Queen's Park.

Here's a question. Does Scott McManus exist?

that's not his real name......I was sworn to secrecy but as you appear to have rumbled him I can exclusively reveal it's an alias for Kjartan Finnbogason

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

What like is Willie Muir? Think he could develop into a top flight 'keeper? Heard we are sniffing about.

Not having a great Season. As you will see should have done better for both Peterhead goals. Had a great season last year but losing too many soft goals this year. Confident he can come good.

Not having a great Season. As you will see should have done better for both Peterhead goals. Had a great season last year but losing too many soft goals this year. Confident he can come good.

Good job Spiderer - throw them off the scent.

I would look to our defence before blaming Wullie Muir for conceded goals.

Good job Spiderer - throw them off the scent.

I would look to our defence before blaming Wullie Muir for conceded goals.

Agreed. Not another keeper in the league that I would swap him for.

Cheers for the feedback. Just watched through the highlights there. Thought both shots were hit very hard and although he might have been down a bit faster for the first, I don't think he saw the ball for the second as Burns and Batty (no 3 and 11?) threw themselves in to block and got caught in his line of vision.

I'll be watching on with interest. I would say though that it's a lot better him getting game time every week and getting proper senior football experience so could be good for the boy to just stay where he is for a while.

Alright troops, I recorded a podcast with Alan Trouten. He talks a lot about his four years at the club and working with Billy Stark, and there's some great stuff in there about the League Cup win over Aberdeen and the promotion in 2007. Certainly worth your time.

CLICK

Alright troops, I recorded a podcast with Alan Trouten. He talks a lot about his four years at the club and working with Billy Stark, and there's some great stuff in there about the League Cup win over Aberdeen and the promotion in 2007. Certainly worth your time.

CLICK

Brilliant, cheers for linking that here. I'd recommend this to all Queen's fans, it's very good. Some cracking memories coming up listening to this!

Just a quick question, do QP not pay wages? Just listened to the podcast.

Some cracking interviews with Kettlewell etc as well with the Pele podcast, that team that won the play offs was absolutely superb, best I've seen in the bottom tier, well apart from our title winning side of course. :P

just a quick question, are you at the wind-up or do you genuinely not know that QP are an amateur club?

I know they're an amateur club, on amateur contracts, but I thought they still got paid? I thought the amateur contract just meant that a senior club could talk to and sign your players when they wanted to?

Whilst their tactics and the state of some of their players may scream amateur, they are in fact one of the top paying clubs in the league, with the generous "expenses" packet they offer players.

You'd think that if they were truly an amateur club they'd also compete in the Scottish Amateur Cup? Well they did until a few years ago, when they were barred from entering future tournaments after an investigation into their status.

nice try CK, but time to put another disc on

Lichtie, the reason for CK's sarcasm is that expenses are non-taxable, so depending on individual circumstances a lowly paid part-time player can actually be worse off in real terms than an amateur.....but in most cases the choice is simple

e.g. play at Broadwood every second week for a relatively small amount of money (compared to an annual wage) and if you are good enough to play at a higher level only receive a small part of any transfer fee OR play at Hampden (+ all our training/medical facilities) and keep 100% of anything another club will pay for you after just one season

as far as CK's spin on the SAC is concerned, QP were indeed barred.....................because we play in a professional league and therefore have access to a higher standard of player than the other clubs (funny how our barring came just a few weeks after the last time that we won it, despite it being virtually our entire U-19 team)

but why let the truth get in the way of a good story CK?

Lichtie, is it just me or can you feel the jealousy literally dripping off CK's post?

Lichtie, is it just me or can you feel the jealousy literally dripping off CK's post?

I can aye. ;)

I wouldn't worry, famous old club Queens Park, very quirky in Scottish football terms IMO, find the Hampden thing brilliant as well, used to it now but I remember when I first found out you played there I couldn't believe it. The first away trip there was certainly an experience.

Cheers for clearing that up, I just wondered as you do seem to get some cracking players through.

Whilst their tactics and the state of some of their players may scream amateur, they are in fact one of the top paying clubs in the league, with the generous "expenses" packet they offer players.

You'd think that if they were truly an amateur club they'd also compete in the Scottish Amateur Cup? Well they did until a few years ago, when they were barred from entering future tournaments after an investigation into their status.

Excellent post. Given their wage expenditure season-on-season, I find it frankly unbelievable that they are continually so shite.

Lichtie - you can safely just ignore anything this one posts................you've probably already worked it out for yourself but he's a perpetual wind-up merchant with nothing serious to contribute at any level............one of our serial stalkers who likes to chuck in occasional grenades, and then runs away to watch the carnage from a safe distance - a keyboard coward of the lowest order that most of us have sussed out by now

Archived