Half time raffle

goodold luthgy

I was at the game at Armadale yesterday, and after paying to get in, the guys selling the tickets for the half time draw were jokingly saying, come on guys and buy some raffle tickets, because we need the money, we are skint. I bought £3 worth and when half time came, I eagerly waited on the lucky numbers to be announced, However, after the teams came out for the second half, there was no winning numbers announced.

When one of their committee members came round I asked him about the draw, he said he didn`t know, but he would find out for me. I am still waiting for his reply. The same thing happened at Musselburgh a couple of seasons ago, so I wont be buying anymore raffle tickets when I go supporting my team away from home, even if they had announced a "bogus" winner, I wouldn`t have felt so bad. So come on guys, lets start playing fair and make the half time draw legal and stop conning the paying public, because that will be the last time I buy a ticket when I am at away games. Is there anymore rogue traders out there ?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a Dale supporter and my friends and I saw what happened yesterday,the half time raffle is ..normally announced over the loudspeaker but there was a problem with the system yesterday. A committee member did come in to the enclosure with a board displaying the numbers but when the winning numbers were claimed he stopped going round the full ground. He should have walked around the whole ground on the touchline then everyone would have seen the winning numbers. I have spoken to official of the club and have been assured that this will not happen again.i am sorry you had this experience and can assure you that this is not the normal practice at the Dale. I always buy tickets at away games and hope I can buy them at Linlithgow next season (if we escape relegation)

I was at the game at Armadale yesterday, and after paying to get in, the guys selling the tickets for the half time draw were jokingly saying, come on guys and buy some raffle tickets, because we need the money, we are skint. I bought £3 worth and when half time came, I eagerly waited on the lucky numbers to be announced, However, after the teams came out for the second half, there was no winning numbers announced.

When one of their committee members came round I asked him about the draw, he said he didn`t know, but he would find out for me. I am still waiting for his reply. The same thing happened at Musselburgh a couple of seasons ago, so I wont be buying anymore raffle tickets when I go supporting my team away from home, even if they had announced a "bogus" winner, I wouldn`t have felt so bad. So come on guys, lets start playing fair and make the half time draw legal and stop conning the paying public, because that will be the last time I buy a ticket when I am at away games. Is there anymore rogue traders out there ?

It looks like you've fallen prey to a flim flam routine known as the Kansas City Shuffle,gl.Contact the Judge in the Sunday Mail who successfully recovered £2.50 for a North Lanarkshire punter who'd been scammed in a similar fashion.

ETA Soz guys,just read the post from Vollyman. :(

I seen an old fella at the toilet side of the shed and he had winning raffle tickets displayed on a board but as the guy said he never got along to other side with it.

the old guy did come out before the second half started,bet he was glad the winning tickets were claimed early.doubt he could have managed a full circuit :lol:

I was there as a neutral and happened to wander round to the enclosure at half time. There was an Armadale helper with those numbers on a board (unfortunately not one of my fiver's worth!), but presumably with hindsight as the PA was down he should have done the rounds as suggested earlier. There were a few Rose supporters in the vicinity, who I'm sure will confirm this was a cock up not a conspiracy! Incidentally I saw the same guy (maybe 70?) taking the nets down afterwards, so perhaps he was pacing himself! Incidentally, having now seen young Mr Mcadam's highlights, I'd have to say the late indirect free kick didn't look incorrect (without getting into the Armadale player's head to verify). Very disappointing way to lose 2 points towards avoiding play-off / relegation, but that's football.

Same scenario at Beith yesterday. The guy with the board handed it back into the clubhouse and joined the queue for the pie counter even after a Beith supporter in front of me told him that it was unfair on all those on the far side of Bellsdale who were mostly Buffs fans and Neutrals although there were also some old stalwart Beith men who left early disgusted by their team's lack of quality. I told the guy that I had bought two strips of Draw tickets and my brother who was still across on the visitor's side had some as well and if he didn't continue round with the board I would make an official complaint and I would likely never buy draw tickets at an away ground again. He just shrugged it off saying there was no point as the draw had been won already. Poor show Beith, I hope you get another volunteer to do the task properly. An official apology would also be in order.

