Dundee Utd v Aberdeen, 02/05/15

Well that was fun :thumsup2

Souttar and Muirhead in particular were great. Telfer had some fine touches as well. How Aberdeen missed that chance near the end though, I'll never know.

Also loving the theory that we lay down to Celtic when we've taken more points off them than Aberdeen have :lol:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also loving the theory that we lay down to Celtic when we've taken more points off them than Aberdeen have :lol:

Sour grapes for beating them 3 times out of 5 this season imo.

The World Famous Dundee United WASC

John Souttar. Lovely.

He's a joy to watch in the midfield. Absolutey strolled that today and his pass for the goal was magnificent.

Whilst most United fans on here were all for moving him forward there were a couple who were absolutely against the idea and I still have absolutely no idea why.

#JohnMatthausSouttar

We shouldve had this done and dusted a lot earlier. The amount of time we had the ball in terrific areas and did the wrong thing was ridiculous. Biggest culprits were Telfer and Connolly. Happy with the result and a clean sheet and now it really is all to play for in the quest for european places

He's a joy to watch in the midfield. Absolutey strolled that today and his pass for the goal was magnificent.

Whilst most United fans on here were all for moving him forward there were a couple who were absolutely against the idea and I still have absolutely no idea why.

#JohnMatthausSouttar

Here. Souttar did well. That's cool. Is he a better prospect as a defender or a midfielder though, long term? No doubt for he me, he could be a top class centre back, but he'll be nothing more than a good midfielder. But anyway, can't be arsed arguing about it - if he keeps Paton out of the team, I'm happy enough.

It's got to be said, that's the poorest Aberdeen performance I've seen for a fair time. We almost let them in with a couple of defensive howlers, but deserved the win in the end I reckon.

#JohnMatthausSouttar

He was absolutely terrific. I was previously of the mind that being a good footballer shouldn't preclude you from being a defender so long as you're also a good defender but let's face it John's never really shown any particular aptitude for actually defending. He looks so comfortable in that deep lying midfield position that it seems bizarre that anyone ever thought he was a centre half.

Thought we were wee Rangers?

I'm celebrating your laughable conspiracy theories and the heady combination of your tears permeated by sporadic spells of seethe.

Embarrassing.

Aye, I'm seething, but I also started tis

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/222689-congratulations-celtic/#entry9429688

So, yeah, I permaseehte at losing a league title we were never expected to win

Disappointing result.

Surprised by the amount of gloating DABs tho'.

Give us a break. We have had absolutely f**k all to gloat about in months.

Hurray for us.

Fair do's, you're all forgiven.

Is the consensus that Jackie mac is still for getting booted tho' despite his fine record against us?

Disappointing result.

Surprised by the amount of gloating DABs tho'.

Heid up son :lol:

If you hadnt shat the bed against the timothys in the head to head games, you would still be in with an outside chance of challenging them. So far the wee team cuffed you in one cup and we have pumped you out of the other whilst defeating you today handing the title to they horrible c***s. Im not surprised you are byling!

Here. Souttar did well. That's cool. Is he a better prospect as a defender or a midfielder though, long term? No doubt for he me, he could be a top class centre back, but he'll be nothing more than a good midfielder. But anyway, can't be arsed arguing about it - if he keeps Paton out of the team, I'm happy enough.

It's got to be said, that's the poorest Aberdeen performance I've seen for a fair time. We almost let them in with a couple of defensive howlers, but deserved the win in the end I reckon.

So a number of weeks ago he was "never a midfielder" yet now he could actually be a "good midfielder" :rolleyes:

Wonder if he'll sign a new contract.

Souttar seems a lot more confident in midfield. He's bigger than most midfielders as shone today and his tracking back was once again brilliant.

Our final ball was pretty bad. Some cracking one twos at times though.

Connolly was really bad again, sadly. Hopefully Spittal is fine. Also: everyone working back today. Doubt it'd be the case of Erskine was fit.

Well that was most enjoyable, had forgotten what it was like to celebrate winning a game. Must admit that I didn't think Souttar would cut it in midfield as I didn't think he would have the work rate but it definitely looks a better position for him and was indeed the position he played as a boy. Would like to see Muirhead kept up top till the end of the season as he has faired well the last 2 games and it benefits Ciftci having more of a free roll. 3 points on Wednesday and we would only be 1 behind ICT which given our recent form is quite remarkable but don't think they have won if 8 or 9 games now. The race or 3rd is on again.

Archived