Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant say that I am surprised that there has been a swing as due to the fact that there seems to have been so little happening on the EK move front and with the board speaking to quite a few other parties about moving to other places and I think the fans have seen how much this has split the support since the original vote and with the Shettleston move hopefully being a real possibility this has maybe helped to push more people into voting this name change off completely.

So.....what was the actual result?? And what will be taken, going forward, from the overall situation? It's a helluva swing from a lot of members....particularly based on the information available before both votes.

didnt tell us the actual numbers but I think everyone in the room voted for the name change resolution to be voted out so that is gone

still in talks with shettleston almost complete but not signed off yet , first redevelopment would be 1600 covered terracing

plastic pitch hopefully for next season , sponsorship up by 5 times since last season , player budget increased , fergusson big influence on players signing

oh and complaints about floodlights and broken seats at broadwood , summer football ,

no time to discuss colour of toilet paper or the temperature of the pies ;)

didnt tell us the actual numbers but I think everyone in the room voted for the name change resolution to be voted out so that is gone

still in talks with shettleston almost complete but not signed off yet , first redevelopment would be 1600 covered terracing

plastic pitch hopefully for next season , sponsorship up by 5 times since last season , player budget increased , fergusson big influence on players signing

oh and complaints about floodlights and broken seats at broadwood , summer football ,

no time to discuss colour of toilet paper or the temperature of the pies ;)

Thanks for the update as I couldn't make it yesterday.

There needed to be a certain amount of registered owners taking part in the vote for it to stand. Do we know for certain there was enough?

Presumably there will need to be a vote before Shettleston is signed off as well? There was one required before EK.

Like cfcuk. I was also in the minority. Whilst I wasn't a CIC member, I was 100% against the name chance, I had fellow fans falling out with me over it, I got laughed at when I said I would not follow EK Clyde as in my opinion it would not be the same club. So when the members believed the scaremongering bullshite we got from the board, it was a very dark day. It took the shine off a Clyde win when my wee boy was the mascot that day...

Thankfully people have came to their senses, the minority eventually was heard and the majority accepted their faults and sparked this re-vote!

Safe to say, I was over the fuckin moon last night when I heard the result. No more will be be plagued with this fuckin pathetic name chance! The club was nearly sold out, but it's here to stay!!

Bring on the new season!! Mon the Clyde!!

:thumsup2

and if we do get to shettleston and we build the covered terracing for 1600 what a cracking atmosphere we could create add to that a social club to use before the game , a squad that looks capable of a real strong challenge for the league

we could just be turning the corner (and its been one long corner )

There needed to be a certain amount of registered owners taking part in the vote for it to stand. Do we know for certain there was enough?

Presumably there will need to be a vote before Shettleston is signed off as well? There was one required before EK.

well the secretary said the motion and that enough of the memebers had voted

Im not sure there will be a vote about shettleston ,but could be wrong

I thought that the vote for EK was just that a mandate was being given to the board to allow them to change the name if certain conditions of the move happened so I don't think that there will need to be a vote for Shettleston.

:thumsup2

and if we do get to shettleston and we build the covered terracing for 1600 what a cracking atmosphere we could create add to that a social club to use before the game , a squad that looks capable of a real strong challenge for the league

we could just be turning the corner (and its been one long corner )

Even that sounds too good to be true given the amount of shit we've enjured the last 7 or so years

I thought that the vote for EK was just that a mandate was being given to the board to allow them to change the name if certain conditions of the move happened so I don't think that there will need to be a vote for Shettleston.

At the EGM with the EK vote, resolutions 2 and 3 were regarding the name change. Resolution 1 was :

"That the board are authorised to enter into on behalf of the company all appropriate legal agreements and make all appropriate arrangements to allow the club to relocate to a location of the board's choice in or around East Kilbride."

This would suggest one would be required for Shettleston (or anywhere other than East Kilbride).

Why are some supporters feeding Clyde66 wiih information when all he wants to do is cause trouble between us.

He's a hack and an ex-player with a bone to grind and he's the one who celebrated a former chairman's death.

Give him a body swerve.

At the EGM with the EK vote, resolutions 2 and 3 were regarding the name change. Resolution 1 was :

"That the board are authorised to enter into on behalf of the company all appropriate legal agreements and make all appropriate arrangements to allow the club to relocate to a location of the board's choice in or around East Kilbride."

This would suggest one would be required for Shettleston (or anywhere other than East Kilbride).

Fair enough, maybe a question might have been asked about it last night so need to wait until information of the meeting is made available.

I genuinely would hope that for as long as the intended future is as Clyde, there should be no vote required....as custodians, acting in the clubs interest is not the same as doing what the supporters/members want.....people are on a board because they possess varying degrees of skill sets....those should be utilised.

I genuinely would hope that for as long as the intended future is as Clyde, there should be no vote required....as custodians, acting in the clubs interest is not the same as doing what the supporters/members want.....people are on a board because they possess varying degrees of skill sets....those should be utilised.

agree totally :thumsup2

To be fair, the only formal business of the meeting is only a couple of votes which can be done via email, so I can see why people won't bother actually turning up. I'd be more concerned if folk can't even be bothered voting than turning up!

I couldn't even be bothered to vote. Let's hope a change in fortunes on/off the pitch get people like me re-engaged.

I couldn't even be bothered to vote. Let's hope a change in fortunes on/off the pitch get people like me re-engaged.

It would probably have taken about the same amount of time to fill in the form and email it as it has taken you to post about not being bothered to vote.

Archived