The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Talk of a stroke and numbness down his side.

No concrete details as yet, but still in hospital and was transferred to Edinburgh.

Club are expected to put a press release tonight.

Ah okay, all the best and hope he's alright!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club press release confirms EWB had stroke and following transfer to Edinburgh is now in a stable condition.

Best wishes to him and his family.

Saw that on Twitter. Horrible, scary news and it's a credit to the players that they didn't let it affect them in the second half.

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Hope EWB recovers. Feeling a bit uneasy about the tone of discussion on here too. The criticism of EWB from folk who i doubt have ever managed a football club has been painful to read. Do folk ever stop and think about the appropriateness of rubbishing anyone who has been in a job for weeks?

Also am I alone in wondering if Liam Watt's decision to leave was influenced by being booed for playing badly and making a few bad passes. Did he just think he'd had enough and maybe his qualities would be better appreciated elsewhere?

I expect this too will be rubbished by folk who feel that fans with laptops can say whatever they want, mainly with the benefit for anonymity, and they are always right and that young men like Watt or older people like Black should accept this bile as being OK in football?

http://airdriefc.com/news/2016/03/update

Hope for a speedy recovery.

The chairman seems willing to give him the time and space he'll need to get back on his feet.

He has my best wishes.

Don't think we'll see him in the dugout again until next season if at all depending on how serious it was. Let's all get behind him by getting behind the caretaker manager and the team from now until the end of the season.

Don't think we'll see him in the dugout again until next season if at all depending on how serious it was. Let's all get behind him by getting behind the caretaker manager and the team from now until the end of the season.

he might be back in dugout in near future just don't know at the moment and Donald did fine job on Saturday and the way the performed showed their 100 per cent behind Eddie as am I.

Hope EWB recovers. Feeling a bit uneasy about the tone of discussion on here too. The criticism of EWB from folk who i doubt have ever managed a football club has been painful to read. Do folk ever stop and think about the appropriateness of rubbishing anyone who has been in a job for weeks?

Also am I alone in wondering if Liam Watt's decision to leave was influenced by being booed for playing badly and making a few bad passes. Did he just think he'd had enough and maybe his qualities would be better appreciated elsewhere?

I expect this too will be rubbished by folk who feel that fans with laptops can say whatever they want, mainly with the benefit for anonymity, and they are always right and that young men like Watt or older people like Black should accept this bile as being OK in football?

All either of them got was criticism of their footballing abilities or choices.

Pressure, scrutiny and criticism are standard in football, always have been and always will be. The day fans stop demonstrating any emotion is the day football dies as nobody will care enough.

All either of them got was criticism of their footballing abilities or choices.

Pressure, scrutiny and criticism are standard in football, always have been and always will be. The day fans stop demonstrating any emotion is the day football dies as nobody will care enough.

I think the point of the post was some fans have been really hard on Eddie from day 1 rather give the guy a chance. As for Liam watt situation fed up with it we have Jordan now the boy is a talent.

Archived