Dundee v Inverness

I enjoyed Celtic Park last week as my restricted view meant I couldn't see Willie Dyer, unfortunately my perfect view today was like him...wide open. How Hartley never signed a left back is beyond me

In fairness come the start of the season most Dees were happy with him as a solid yet unspectacular option after his strong end to the last campaign.

He is brutal though and I actually felt A bit sorry for him today. Must be fucking horrible being that far out of your depth week in, week out in front of thousands of people. I'm glad Hartley never subbied him as I think some may have booed him.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness come the start of the season most Dees were happy with him as a solid yet unspectacular option after his strong end to the last campaign.

He is brutal though and I actually felt A bit sorry for him today. Must be fucking horrible being that far out of your depth week in, week out in front of thousands of people. I'm glad Hartley never subbied him as I think some may have booed him.

I though he was brilliant in the last Derby, until his booking, but one game does not a season maketh. He's been average at best, and as stated before it's a step up too far.

Sorry Wully, it's a no from me.

At the start of the season I seem to remember quite a few Dee's saying Dyer was better than Shinnie...

Why don't we just vote on player abilities and plug them into an excel document? It would be a lot easier than actually playing matches.

btw Willie Dyer > Graeme Shinnie

Taken from the thread from the first game between the sides this season.

Taken from the thread from the first game between the sides this season.

Nothing like a post taken out of context eh? I'm sure Harry will be delighted his pish ripping post is now representative of "a number of dees"

Give Harry his due though, 6 months or so on and you are clearly still seething about it.

A most enjoyable away day, even the stewards were okay. Did enough to deserve the win and make history. View from that stand is shite tho.

Bookmarked.

He's set the bar quite high for Hartley to pass! 3rd place and a Scottish Cup final... Fair play if Hartley does better that!

We really need to get rid of this narrow formation - teams know that they just need to park 3 players in front of us and we don't have a clue what to do. We need width - I think that has to be a priority now in the close season.

Also at times it was very ponderous - i like Thomson and McGowan but at times they slowed it down far too much - we are not breaking out quickly enough so that by the timne we do get to the final third the opposition are back with their 2 banks of 4.

Also at times it was very ponderous - i like Thomson and McGowan but at times they slowed it down far too much

McGowan was excellent and deservedly MOM, getting forward at every opportunity. Thomson was, as normal, lackadaisical. How someone with his attitude is captain is beyond me. I can only hope he decides to retire at the end of this season because he is clearly not up to it, probably because of the effect of various injuries over the years, but not up to it none the less.

I also don't think they fit in the same team together. They are naturally sitting midfielders but to play both takes away much needed width from the team.

McGowan was excellent and deservedly MOM, getting forward at every opportunity. Thomson was, as normal, lackadaisical. How someone with his attitude is captain is beyond me. I can only hope he decides to retire at the end of this season because he is clearly not up to it, probably because of the effect of various injuries over the years, but not up to it none the less.

I also don't think they fit in the same team together. They are naturally sitting midfielders but to play both takes away much needed width from the team.

What an absolute load of shite. Thomson is a class act and if it wasn't for injuries, he'd be nowhere near this Dundee team.

Archived