Player of the Year

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree, Saturdays game was the first I have seen Douglas up close and he had a few howlers.

When where the howlers? He has won us many points this season but I agree that in the main GK's dont seem to be in the running for these awards.

Last few minutes of the game we could have got a couple because of him. First one he came off his line and then just stopped and our player got round him. Second one he let a cross go through his hands. Basics for a goal keeper. Let off the hook by the fact we couldn't knock a ball I to an empty net.

Last few minutes of the game we could have got a couple because of him. First one he came off his line and then just stopped and our player got round him. Second one he let a cross go through his hands. Basics for a goal keeper. Let off the hook by the fact we couldn't knock a ball I to an empty net.

Seen him have a couple of bad moments, seen him have far more 1 on 1 saves. I suspect he'd be playing top flight football if Bomber hadn't fallen out with him.

Seen him have a couple of bad moments, seen him have far more 1 on 1 saves. I suspect he'd be playing top flight football if Bomber hadn't fallen out with him.

Fair enough. Like I said it was the first time I have really seen him in the flesh. Maybe wasn't the best of games to judge him on tbh.

Team of the year out apparently.

Douglas, Swankie and Stuart Malcolm in it according to Alison Robbie on Twitter.

Edit- team is

Douglas, Russell, Malcolm,McKeown, Boyle, Trouten, Stevenson, Gibson, Swankie, McManus and Barr.

Can't disagree with team of year tbh. Douglas had some phenomenal saves against Ayr this year but goalies at this level are much about the same. These things always throw up a great debate. It will be interesting to see what Tell Him He's Pele puts out as their team!

Shocking that David Mitchell and Steven Bell didn't get into it

and rumsby! I can't understand why the players player of the year gets overlooked. I understand the voting system but nonetheless

One of these statements is incorrect.

Ok I'll bite. I understand that the Stranraer players can't vote for rumsby but can't understand how he gets overlooked by players who can vote. Oh wait unless they just vote based on the games they've played against the player and therefore you have to question the validity of the team of the year

Archived