Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Agree completely, normally these type of meetings attract 50 or so owners. Even allowing for proxy votes I can't see us getting the 201 or so votes required to officially remove the name change.

The timing is not ideal, Monday night during the summer isn't likely to attract the required number. When we were initially voting on the name change it was a Saturday before a home game. I would have liked to have seen similar for this meeting.

you're right. Before a home match would have been easy and ideal if they wanted to ensure the turnout. The mechanism for calling an EGM and having the name change removed is extremely simple and a small number of those who voted to change the name could have got together and demanded a vote months ago if they really cared about it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely there can't be many of these folk in favour of the whole EK move? I'll admit I fell for the whole move or we die stuff coming from the board at the time of the EK vote.

On the agenda for Monday is a formal vote to remove the EK name change and something to do with changing the dates the accounts are produced. Once that's out the way am sure the proposed move will take up the majority of the meeting.

To remove the name change requires a 50% turn out with a 75% majority. Just hoping we get enough turning out that we can remove the name change once and for all.

I have already voted by proxy! Get shot of the name change!! never let it darken our door again.

Turnout will portray a reflection of apathy & engagement one way or the other.

I'll be interested to hear how many bother.

think the overall vote is the important thing here ,there are a lot of voters dont live near rutherglen and the time of year certainly doesnt help so think the physical turnout is less important than the total number of votes .If we cant get half the owners to vote then I would scrap the whole idea of this fan ownership farce (well I would even if everybody voted :) ) I think one of the questions tonight should be how much money is generated by the owners? if you own something then you noramlly would invest in it 30 quid a year is simply a novelty not a commitment I think we need to distinguish between being an owner and being a member

I would like to see member at say 10 quid a month

with owners who put in more money with slightly more voting rights

a balance struck so that it couldnt be somthing like 2 owners running the club

might not be workable but would like to see it discussed

physical turnout only or that plus proxy return? For what its worth, i will be there.

To be fair, the only formal business of the meeting is only a couple of votes which can be done via email, so I can see why people won't bother actually turning up. I'd be more concerned if folk can't even be bothered voting than turning up!

think the overall vote is the important thing here ,there are a lot of voters dont live near rutherglen and the time of year certainly doesnt help so think the physical turnout is less important than the total number of votes .If we cant get half the owners to vote then I would scrap the whole idea of this fan ownership farce (well I would even if everybody voted :) ) I think one of the questions tonight should be how much money is generated by the owners? if you own something then you noramlly would invest in it 30 quid a year is simply a novelty not a commitment I think we need to distinguish between being an owner and being a member

I would like to see member at say 10 quid a month

with owners who put in more money with slightly more voting rights

a balance struck so that it couldnt be somthing like 2 owners running the club

might not be workable but would like to see it discussed

you can't scrap the idea of voting because people don't vote though. The owners spoke loud and clear in 2013 and if they choose not to remove the resolution then it's their prerogative.

To be fair, the only formal business of the meeting is only a couple of votes which can be done via email, so I can see why people won't bother actually turning up. I'd be more concerned if folk can't even be bothered voting than turning up!

I agree completely.

Which by my count gives us six centre-halves, even accounting for McQueen as a frontman. Obviously just guesswork now, but looking at the signings, their pedigrees and where they are in their careers, the team looks pretty straightforward to pick.....the only position im not sure of is the left-of-centre midfield spot. If of course Barry is going 3-5-2, which looks the most obvious givrn the number of cb's we have. Presuming Murray will anchor in the centre, and Durie being a fairly adept wingback, Mitchell will probably be earmaked to play the inside-right. That would leave McLaughlin as the obvious choice (or Pollock or Slane had they retained....McLaughlin looked a fairly accomplished water-carrier himself) opposite. Unless perhaps SF7 could be handed a role in there.....not just to boost midfield numbers, but we now have three viable striking options, and McQueen too...not playing two direct attackers would be a waste....and giing three up top would be unsustainable with the numbers we're going with.......Fergie and Campbell flanking Higgins/Gormley the odd time, certsinly......we last played 3-4-3 in the glory days, but then we had a very high-pressing high-energy midfield which helped push the front three closer together (often Keogh or Smith behind the two smaller players)....and also two nominal full-backs often overlapping from the back three. That left-side spot is for me the only one with a real question mark over who should play there, Ferguson could be the key.

looks the strongest squad we have had for years the most important part of team for me is the strikers if we get these guys scoring then wining the league is real prospect our defence looks solid midfield also looks solid

EK Clyde name change voted out so that is good news. Hopefully now we can move forward now and look to get the Shettleston move in agreement within the next few months.

EK Clyde name change voted out so that is good news. Hopefully now we can move forward now and look to get the Shettleston move in agreement within the next few months.

Excellent, wasn't sure if we would get the required numbers to put it through.

Regarding Players signed, yes I'm quite optimistic, as BF has signed a good calibre of player.

However that will mean nothing unless they play as a team, up to the manager from that perspective..

Quietly confident that this will happen, however we will face stiff competition from the likes of QP, Arbroath, Binos etc.

Sounds like good news. Can someone tell me what was actually voted on last night.

Name change alone means we can look to get back,

It was just the name change and 3 dates which I think are linked to the membership dates so they are closer to the clubs financial reporting dates that was voted on.

Sounds like good news. Can someone tell me what was actually voted on last night.

Name change alone means we can look to get back,

the vote last night was

That the conditional resolution to change the club’s name to EK Clyde Football Club Community Interest Company passed on 20th April 2013 and any authority given to the directors to authorise such a change of name be withdrawn.

Archived