QueensPark vs Clyde

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all hail to the mighty Bully Wee for a dazzling performance which swept our youngsters asunder, and must have put fear into all of next season's Div 2 title contenders - wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Bazza will be handed a contract extension on the basis of what we saw today, which by all accounts was Clyde's best performance of the season........it was truly humbling to be in the presence of such greatness, and all QP fans can only pray that we go up via the play-offs so that we don't have to be smitten by their might again next season

Not our best performance of the season but easily our easiest 3 points. 7 points from Que Pee this season, see you guys again next season.

cheers Pride for the first honest assessment of the day, and although it was an easy three points for you I thought that you made awful hard work of it - Arbroath's return to form today, and the prospect of stodgie Stenny rather Ayr have made things more difficult for us, but I'm confident we'll give it a better go under Gus than the pitiful efforts with Speirs. Still, better to be there and (perhaps) fail than finishing in the bottom half of the table, or are you just glad that your club don't have another two weeks' wages to shell out?

I thought today was a bit of a non event in all honesty. Queen's Park were typically good at keeping the ball which probably saved them from a far heavier defeat, they basically created nothing the whole game (bar the hilarious miss at the end) but stopped us getting any rhythm. No shame in their performance though; we did something similar with team selection last year and got absolutely gubbed by Stirling; I don't think any League 2 team could play their second string and win.

We were poor in many aspects of the game today (particularly delivery into the box; the one good cross ended up with a goal) but we won comfortably and that's now 5 clean sheets in 6 games. Marko was an absolute class apart again at the back. Robb has settled well into the team and showed up Fisher a bit today. McDougall has taken a lot of criticism but that's now a goal and 4 assists in 5 games and whilst he's been a disappointment, he's at least now contributed something.

Finally, that refereeing performance :lol: My favourite bit was when the QP goalie was fouled by his own team-mate and he gave a free kick. Basically any contact was a foul. Should do better.

We made such hard work of it that we won at a canter and could even afford to present your bunch of no-hopers with an open goal in the process. Looking forward to seeing the bottle jobs of old re-commence in earnest on Tuesday.

Your deflection (unlike David W's honest and accurate appraisal) suggests that during the game you weren't telling your chums how impressed you were with what you were seeing? If we are both being honest here the game told us nothing about how either side will fare next season. Concentrating on Clyde right now (as there are too many variables with my own team at the moment), I would genuinely doubt that many of you will be rushing to the bookies to put money on a Clyde title win next season based on your present squad. Ferguson has good contacts in the game, and with a full season's experience under his belt now I've no doubt that you will significantly strengthen for the next campaign, but the league table doesn't lie and a good Clyde side would have punished us far more heavily. Genuine question, out of the 11 Clyde players that started today, how many of them would you like to see line up in your opening game next season?

Your deflection (unlike David W's honest and accurate appraisal) suggests that during the game you weren't telling your chums how impressed you were with what you were seeing? If we are both being honest here the game told us nothing about how either side will fare next season. Concentrating on Clyde right now (as there are too many variables with my own team at the moment), I would genuinely doubt that many of you will be rushing to the bookies to put money on a Clyde title win next season based on your present squad. Ferguson has good contacts in the game, and with a full season's experience under his belt now I've no doubt that you will significantly strengthen for the next campaign, but the league table doesn't lie and a good Clyde side would have punished us far more heavily. Genuine question, out of the 11 Clyde players that started today, how many of them would you like to see line up in your opening game next season?

It wasn't really a deflection though, was it? We scored two goals and aside from missing an open goal and flashing a few crosses across our box, you created absolutely nothing. That's just how it went, without commenting on the overall performance of either team. To say we made hard work of it when your front man joined 95% of Scotland's strikers over the past 15 years in Mark McLaughlin's back pocket and Queen's had one real chance is a massive exaggeration.

On our team, I'd probably have about 7 or 8 of them starting the first game. Given our recruitment in January has coincided with us becoming one of the meanest teams in the league, I think we'll be challenging next season. It's hard to be certain of that as it relies on good recruitment in the right areas (replacement for Martin and a goalscorer being two important ones), but Barry appears to have gradually realised and succeeded in luring to the club the calibre of player required to do well in this division.

For what it's worth, we weren't very good today at all but did more than enough to win, I'd say. Queen's were very poor, but that was to be expected with so many regulars out. Suppose we could only beat what was in front of us; we've played better than that and failed to win.

Aye 2 yrs minimum for what he did to last yrs team criminal just doin star sports crossword there and one of the clues was clyde striker who spent some time on loan at rob roy couldnt believe it so had to check up on him 10 goals in 8 starts and heading up to the premier league good for you watt all the best to you

Aye 2 yrs minimum for what he did to last yrs team criminal just doin star sports crossword there and one of the clues was clyde striker who spent some time on loan at rob roy couldnt believe it so had to check up on him 10 goals in 8 starts and heading up to the premier league good for you watt all the best to you

San Marino Premier League IMO

Really

Aye, really.

Pack your scarves away for another season, gents. Take a deep breath and start more threads on here about how good you're going to be next year,

We've got some more games to tackle. In Gus we trust!

It wasn't really a deflection though, was it? We scored two goals and aside from missing an open goal and flashing a few crosses across our box, you created absolutely nothing. That's just how it went, without commenting on the overall performance of either team. To say we made hard work of it when your front man joined 95% of Scotland's strikers over the past 15 years in Mark McLaughlin's back pocket and Queen's had one real chance is a massive exaggeration.

On our team, I'd probably have about 7 or 8 of them starting the first game. Given our recruitment in January has coincided with us becoming one of the meanest teams in the league, I think we'll be challenging next season. It's hard to be certain of that as it relies on good recruitment in the right areas (replacement for Martin and a goalscorer being two important ones), but Barry appears to have gradually realised and succeeded in luring to the club the calibre of player required to do well in this division.

For what it's worth, we weren't very good today at all but did more than enough to win, I'd say. Queen's were very poor, but that was to be expected with so many regulars out. Suppose we could only beat what was in front of us; we've played better than that and failed to win.

Cheers - good to see the real the_bully_wee come out frome behind the mask for once, and 100% spot on with your comments by the way

The young guys did fine. With a wee bit luck we'd have put a chance or two away. Happy for our reserves to keep Clyde down to two goals.

Why was your coupon trippin' you on the way out if you were so happy then? :rolleyes:

Archived