Arbroath Vs. QP-Play-Offs

Why are so many `stewards` required when the crowd is only going to be around 1000 ? Seems the days are long gone when a polis sergeant and spotty youth constable standing at the tunnel was enough for lower league matches. Surely fan behaviour hasn`t become that bad.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First up, huge applause for both groups of players. A torrid battle all day and both teams giving it all. Arbroath looked tired at 75 minutes, recovered a bit in ET but looked set for penalties in the last 15 minutes. Ultimately the team who were pushing for the win got their reward and it couldn't have been scripted better to have Quinn belt home the winner. Utter scenes I believe is the vernacular!

Regarding the tactics; too subtle for Clyde fans but it's been evident in every game that Arbroath have an attack-minded midfield who all push high up the field. The long clearances coupled with Carter's tireless pressing set the defence deep and when the ball was cleared back QP midfielders were controlling the space and winning the second balls. McPherson's the winner on the touch line today.

Superb effort all round. After the dismal AR performance it was all about the response. No question QP players wanted it more today.

There was actually a QP fan greeting at full time. What a state to get yourself into. Embarrassing.

It was a fairly even game but Arbroath created by a country mile the two best chances in normal time, with Muir making a few great saves. It's all about taking your chances though and there were rather impressive scenes as the Clogger of Cloggers thumped home.

Not a great game overall, with both teams looking nervy throughout. It was fairly exciting in parts, though. Some real end to end stuff in the 2nd half of 90 mins.

I expected East Fife to progress against Stenny, so I suspect the final will be a tougher task for QP and that they'll have to play better than today over 2 legs to stand a chance.

Be careful, if you continue your recent pattern of talking sense in your threads I may have to upgrade my opinion of you to numpty! Your summation of the game is absolutely spot on. I thought Arbroath were the better side in the first half but we gradually wore them down and had more of the game without doing much with it. Muir saved us on two occasions before Quinn's piledriver at the end.

Performance was poor, but it's now all about the outcome, and as gutted as I would be if I were an Arbroath fan, you could see towards the end that we were the team trying to get the winner rather than settle for the penalty lottery.

Not having seen Stenny is hard to say whether we need a better performance wo win the final as Muir, Wharton and Quinn looked rock solid today, and if it takes Gus parking the bus to scrape over the finishing line then it would be churlish to criticise him for that.

Thanks to all the Clyde fans there today who could be heard loudly cheering us on - your support and money were much appreciated, and look forward to welcoming you back again on Wednesday?

cheers lichtie - that must have been a sore one for you boys today, and had it gone to penalties I don't think either side would have been hard done by, but it's all about taking your chances and you missed the two best ones of the game, with Muir's save high to his left from Murray being a contender for "save of the season" imo

Brilliant!

Focused performance, but Wullie Muir was vital. Delighted for Quinno.

Very tense having to sit through all of that. Couldn't enjoy it until the final whistle!
Simon Murray and Bobby Linn very dangerous - let's not forget how good Arbroath have been for large parts of the season.
Unlucky to the Arbroath fans - great atmosphere.

Really hope we go up if only for a season, and if only to be on a different forum to the Clyde fans (will they follow us there too?). They really seem to have a higher proportion of fannies than other clubs.

cheers lichtie - that must have been a sore one for you boys today, and had it gone to penalties I don't think either side would have been hard done by, but it's all about taking your chances and you missed the two best ones of the game, with Muir's save high to his left from Murray being a contender for "save of the season" imo

It was sickening mate but I'm very proud to be a part of that tremendous Lichties support today

Archived