Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archie Campbell on loan to stenhousemuir

Always amazes me how clubs from a lower league loan a player not good enough fir a regular game to s club in a higher league.

Strange !

Having said that, I wish Archie all the beat, always gives his all.

Always amazes me how clubs from a lower league loan a player not good enough fir a regular game to s club in a higher league.

Strange !

Having said that, I wish Archie all the beat, always gives his all.

:lol:

I recorded a podcast last summer with Big Match John and it's one of the finest pieces of audio I've ever heard. Please take the time to listen to it and really get to know your new signing - CLICK.

If he's got the fire in his belly, he'll be a great asset to the team. He's the kind of player who revels in big games - one of his finest performances for the Warriors was a Scottish Cup fourth-round replay at Annan. Stenny were two goals down with 20 minutes to go and looking down and out, and Big Match John took things into his own hands. He scored a penalty and helped set up the equaliser, and then he assisted another two goals in extra time.

I was hoping he'd come back to the Warriors but I hope he does well at Clyde.

When "in the mood" he's virtually unplayable, but motivating him to keep/shed (?) the lbs will be a test of Bazza's managerial skills, as will be persuading him to give his all on a wet and windy night at the best stadia this division has to offer. Questions remain over his fitness (the injuries aspect) but what I'd really like to know is how a club which has gone back into debt can afford him?

Even allowing for the partial wages offset outlined above, where did the cash come from to sign him from Stenny, or were they so keen to offload him that they let him go for nothing (if so, why?).

Easily the highest profile Div 2 signing of the window, so no doubt about Clyde's ambition/desperation to leave this league, and which now puts them in the driving seat to do so, but by "splashing the cash" will they have over-stretched themselves if they fail in their quest to do so? A very interesting three months lies ahead!

When "in the mood" he's virtually unplayable, but motivating him to keep/shed (?) the lbs will be a test of Bazza's managerial skills, as will be persuading him to give his all on a wet and windy night at the best stadia this division has to offer. Questions remain over his fitness (the injuries aspect) but what I'd really like to know is how a club which has gone back into debt can afford him?

Even allowing for the partial wages offset outlined above, where did the cash come from to sign him from Stenny, or were they so keen to offload him that they let him go for nothing (if so, why?).

Easily the highest profile Div 2 signing of the window, so no doubt about Clyde's ambition/desperation to leave this league, and which now puts them in the driving seat to do so, but by "splashing the cash" will they have over-stretched themselves if they fail in their quest to do so? A very interesting three months lies ahead!

I can see the point you are trying to make but I would think that Chris Mitchell and now Archie Campbell leaving in particular will make up a large chunk of what Gemmell will be on, I would think they would have been on decent enough money (In our terms anyway).

Not to mention the other 4 / 5 who have left or loaned out.

Lets hope we get the unplayable Gemmell then, I sure you will agree.

The season before he joined the Rovers, they drew Rangers in the Scottish Cup quarter-final and took them to a replay. Both matches were televised and the club made a lot of money from it; some of that money was used to buy Gemmell from Stenny and sign him on a two-year contract.

It was James Ward who signed him for the Rovers but a couple of weeks later, Ward was punted and replaced by Darren Young, who didn't seem to fancy Gemmell. He'd come off the bench from time to time but he never got a run in the team.

The season before he joined the Rovers, they drew Rangers in the Scottish Cup quarter-final and took them to a replay. Both matches were televised and the club made a lot of money from it; some of that money was used to buy Gemmell from Stenny and sign him on a two-year contract.

It was James Ward who signed him for the Rovers but a couple of weeks later, Ward was punted and replaced by Darren Young, who didn't seem to fancy Gemmell. He'd come off the bench from time to time but he never got a run in the team.

No idea if it's true, but I was told by someone that should know that he was Rovers' highest earning player. As has been said, great on his day.....but very inconsistent and moody.

I can see the point you are trying to make but I would think that Chris Mitchell and now Archie Campbell leaving in particular will make up a large chunk of what Gemmell will be on, I would think they would have been on decent enough money (In our terms anyway).

Freddy, one of us is being unrealistic about what big bad John would be looking for to come down a divison - hope for Clyde's sake it's me, but I guess you'll find out at your next AGM

I'm being informed that when Rovers told Barry Ferguson they wanted £1K for the services of Gemmell he replied "Av got that in spare change lying aboot the hoose" :lol: Big John also not happy it would seem, didn't know anything about the bid until Young told him they'd accepted a bid and he had to go.

No idea if it's true, but I was told by someone that should know that he was Rovers' highest earning player. As has been said, great on his day.....but very inconsistent and moody.

top earners at the club at the moment apparently £250 per week would have thought mitchell would have been one of them may well have been a signing on fee

mostly likely the money has came from external source

think this is probably the last throw of the dice for BF ,we have went out on a limb with getting in better players and paying them accordingly If we don't make it this year not sure we could sustain the same budget for next year.

who knows

I'm being informed that when Rovers told Barry Ferguson they wanted £1K for the services of Gemmell he replied "Av got that in spare change lying aboot the hoose" :lol: Big John also not happy it would seem, didn't know anything about the bid until Young told him they'd accepted a bid and he had to go.

:lol::lol::lol: Fair play to Ferguson, investing his EBT in Clyde is a far less selfish move than just buying a bigger house or a faster car

On the outside looking in, I can't think of a manager turning over so many players in such a short space of time as Barry Ferguson. He must have gone through about three squads in the past 18 months. Clyde supporters will know better than me but he seems to make his mind up about players really early on.

On the outside looking in, I can't think of a manager turning over so many players in such a short space of time as Barry Ferguson. He must have gone through about three squads in the past 18 months. Clyde supporters will know better than me but he seems to make his mind up about players really early on.

Certainly went through a fair amount of players. A few of the signings he made in his first season were dreadful, David sinclair and the likes.

However quickly realised these guys were pish and moved them on. On paper we have a decent that should be challenging, next game at Elgin is massive.

Certainly went through a fair amount of players. A few of the signings he made in his first season were dreadful, David sinclair and the likes.

However quickly realised these guys were pish and moved them on. On paper we have a decent that should be challenging, next game at Elgin is massive.

Total agree. Think every game between now and may massive as so many teams could win league or finish play off. Arbroath perfect example. Bottom to 5th in few games....

I make Gemmell his 37th signing since taking over. We had 17 signed players when he took over and he's brought another 8 through from the U20s. To date we've listed 61 different players in matchday squads, I'm sure McMann and Gemmell will take it up to 63 soon.

Archived