We bought tickets last year at Armadle and we never found out who the winners were

Don't know why the clubs don't get a young fan to walk round the park & slip him a couple of quid for doing it . Only saying this as my son does the job for us & makes sure everyone in the park sees it

LADESIDE

That's how they do it at Blantyre Vics and Larky.

Seriously??,start a thread on I didnt hear the raffle numbers at Armadale?.

Was thinking the same thing :lol: .

Edit we get a lad to go round with our board , he has been doing it for years , when we moved out of adamslie i took the wooden board painted with rob roy supporters club on it that he used to display the numbers on as a souvenir .Will treasure it so a will :P .

Almost speechless with this. I was gonna pass on the Evening News phone number to you guys but you already have them on speed dial

To claim any club is 'conning the public' and is a 'rogue trader' is a wee bit strong considering the vast majority of clubs have hardly enough money to pay the refs.

As for your point about Musselburgh (stoking the fire before their visit!)

A few seasons ago your club gripped about the PA system not working or that it wasnt loud enough

Last week for our Cup match I brought in a speaker system that would have woke up the dead in Linlithgow

But thats not good enough as the prizes weren't big enough. (This will also be addressed as the next time you visit as the top prize is rumored to be a night out with Miss Tranent)

Whilst I understand and have said before many times that your club is a shining example of how a match day should be run and fair play to you for that, not every club has the man power to match your club.

If you have a set prize at the start - you can end up making a loss

If you tell folk the prize depends on the gate then they don't buy a ticket.

Our club raffle is excellently run and listens to the feedback from all visiting clubs and from my memory only 2 complaints have been made in the last 20 odd years that i aware of. Both from the same club

Hopefully your next visit is a happy one for those who buy a ticket

Almost speechless with this. I was gonna pass on the Evening News phone number to you guys but you already have them on speed dial

To claim any club is 'conning the public' and is a 'rogue trader' is a wee bit strong considering the vast majority of clubs have hardly enough money to pay the refs.

As for your point about Musselburgh (stoking the fire before their visit!)

A few seasons ago your club gripped about the PA system not working or that it wasnt loud enough

Last week for our Cup match I brought in a speaker system that would have woke up the dead in Linlithgow

But thats not good enough as the prizes weren't big enough. (This will also be addressed as the next time you visit as the top prize is rumored to be a night out with Miss Tranent)

Whilst I understand and have said before many times that your club is a shining example of how a match day should be run and fair play to you for that, not every club has the man power to match your club.

If you have a set prize at the start - you can end up making a loss

If you tell folk the prize depends on the gate then they don't buy a ticket.

Our club raffle is excellently run and listens to the feedback from all visiting clubs and from my memory only 2 complaints have been made in the last 20 odd years that i aware of. Both from the same club

Hopefully your next visit is a happy one for those who buy a ticket

Heard yous didn t even put a cup off tea on for the rose in the 2nd leg off the scottish

Buying or not is up to the individuals own choice.

You don't buy a raffle at games to get rich. I certainly don't judge others raffle by our own - because I think we pay out far to much, at the recent Bonnyrigg home match the crowd was poor yet we still paid out £50.

Was thinking the same thing :lol: .

Edit we get a lad to go round with our board , he has been doing it for years , when we moved out of adamslie i took the wooden board painted with rob roy supporters club on it that he used to display the numbers on as a souvenir .Will treasure it so a will :P .

So is he grown up now,RRG? :huh:

220px-The_Krankies%2C_Stanah.jpg

I appreciate the comedic horror in this thread, but it is a big problem. If you have a raffle you must pay out the prize. I have been at quite a few games where I have not been made aware of the draw being made. I reckon there is many a supporter won't buy raffle tickets because they have been fleeced at certain grounds. I know the prize is only a few pounds, but it is, and should be, part of the half time ritual. Rest assured, if you buy a ticket at Glencairn and win, you will receive your prize.

Dinny buy a ticket ..or even better just go ti hame games .greetin aboot three pound .greetin aboot camelon gonna rob YEEZ o half Yir gate ..howz aboot greetin aboot the players that take a small fortune Oot Yir club and canny be bothered gettin a sweat on ..GIT A GRIP

Archived