Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A combination of things, the player or players family might not be available to attend that year. Lack of time to put together a decent presentation on the player and it's obviously more difficult the further back you go.

Tommy ring this is a guy who scored a goal to win us the cup played at the same time as George herd he is the most capped player and pat Nevin gets in before him ? pat was an exceptional player probably the best in have seen but before Ring never I have spoken to Gordon about this and he gave the explanation above he has stuck his head above the parapet and runs these nights good on him still think it's long over due.

only an opinion

maybe they have opened a tomb in Rutherglen and found some ancient sands script's detailing the great man's career :)

Well the comments regarding our board not being forthcoming with information, the lack of clarity of future plans, the removal/ resignation of key members of the club?

I supposed it was an interesting comparison. Wrongly? It's a quiet day here in Steel City.

It was the gagging orders bit that made me think "What if it happened to us?

Well the comments regarding our board not being forthcoming with information, the lack of clarity of future plans, the removal/ resignation of key members of the club?

I supposed it was an interesting comparison. Wrongly? It's a quiet day here in Steel City.

It was the gagging orders bit that made me think "What if it happened to us?

skimmed through it ,good article  ok its not about Clyde but shows  fan ownership can develop in a really negative way 

my opinion fan ownership work with large fanbases  not  with the the size Clyde's 

Funnily enough, I read the article yesterday, and was going to post it.

The main thing that struck a chord with me was this -

"This is the development of a systemic culture of secrecy, evasion and misrepresentation. Information is withheld, questions are not answered, restrictive codes of conduct are drawn up and attempts are made to stifle or silence criticism on the forums. Anyone who voices criticism of the way things are run is apparently viewed as an enemy of the club".

Sound familiar?

Like to add my appreciation of the contributions from big Paddy Keogh and I am sorry to hear of his departure from the club.

Of course many of us will have bitter-sweet memories of his last game (as a player) and scoring a hat-trick on that "helicopter Saturday" in Brechin when the Scottish League had hired a helicopter to deliver the league championship trophy to either ourselves or Inverness.

At the end of the day it wasn't to be and we didn't decant to Kilmarnock for a season but all sorts of things did happen which almost led to the demise of our club.

However, that is a whole long different story................................................ 

So every question is fully answered on it? Not from what I see.

And as for "commercial confidentiality" pish, how come the board won't tell you much, but yer man Kelly will make you welcome, give you a free pie, and tell you everything you ask?

Archived