Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Kirkpatrick suffers a wee bit from the typical Scottish problem of not really knowing how to use attacking midfielders, so subsequently he gets used in central midfield or punted out on either wing, when his best position is behind a centre forward and ahead of the midfielders. Capable of a bit of magic and the odd spectacular goal. Hasn't really worked out for him at Sons the last season or two, though he was very good when he initially broke into the team a while back. Tends to play a game and then get dropped for the next one so never gets much in the way of consistent runs in the side. Can flit in and out of games

but has ability. With games he should be very effective against the dross in this league. Best of luck to him.

Aye, can't add much to that. He was more effective than Scott Agnew in central midfield in 2013/14, but found himself punted wide at every opportunity since then where he can't play.

He's got that wee bit of quality that most players won't have at this level, and assuming you play him in centre mid will be a tremendous addition.

He's featured a decent amount for us this season, mainly from the bench, so I'm surprised we've let him go to be honest. Hopefully it means will be adding to the squad as he's a decent player at Championship level when in centre mid.

Never. Ever. Let him take a corner.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, can't add much to that. He was more effective than Scott Agnew in central midfield in 2013/14, but found himself punted wide at every opportunity since then where he can't play.

He's got that wee bit of quality that most players won't have at this level, and assuming you play him in centre mid will be a tremendous addition.

He's featured a decent amount for us this season, mainly from the bench, so I'm surprised we've let him go to be honest. Hopefully it means will be adding to the squad as he's a decent player at Championship level when in centre mid.

Never. Ever. Let him take a corner.

cheers

all good reports from the sons

sounds like right good signing

Let's hope so but we did hear similar with Campbell and that other player last season (whose name escapes me) that left us to go to oz, and they didn't exactly set the heather on fire.

If he is hungry and keen to impress then should be a good signing.

Now I understand your Celtic bias. Seems to be quite a few closet **** amongst the Clyde support. Give Barry my best when next your talking.

All the best

Allan McGregor

dear oh dear some issues

you seem upset

Well.....he scored for you. 

Shame the performance today from the team was rubbish in general. Think he showed enough to suggest he'll be a decent player for us; had a decent picture when he got the ball, moved it sharply. BF certainly seems to want him in for next season as well and if we add a couple of better players around him it'd make a difference.

great to see Tommy ring getting inducted into the Clyde hall of fame absolute disgrace it took this long most capped player and more than likely our most talented player ever and to think Craig brown got in before him don't get that one :(

see Keith knox as well great club servant and real Clyde man

Archived