggest otherwise.

04/10/14 Morton Glebe Park Scottish League One 3-1 13/12/14 Morton Cappielow Park Scottish League One 2-2 14/02/15 Morton Glebe Park Scottish League One

1-1

04/04/15 Morton Cappielow Park Scottish League One 2-0

Brechin 8 - 4 Morton

So Gaston has conceded 4 more goals that Smith in a head to head.

Whats your point caller?

04/10/14 Morton Glebe Park Scottish League One 3-113/12/14 Morton Cappielow Park Scottish League One 2-214/02/15 Morton Glebe Park Scottish League One

1-1

04/04/15 Morton Cappielow Park Scottish League One 2-0

Brechin 8 - 4 Morton

Whats your point caller?

This arguement is ridiculous, but to be pedantic...

Gaston didnt play in the 3-1 defeat. Caraux did!

04/10/14

Morton

Glebe Park

Scottish League One

3-1

13/12/14

Morton

Cappielow Park

Scottish League One

2-2

14/02/15

Morton

Glebe Park

Scottish League One

1-1

04/04/15

Morton

Cappielow Park

Scottish League One

2-0

Brechin 8 - 4 Morton

Whats your point caller?

Yep because head to heads against one team prove how good a goalkeeper is :1eye

:lol:

I wouldn't take any keeper in the league over Graeme Smith and if I had to choose another it would be David Mitchell of Stranraer. To say Gaston is "by far" the best in the league is nonsense in my opinion.

Rab Douglas best in the league

There's actually a lot of good 'keepers in the league, especially in comparison to the attacking talent. All of the above are good, and McNeil has been pretty good for us, 2 or 3 howlers but that apart he's been a good addition and I hope he's here next year. Given the way the league has been this year it would be more appropriate if a goalkeeper or a defender won it. Our POTY was Paddy Boyle - a left back, and YPOTY and Players POTY went to Luca Gasparotto - a centre back, which seems more inkeeping with how the season has been.

McManus will probably win it. Don't think he's anything special but he's still the best attacking player in the league.

That fossil? Your account activation was clearly, solely for this post and what a shoddy and hilarious one it is. Be gone with you, mutant.

Have to agree, Saturdays game was the first I have seen Douglas up close and he had a few howlers.

Archived