Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the new league fixtures, if we were still under Roberts, 4 wins a draw will see us on top when we visit Dunfermline on the 12th September and then pumped by the Pars then by the next 4-5 teams following them.

It is a strange feeling that, with the signings made this year we should be a contender, yet the absolute shitemare of the last 2 years means I have no idea what next season will be like

Looking at the new league fixtures, if we were still under Roberts, 4 wins a draw will see us on top when we visit Dunfermline on the 12th September and then pumped by the Pars then by the next 4-5 teams following them.

It is a strange feeling that, with the signings made this year we should be a contender, yet the absolute shitemare of the last 2 years means I have no idea what next season will be like

Realistically after the past two years I'd take 4th happily and anything above is a bonus. McCall has talked the talk, signed some very interesting prospects and given us a bit of professionalism. So in my head I reckon we'll be mixing it up with the title picture along with a few teams.

A few teams in the league have taken a hit with players leaving, where as Ayr will mostly benefit from players fcuking off, however, we have signed five players so far and none have came from a team that finished in the top four last season so the real hope is either that combined, the youth Ayr have developed can blend with the players brought in and compete or the quality is diluted sufficiently in the league that we out-shite the competition.

A few teams in the league have taken a hit with players leaving, where as Ayr will mostly benefit from players fcuking off, however, we have signed five players so far and none have came from a team that finished in the top four last season so the real hope is either that combined, the youth Ayr have developed can blend with the players brought in and compete or the quality is diluted sufficiently in the league that we out-shite the competition.

We've signed 2 from Brechin, who finished 4th. And 2 from Airdrie, who finished 1 point behind Brechin.

In fairness both Trouten and Boyle were in team of the sesson last year.

Fleming - Probably the unknown quantity of the signings, Pars fans don't rate him however played for a good few teams down south and every time we played against him he had a stormer, only conceding to an Alan Forrest thundersmash!

McLauchlan - Centre half who would walk into any team in the league.

Boyle - League 1 left back of the year.

Trouten - League 1 team of the year and 50 goals in 3 season from midfield.

Docherty - Regarded as a bigger loss than a player who was in the team of the year last year, type of midfielder we've been missing since Marvyn Wilson.

We're 2 or 3 players off our full starting 11 and 4-6 players off a complete squad. Reckon we'll see another goalie come in, at least 1 more defender, at least 1 more midfielder and minimum 2 strikers, which from what I've heard is what we are probably going to get.

Fleming

Devlin McLauchlan Murphy Boyle

Crawford Docherty

Forrest Trouten Donald

Striker

Got a feeling Trouten could end up as the striker (if scoring goals from there) with Forrest in behind with a new attacking winger. There's always the chance Donald could be hooked if a new player comes in. Donald of 18 months ago is one if the best left wingers we've had in recent signings. Left back and left wing back has stopped him from playing further forward and hopefully McCall can get him back to his best with Boyle behind him.

Hopefully Preston will be back with us this season and one more experienced striker would probably be enough. We will only be playing with 1 up top, however that doesn't necessarily mean we won't be an attacking force, just look at what will be behind the striker.

:lol:

That's plenty.

Oaft, hurting.

What team in this league would he not get a game with? Before signing with Ayr, Dunfermline fans on their forum had him on a players wish list, he's now signed for Ayr, so that's 2 out of the 3 title favourites that wanted him in their team. I'm sure if he was available and offered to Cowden, they'd be more than happy with him.

At least you aren't bitter or anything. Sorry about that.

Not bitter at all. You've got the best player in the league in Alan Trouten. Gerry on the other hand is an average defender at this level.

Archived