Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when fit milojevic didn't look up to much although Duffy never played a settled back 4. Caldwell was very good for us initially but seemed to fall out of the picture and didn't do much after that. I'd have been happy to have him sign up for next season but hey. He'd be a good signing for any team in league 1 or bottom half of the championship i

imo.

People are obsessed with Gary fucking Teale! He's done nothing as a manager and barely won a game with Saints.

Why would he make a good coach for Ayr?

Because he's been here before.

Gary Teale's playing days are over. He's still relatively unproven as a coach and will probably end up with an U20's gig somewhere.

As for our strikers. Preston will be back if Blackburn give it the ok. That might be as late as early August. But given he knows the setup and the manager that shouldn't be an issue. We still need one other. Caldwell would be a good fit as we wouldn't be relying on him as our main striker. We should have a good balance of goals throughout the team.

Having Docherty or Murphy in the holding midfield role will allow Crawford to get forward more. I'm predicting double figures from Robbie this year.

What is the point in Blackburn loaning Preston to Ayr again?

The levels are light years apart surely they test him at a better level or just release him now as he's never going to cut it in the Championship down south?

The club would need to pay for a new coach, traditionally we have only had a manager and assistant so if Scally is continuing as a coach you can forget about anyone else coming in regardless of their connection to the club or McCall

What is the point in Blackburn loaning Preston to Ayr again?

The levels are light years apart surely they test him at a better level or just release him now as he's never going to cut it in the Championship down south?

The type of player he is, he probably wouldn't benefit from playing against players his own age and would benefit playing against bigger, more experienced center halfs, I am sure he said in an interview last year he benefited playing against the likes of Darren Dodds, guys who have played for years at the top end.

The type of player he is, he probably wouldn't benefit from playing against players his own age and would benefit playing against bigger, more experienced center halfs, I am sure he said in an interview last year he benefited playing against the likes of Darren Dodds, guys who have played for years at the top end.

Surely he should be playing against full time sides down south or up here?

I can't honestly see how another year against part timers is going to improve the kid further or get him closer to the first team at Blackburn.

Similar to Paul McMullan with us there is no benefit for him or Celtic playing another season at a level he's too good for.

Surely he should be playing against full time sides down south or up here?

I can't honestly see how another year against part timers is going to improve the kid further or get him closer to the first team at Blackburn.

Similar to Paul McMullan with us there is no benefit for him or Celtic playing another season at a level he's too good for.

im certain his first full team game was at somerset. He would definetly be in the starting line up for Ayr, something he definetly wouldnt get down south. The boy is on the up and is clearly getting places and is using Ayr as a stepping stone to further his Career. In my opinion, its a good idea. All he has to do is outshine the tack that is the majority of this leagues defenders and get noticed. IMO

From the list of strikers that seem to be avaliable and are realistic signing targets the only ones I would take would be Caldwell and McHugh but would hope either is back up to Jordan Preston.

Archived