Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

You were saying...

Que mental breakdown- I really did expect a good win up there and that's one of the reasons I went but to travel that far for that type of performance is disgraceful! I don't even think we had a shot on target that tested there keeper!!! I honestly don't know what too think right now, there's no passion in the team, Although not everyone liked him Sweeney never gave up and constantly got the players back up for it after going down 1-0 sadly there seems to be no one in this team that can do it. We just look lost and unsure what we've to do after we go 1-0! No passion, no spirit, nothing positive coming from the club right now. It it too late to say I want Duffy back?. Him leaving was the worst thing that could've happened thinking back on it now. Although I'm not fully for Fergie out there's not much more to say he should stay and if he doesn't start getting results starting next week then everyone will start to turn as most already have.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to work today so i can make up for being off yesterday so i could go and watch that shite. Surely even alexander and fergusons biggest advocates must now realize they are both wrong for there respective positions.

I'm done with it, its not even November and the season looks like a right off.

Totally fed up being the laughing stock.

Could ramble on and on, but i have just put my jacket on and and its time to head out into the dark freezing morning, f**k you alexander and f**k you ferguson

Equally incredible (to any Ayr fan) would be the fact that pretty much all our shite last year came from how incompatible a midfield two JPM and McLaughlin are and they have been reunited.

I would love to know the basis that BF signed McGovern on. Going by the comments of the Ayr fans when we signed him, he was horrendous for them last season. When he kicked off the season with us, I think everyone was horrified at how poor he was, yet it appeared from the stands that he (or McLaren) wanted everything going through him, yet he honestly never kicked a ball for us and couldn't even cover the pitch.

It then came out that he was suspended by the club and looked to have played his last game. We could all see what was happening here and although BF (allegedly) told McLaren that he had no interest in signing JP, up he rocked at Broadwood.

The supporters weren't bothered 1 little bit, in his handful of appearances it was clear he was finished as a player yet in those games someone has advised BF that he still had what it takes to play at this level, baffling.

Que mental breakdown- I really did expect a good win up there and that's one of the reasons I went but to travel that far for that type of performance is disgraceful! I don't even think we had a shot on target that tested there keeper!!! I honestly don't know what too think right now, there's no passion in the team, Although not everyone liked him Sweeney never gave up and constantly got the players back up for it after going down 1-0 sadly there seems to be no one in this team that can do it. We just look lost and unsure what we've to do after we go 1-0! No passion, no spirit, nothing positive coming from the club right now. It it too late to say I want Duffy back?. Him leaving was the worst thing that could've happened thinking back on it now. Although I'm not fully for Fergie out there's not much more to say he should stay and if he doesn't start getting results starting next week then everyone will start to turn as most already have.

Sweeney favourited a tweet of mine yesterday expressing my disappointment in the result and of BF in general. Makes you think there was more to his departure than "ma hearts no in it anymore"

More of a concern than the result was the standard of performance. It was like stumbling across two works teams playing in a public park.

With a couple of exceptions, the standard of a team generally reflects the health of a club. The summer signings were mainly players teams such as Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath & Ayr Utd didn't need anymore, so I'm not sure what expectations there were except maybe being a bit more difficult to beat than last season.

There's little point going on about the team, it's just a symptom, along with a load of other issues surrounding the club which has at its core the same common cause. Unless that's addressed, and quickly, you can tinker about at the edges all you want, but it won't make much difference. If any organization can't find what's required from within, they then look to out source. That's standard practice. Ability doesn't require they bring a cheque book with them.

I'd imagine the board will revert to type this morning, let the fans blow off some steam, it'll be largely forgotten by Wednesday or Thursday and if we beat Queen's Park on Saturday it'll all be fine

Clyde as a club are a million miles away from being fine.

You're up late......having trouble sleeping?

Anyway, I thought you were "out", and please don't be so hypocritical to tell me that if the situations were reversed and it was us who were out that you wouldn't be "being a dick" on our thread and enjoying our pain.

However respect to you and any other Clyde fans who went all that way and at least have the balls to acknowledge it was the right result, so now I've had my fun I'll indeed move along and give you some breathing space to recover your energy and enthusiasm for next week's clash of the titans. Believe it or not, the main priority for QP fans about your game todaywas that it didn't end up going to a replay, otherwise we wouldn't have had the pleasure of your company next Saturday, so your defeat was merely a bonus.

:lol:

More of a concern than the result was the standard of performance. It was like stumbling across two works teams playing in a public park.

