Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happens, the next three weeks could a long way to determining how the top 3 looks come the end of the season, with our next three games being Stenhousemuir (H), Peterhead (H), Dunfermline (A). I fully expect Dunfermline to go on and win the league now but this is an important few weeks for us. Just hoping we can return to near enough a full squad within this time as with the exception of Saturday, we have struggled without Doc, Adams and Gilly.

Why on earth would he be bitter? He's spoke fondly of his time at Ayr in the past.

He's probably making a rational judgement based on how Peterhead and Ayr have played against us and how the form has been for those two teams.

If we can win our next two and beat Ayr again I think it's a major step. Ayr looked very impressive against Albion but there's a question on how fit and prepared rovers were having been out for so long.

If we loose one and Ayr beat us it's back on.

Best player on the park. Scored an absolute screamer aswell, definitely his best performance since being with us.

Still need a spoiler in the middle of the field, Doc, Adams or both fit asap!

Best player on the park. Scored an absolute screamer aswell, definitely his best performance since being with us.

Happy for him! Hope he helps you's to promotion! His knee injury gobbled him for us when he started playing well. He obviously knew he was a sort of big signing for us last year and I think we maybe had thought he was gonna be betterbthan he was. Good luck to him and you's too!!

agreed.

mccalls always been a huge Adams fan. Mccall can be a fud but he does know a player when he sees one. For example doolan Erskine paton Cairney! Can't remember ur lbs ne but he also hand picked him as a signing for us. A good few have lived up to their potential doolan Erskine Cairney paton? But I'd say ur in good hands and Mccall knows how to pick out diamonds

mccalls always been a huge Adams fan. Mccall can be a fud but he does know a player when he sees one. For example doolan Erskine paton Cairney! Can't remember ur lbs ne but he also hand picked him as a signing for us. A good few have lived up to their potential doolan Erskine Cairney paton? But I'd say ur in good hands and Mccall knows how to pick out diamonds

He has put a lot of faith in Adams and has certainly been repaid for it. Adams was signed at a time when teams wouldn't even go near him due to his injury problems. Adams said that as along as McCall wants him at Ayr he will stay.

Thought Adams was a total haddy the first few times he played, happy to have been proven very wrong!

Nah, Adams was blowing out his arse after 25 minutes of his 1st game and still played ok.

There did seem to be a few comments writing him off after his first appearance saying not worth signing. Mind you folk were suggesting that after 2 games for Stevenson when he clearly wasn't fit either!

I posted after his first couple of games or so that I was unconvinced by him, and I posted on another thread recently that I think his influence is overstated. He's a solid player at this level, but his stock appears to have risen a fair bit (judging by comments on here) since he got injured and the team lost form. Apart from bringing some (admittedly, needed) physicality to the team, I find it hard to pinpoint exactly what it is he does to earn such gushing praise on here. Docherty is a vastly superior player, and IMO his absence is the reason for the team's loss of form recently.

I posted after his first couple of games or so that I was unconvinced by him, and I posted on another thread recently that I think his influence is overstated. He's a solid player at this level, but his stock appears to have risen a fair bit (judging by comments on here) since he got injured and the team lost form. Apart from bringing some (admittedly, needed) physicality to the team, I find it hard to pinpoint exactly what it is he does to earn such gushing praise on here. Docherty is a vastly superior player, and IMO his absence is the reason for the team's loss of form recently.

Docherty is better but Adams is far more than solid at this level.

Nine times in the league this season Ross Docherty and Jamie Adams have played together in the middle of the park. In these games we have won seven and drawn two. Both draws came away from home.

Docherty was right back at Albion Rovers on the first day of the league season. Against Dunfermline at Somerset in the league game he was substituted at half-time due to injury with the score tied at 1-1.

So in the league Docherty has never came off the park a losing player having played centre midfield! He's class!

I can't wait to see the team have Doc & Adams in it with stevo playing further forward!

Archived