The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is sinister sounding. Your first post last week described me and some forum clown who I refuse to acknowledge as an embarrassment. You threatened earlier that someone could be sued in a court of law (for tellimg the truth). Then you come out with the above statement.

Was that a threat to Airdrie10?

There's certainly a few on here rattled

Copper18 showing true colours his.

The world's best informed thickett.

No I'm just honest unlike you who uses foul language when people disagree with you very easy to hide behind username just like your freind airdrie10

That is sinister sounding. Your first post last week described me and some forum clown who I refuse to acknowledge as an embarrassment. You threatened earlier that someone could be sued in a court of law (for tellimg the truth). Then you come out with the above statement.

Was that a threat to Airdrie10?

The new regime does have a history of threatening people with court when they say something they don't like (even when it's the truth).

The new regime does have a history of threatening people with court when they say something they don't like (even when it's the truth).

Would love to see this one backed up

What's this about mate?

I asked Iain King after the Rangers game about whether TW's daughter was the Rangers mascot and explained to him why that would be embarrassing or inappropriate.

I then received a phone call from TW where he essentially berated me for 20 minutes or so. I had also asked him about other things: such as why the shelter had been removed and something else (which I can't remember although I think it was about Iain King). His response was aggressive and condescending where he didn't let me put my own point of view across. I was then given "my lawyers will be in touch" which basically forced me into making a form of grovelling apology (although I'm not quite sure what his lawyers would have done).

Was the whole mascot - gate an over - reaction from myself and others? Probably. Although it still wasn't a nice experience - especially given I thought I made valid points and asked genuine questions that other fans also wanted answered. I was glad he came out and admitted he made a mistake.

From that moment I knew he doesn't take criticism well and that has certainly been borne out.

So that's my personal experience. I wouldn't be surprised if others had a similar experience or if they experienced it in the future. All I'll say is watch what you say and who you say it to because he's always reading this, Twitter etc.

I can see Monday descending in a shouting match with at least five supporter/one member of the panel storming out (or challenging a supporter to a fight outside).

I have my ticket and personally I can't wait. A loss on Saturday will really make the natives restless.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/we-trying-everything-airdrieonians-boss-7488559#sazE9StK8rr1fErr.97

EWB interview with the Advertiser where he lies and says the club offered Liam Watt a full time contract

Do you have a source for the assertion that he didn't offer Watt a full time contract? If he didn't, what did the club offer Watt?

What's plan B if TW thinks 'f*ck this - am off'.

As TWM says, most people on here know each other. However have to say that the growing split and divide, along with arrogance and abuse, is getting way over the top.

Most of us want the best for our club. Some have inside info and contacts , others don't have that privilege and therefore don't know who to trust.

I genuinely hope that AFC01, TWM, and Airdrie10 (as he has stated) all come and get their voices heard and points raised, and argue on the night till the truth comes out, then we can hopefully revert back to being the best wee team in the world.

PS Anyone want to buy an Airdrie monopoly board? On ebay now...

12814210_10153518265262252_5117961805021

Real swich in morality from giving folk a chance to slagging off a 6 or 7 years loyal player.

Well played Frank

We do not yet know what how good or bad TW and IK could be for our club- therefore we are willing to give them a chance.

We do know exactly what JB can give the club after having watched him for 6-7 years. Therefore he has had a chance and we don't care if he stays or goes.

As TWM says, most people on here know each other. However have to say that the growing split and divide, along with arrogance and abuse, is getting way over the top.

Most of us want the best for our club. Some have inside info and contacts

, others dont have that privelage and therefore don't know who to trust.

I genuinely hope that AFC01, TWM, and Airdrie10 (as he has stated) all come and get their voices heard and points raised, and argue on the night till the truth comes out, then we can hopefully revert back to being the best wee team in the world.

Anyone want to buy an Airdrie monopoly board?

Apologies for the red dot, was aiming for the green honest!

Agree with everything in the post, hoping Monday will clear up a lot or at least bring information to light that will help the less informed amongst us make our own minds up about the situation.

I asked Iain King after the Rangers game about whether TW's daughter was the Rangers mascot and explained to him why that would be embarrassing or inappropriate.

I then received a phone call from TW where he essentially berated me for 20 minutes or so. I had also asked him about other things: such as why the shelter had been removed and something else (which I can't remember although I think it was about Iain King). His response was aggressive and condescending where he didn't let me put my own point of view across. I was then given "my lawyers will be in touch" which basically forced me into making a form of grovelling apology (although I'm not quite sure what his lawyers would have done).

Was the whole mascot - gate an over - reaction from myself and others? Probably. Although it still wasn't a nice experience - especially given I thought I made valid points and asked genuine questions that other fans also wanted answered. I was glad he came out and admitted he made a mistake.

From that moment I knew he doesn't take criticism well and that has certainly been borne out.

So that's my personal experience. I wouldn't be surprised if others had a similar experience or if they experienced it in the future. All I'll say is watch what you say and who you say it to because he's always reading this, Twitter etc.

First of all you are bang out of order so what if his daughter was Rangers mascot it wasn't actually Tom himself running out with a Rangers top on. I would have been embarrassed if i had questioned the club around this. Why is it issue, seriously. Touched for Madness i am not surprised at your reply to this post as i no longer believe you want what is best for Airdrie or you wouldn't be so quick to jump on the bandwagon.

This is my very last post on here or anywhere. Kind of sick of all aspects. The above quote really says it all to me. I've lost all desire to be part of this "thing", time for a break from being an

Airdrie fan.

f**k this, I'm off.

Reading this it seems like you like many others over reacted to the whole mascot thing yet you seemed to have went further with it.

Reading this it seems like you like many others over reacted to the whole mascot thing yet you seemed to have went further with it.

I agree, I really don't see why so many people were so utterly offended by that whole affair.

However, if the chairman did act like that on the phone to a fan with his obvious litigious threats, that is unprofessional at best.

In fairness though you lost the plot and went all 'free speech' and 'freedom of information' on King and Wotherspoon.

Archived