With a couple of exceptions, the standard of a team generally reflects the health of a club. The summer signings were mainly players teams such as Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath & Ayr Utd didn't need anymore, so I'm not sure what expectations there were except maybe being a bit more difficult to beat than last season.

There's little point going on about the team, it's just a symptom, along with a load of other issues surrounding the club which has at its core the same common cause. Unless that's addressed, and quickly, you can tinker about at the edges all you want, but it won't make much difference. If any organization can't find what's required from within, they then look to out source. That's standard practice. Ability doesn't require they bring a cheque book with them.

I'd imagine the board will revert to type this morning, let the fans blow off some steam, it'll be largely forgotten by Wednesday or Thursday and if we beat Queen's Park on Saturday it'll all be fine

Clyde as a club are a million miles away from being fine.

great post

the board at present will be locking the doors of the Broadwood bunker you won't hear a word from them or the manager

Seems to me Clyde would be happier in the juniors and Barry is the perfect man to take them there. They're just too bitter and chippy for the SPFL.

we do a lot worse than go and get some of the decent junior players back half of our old team are plying there with smiles on their faces free of bf and his total pish philosophy big headed arrogant verging on bigoted views

Can't believe Mark Roberts has poisoned two clubs with his jobber pals, be careful about wanting Barry to go while that grim rimmer lurks about.

It is absolutely tragic people are still being 'forced' to pay money to watch that c**t McLaughlin job about the park no being able to pass the ball, run or tackle and then f**k up every free kick or corner that you work hard to get.

Equally incredible (to any Ayr fan) would be the fact that pretty much all our shite last year came from how incompatible a midfield two JPM and McLaughlin are and they have been reunited.

Hope Shaggro doesn't chuck it!

Really feel for you lads. Sometimes it just stops being funny.

Its seems pretty clear that Ferguson must rely on Roberts for a lot of players that he signs after all the players we have signed recently with connections to Ayr.

The midfield two of JPM and McLaughlin is very poor and as pointed out by David W he never ever subs McLaughlin no matter how bad he plays and for some reason he has been made captain recently which is about the 4th different captain of the season.

I had been sticking up for Ferguson hoping that the performance against Annan was what we could play like most games but that game seems to have been a one off helped by Annan being so open that day we played them.

Its very clear now that he has to go and it needs to happen soon.

I do hope that we do not go down the route of getting an ex player in with no experience of management that quite a few fans seem to want and that we get a manager in that has experience of the lower leagues as with us only being 6 points off the top and with it looking like no outstanding team in the league as yet and no team able to string together a winning run it means the league looks like its going to be open so that could help if we get a new manager in soon.

Having a nosey at your thoughts on Barry as manager and it certainly looks like he isn't management material, however you might get your wish to get rid of him if the papers are right!

Former Rangers and Scotland midfielder Barry Ferguson is contemplating his future as Clyde manager after the League Two side were knocked out of the Scottish Cup 2-0 by Highland League outfit Formartine United. (Sunday Mail, print edition)

I'm out. Enough is enough.

Aggro, I gave up last week.

Put my ST in a drawer and it will stay there till I see something positive coming from the board, manager or Dad's Army.

The board, manager and Dad's Army deserve what's happening but not Clyde FC, you or I and plenty others.

Let the Trolls have their say as the aforementioned deserve it but NOT the true fans.

Keep Clyde FC in your heart.

Im not saying im not going back or writing a resignation letter cause end up with egg on ma face but after do need a wee while away from it.....

think you will find a lot will feel the same way fans can only take the S*** getting kick out them for so long

sad state of affairs

He's going!

Where you seeing this? I really hope it's true, after the last two performances I've lost all faith in Ferguson and it would appear so have the players. I just can't see Ferguson being the type of person to walk away until things get much worse or he is sacked.

I still believe we have a fairly decent squad for this level and just need a competent manager who can get the best out of them.

If he does go then hopefully Roberts goes with him as I don't want him taking over.

Where you seeing this? I really hope it's true, after the last two performances I've lost all faith in Ferguson and it would appear so have the players. I just can't see Ferguson being the type of person to walk away until things get much worse or he is sacked.

I still believe we have a fairly decent squad for this level and just need a competent manager who can get the best out of them.

If he does go then hopefully Roberts goes with him as I don't want him taking over.

his quoted in the sun as saying he will consider his position over the weekend

I think he will tough it out he next three fixtures two at home and Queens away he will think that's a chance to turn it round

who knows but he won't be sacked

Archived