Queen's Park.

Hello all. Advice needed.

My sons (ages 5 and 3) have decided that they're Queen's Park fans despite my attempts to get them to my follow the mighty Brighton and Hove Albion. There's no explanation, they've just fallen in love with them somehow. Anyway, they're desperate to travel up to see a game so what I'm here to ask is what it's like for children of that age? Is it a friendly atmosphere? Something tells me they're in this for the long haul!

Many thanks,

Danny.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously two young men of discernment.

I'm sure they will enjoy the National Stadium. I have been there many times as an away supporter and never felt threatened in any way. They are bound to be made very welcome provided they don't throw any flares.

A nice atmosphere. It can be a bit eerie with a small crowd but at least there is plenty of space in the car park

My sons (ages 5 and 3) have decided that they're Queen's Park fans despite my attempts to get them to my follow the mighty Brighton and Hove Albion. There's no explanation, they've just fallen in love with them somehow. Anyway, they're desperate to travel up to see a game so what I'm here to ask is what it's like for children of that age? Is it a friendly atmosphere? Something tells me they're in this for the long haul!

Many thanks,

Danny.

It'll cost you a quid for each of them...which might make up for the high costs of pies etc.

You're in the South Stand at Hampden, which is the biggest & best one. Atmosphere is fine (although 600 people in a ground for 54,000 is a trifle surreal), but there is no mascot as someone stole the head! We have a social club nearby and the kids are more than welcome; snacks available from 1.00pm.

They'll love it. I'll PM you.

Many thanks,

Danny.

No worries for the boys; my boys were of a similar age when they first started coming along. Though they do like an away game these days!

Thanks for the replies. A quid each for the boys will be welcome after 900 miles worth of petrol. That's a crap way to lose your job, someone nicking your head! Any plans to replace it?

If you're coming that far you might as well take in the SFA Museum and possibly a stadium tour if time permits on a match day.

http://www.scottishfootballmuseum.org.uk/

All the history you can cope with here...

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?page_id=122

Enjoy yourselves...

Thank you, we'll definitely visit the museum. Whilst I've spent many miserable years supporting a truly depressing team south of the border I've always admired Scottish football and it's rich history. You can't be a fan of football and not appreciate what the Scots have brought to the footballing world.

Guest The Phoenix

It'll cost you a quid for each of them...which might make up for the high costs of pies etc.

A quid for a three year old? Ridiculous! ;)

Under 12s are free at Forthbank and our pies are a lot cheaper! :)

Ha! Not sure if it'd work, I'm sure the eldest is narcoleptic and the youngest genuinely believes he's Darth Vader. Could be entertaining I guess.

Get the wee one to bring his Darth Vader outfit just in case the QP mascot's head isn't found in time.

Archived