Dumbarton v Raith

God Raith Rovers fans, I'm going to end up on suicide watch here.

Right bunch of depressing b*****ds.

The Board sit back and watch our inept manager puts out the same old utter dross every week.

You are lucky you don't watch us every week.

If we play like we did (actually we didn't play we just turned up) on Saturday expect a goal fest at the home end.

I am living in hope that we can reach the dizzy heights of being average.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For both sets of fans - this Saturday's matchday programme will be a special edition, commemorating 20-year anniversaries for both sides.

Sons View has covered 'Forthbank season' all through this campaign and this edition will recall the winner-takes-all final game, away to Stirling Albion. Interviews will be included with Murdo MacLeod, Charlie Gibson and Hugh Ward, along with other features.

And for Raith - there's also a two-page article on your League Cup victory and the dramatic ending to the First Division which saw you crowned champions.

Copies are available throughout the stadium, priced £2.50. Enjoy!

I'm kind of astounded that anyone would abandon Rovers based on this season. Comfortable in the Championship and not losing in more games than we lost. A run to the quarter final of the Scottish Cup which included knocking out Rangers. OK more wins, better football and a play off place would have been nice but in Raith Rovers terms it's hardly been the season to make me think. f**k that's it, I'm done.

Maybe it's just because I'm an old b*****d but I've seen dozens of season grimmer than this. Bobby Wilson, Anelka, Dalziel, the last season under McGlynn even. On the last 25-30 years I'd put this season in the top half.

For both sets of fans - this Saturday's matchday programme will be a special edition, commemorating 20-year anniversaries for both sides.

Sons View has covered 'Forthbank season' all through this campaign and this edition will recall the winner-takes-all final game, away to Stirling Albion. Interviews will be included with Murdo MacLeod, Charlie Gibson and Hugh Ward, along with other features.

And for Raith - there's also a two-page article on your League Cup victory and the dramatic ending to the First Division which saw you crowned champions.

Copies are available throughout the stadium, priced £2.50. Enjoy!

At least there might be something on Saturday that is worth the money then....

I'm kind of astounded that anyone would abandon Rovers based on this season. Comfortable in the Championship and not losing in more games than we lost. A run to the quarter final of the Scottish Cup which included knocking out Rangers. OK more wins, better football and a play off place would have been nice but in Raith Rovers terms it's hardly been the season to make me think. f**k that's it, I'm done.

Maybe it's just because I'm an old b*****d but I've seen dozens of season grimmer than this. Bobby Wilson, Anelka, Dalziel, the last season under McGlynn even. On the last 25-30 years I'd put this season in the top half.

Is it me? I thought you lost in all games that you lost?

That aside though I would agree that 6th place wasn't a bad result; would certainly be happy to swap places.

The Board sit back and watch our inept manager puts out the same old utter dross every week.

You are lucky you don't watch us every week.

If we play like we did (actually we didn't play we just turned up) on Saturday expect a goal fest at the home end.

I am living in hope that we can reach the dizzy heights of being average.

I'm 'lucky'? I support Dumbarton mate.

I've spent the majority of my life watching us fanny around the 3rd and 2nd division. Our current position is as good as it gets.

In that time you've spent numerous seasons in the top league and won a League & Challenge Cup.

Stop being a drama queen.

I heard Grant Murray is bringing Balderdash and Frustration and the back four are looking forward to playing musical statues.

What no Cluedo??? Will he do the decent thing and play the youngsters? Will he stand up and say the last 4 performances were unacceptable or dish up the same old same old. I would like to hear from our D.O.F. Does he think it was right to play the chosen teams that we the fans have paid to see?

Our current position is as good as it gets.

Maybe we (Rovers fans) feel our league position shouldn't be as good as it gets though.

The 'Murray Out' camp is getting bigger, and that's even after you take into account that the last few games have been meaningless. In some twisted way I wouldn't care if we got a doing in this game as it would at least pile more pressure on Murray and the board that they can't afford to f**k things up during pre-season. A defeat here, the loss of McGurn and the re-signing of the likes of Elliot, Fox and Scott should send the supporters into a rage never been seen before. The couple of Rovers Facebook pages are going apeshite with negativity and there's plenty folk now saying they either a) won't be back or b) will pick and choose their games and not renew their season ticket books. All very grim.

The football on the park is really boring to watch. Say what you like about McGlynn, but his teams seemed more up for it, even if they did play hoofball. The football we usually play under Murray hasn't even been really shite, it's just sort of....meh. Who the f**k wants to shout and cheer about..meh?

I quite enjoyed the run-in to the last season with McGlynn. The bit of that season from October to January was like it's been for the majority of Murray's 3 years in charge. Going through the motions. It's like watching friendly games at times - like on Saturday.

The football on the park is really boring to watch. Say what you like about McGlynn, but his teams seemed more up for it, even if they did play hoofball. The football we usually play under Murray hasn't even been really shite, it's just sort of....meh. Who the f**k wants to shout and cheer about..meh?

I quite enjoyed the run-in to the last season with McGlynn. The bit of that season from October to January was like it's been for the majority of Murray's 3 years in charge. Going through the motions. It's like watching friendly games at times - like on Saturday.

Saturday's game was pretty much a friendly for us. You just need to look at how Hearts and Dumbarton have lost games recently to see what happens when it doesn't matter what the result is. It's not unique to us.

A wee bit of revisionism going on about McGlynn I think. Folk were slating him and his style of football by the end as well. Change it McGlynn was as common as change it Murray. And we were in a relegation dogfight his last season.

There's a leap between the football being poor quality or boring to watch and totally giving up on supporting Rovers. That's what I just don't get

Saturday's game was pretty much a friendly for us. You just need to look at how Hearts and Dumbarton have lost games recently to see what happens when it doesn't matter what the result is. It's not unique to us.

A wee bit of revisionism going on about McGlynn I think. Folk were slating him and his style of football by the end as well. Change it McGlynn was as common as change it Murray. And we were in a relegation dogfight his last season.

There's a leap between the football being poor quality or boring to watch and totally giving up on supporting Rovers. That's what I just don't get

I think that guy who is giving up on them has taken the huff about the situation with disabled ticket concessions. Fair enough, really.

From that last season with McGlynn, it was a relegation fight season, but then end had a great run of victories. The end to the 2-2 draw with Ayr and the last game against QoS are still games I can remember. While his football was basic, there was a tempo to it. There's also that crucial word for Rovers fans - believe. I don't believe in Murray's teams. I have no faith in them.

We've lost five games in a row. Have Hearts? Have Dumbarton? It's pretty unprofessional.

McGlynn's teams also had players the fans took to, Ferry, McGurn, Weir, Hill, even Craig Wilson to a certain extent.

Then there was Graham, Baird etc as well. Players the fans liked.

This season you could count on one hand how many fans favourites we have.

Anyway, not going to this. Even considered going along to Alloa instead..

Archived