Dumbarton v Raith

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyable game today, just for a change it was frozen. Four good goals and no pressure except when somebody told me it was two each at Alloa.

Third rock put me right and looking forward to another go in the championship.

It was Thirdrock that told you it was two each. In fact, Alloa had just scored their third goal when I told Curler that I was going to say it was 3-2 to Cowdenbeath, but I didn't want to ruin your day, because your wee dance at half time fairly cheered me up in what was a freezing experience at the game.

It was a decent game, considering the massive prizes at stake for both clubs, and the excellent kick off time. Well done to the Raith fans who made the journey. You made a fair bit of noise. The wind definitely made it difficult for us in the second half. Happy with the result though, it stopped the rot. Pass marks to most players, MoTM a toss up between Aggie and Findlay, who, I noticed, did an Andy Graham at a couple of corners and came up for a header at goal. If he returns, I really hope he gets a goal.

Well done to all at the club, giving us another season in the Championship. Next year could be very interesting with two part time sides, and. quite possibly Rangers, Hibs, St Mirren and/or Motherwell.

Yeah wasn't all that bad for a nothing game at the end of the season at all! A draw suited both sides after the recent runs of form too!

Was nice to see the best 'keeper in the league yesterday too. Shame he conceded 2 second half goals ;)

In all seriousness, Findlay was good, but was completely done by a brilliant turn at the first goal. He has set such high standards for himself. Would love to see him back as he still has a bit to learn. But noone would grudge him a shot at Celtic though.

Couple of goals, not the worst played game all year and a decent draw to see out the season. Said to someone at the start that Aggy would score! Wish I had put it on...

Should be 5 well taken goals, Vaughan was well onside when Callachan hit the initial shot, should have been 1-1 at the break.

A victory would have been nice (and made up for getting robbed of a draw with the dodgy pen last time) but I suppose a draw was a fair result.

Have to say, for all that second goal was good (and also put Vaughan up to our second top scorer in the league) our first was absolutely glorious. Brilliant forward pass from Callachan, a great turn from Vaughan and a fantastic threaded ball to Stewart. I'd love it if more of our goals were from situations like that.

Have to say, for all that second goal was good (and also put Vaughan up to our second top scorer in the league) our first was absolutely glorious. Brilliant forward pass from Callachan, a great turn from Vaughan and a fantastic threaded ball to Stewart. I'd love it if more of our goals were from situations like that.

I agree. We hardly ever score goals like that, cutting through the middle of the park towards goal

More great stuff from the Stewart and Vaughan combination.

The confidence from Vaughan to just have a crack from distance is fantastic.

Again, beggars belief to why Murray split the two.

High praise from Matthew Elder in FFP for Ellis and Matthews.

Having seen the highlights, read Matt Elder's column and listened to Laurie Ellis's interview I'd say he's very different in his approach to the game from Grant Murray.

The highlighted football ( I know, it's only highlights) looked good and more free flowing than say the horror story against Livvy, last week.

Having been given the chance to prove his preferred style of play,......who knows, could be the next Manager?

I know some will call it a "cheap" option but I've often thought that LE is a 100 % Rovers man and has the confidence of the Dressing Room.

I'd rather have a 0% rovers man - someone who has had no links to us in the past. Complete fresh start and new ideas needed

Agreed. One game against Dumbarton at the end of the season shouldn't represent a full expectation (nor is anyone suggesting it does). I'd far rather we had someone from outwith the club who can mould us into a team who will get us keeping the ball on the deck and playing entertaining.

Archived