Half time raffle

goodold luthgy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got a complaint from FOUR supporters club members that they were charged £3 last year to attend league match .they were probably wrong ,since they are auld and Fi Armadale ( oops forgot one was an ex university lecturer) rather than drag the good name off a club through the mire that is pie and bovril we had a polite word with our friends on the rose committee. YI CAN BUY A LOT OFF THINGS ..BUT YI CANNY BUY CLASS ..

£2 admission and £1 for entry to the stand. So the reality is they paid the same price as everyone else who paid the concession rate to watch the game. But their choice if they wish to pay a further quid to sit in the stand.

I'd just like to point out that our raffle man did his circuit of the pitch tonight and, whilst returning to the pavilion area across the pitch where the subs were doing their shooty in stuff, managed to fire a left foot screamer into the top corner without breaking stride or lowering his raffle board at any point. That's quality raffle boarding!!

Same scenario at Beith yesterday. The guy with the board handed it back into the clubhouse and joined the queue for the pie counter even after a Beith supporter in front of me told him that it was unfair on all those on the far side of Bellsdale who were mostly Buffs fans and Neutrals although there were also some old stalwart Beith men who left early disgusted by their team's lack of quality. I told the guy that I had bought two strips of Draw tickets and my brother who was still across on the visitor's side had some as well and if he didn't continue round with the board I would make an official complaint and I would likely never buy draw tickets at an away ground again. He just shrugged it off saying there was no point as the draw had been won already. Poor show Beith, I hope you get another volunteer to do the task properly. An official apology would also be in order.

How did i know you would make an appearance with your faux-rage on something like this?

Well done however for maintaining your kiddy on rage though, must take some amount of effort...

I'd just like to point out that our raffle man did his circuit of the pitch tonight and, whilst returning to the pavilion area across the pitch where the subs were doing their shooty in stuff, managed to fire a left foot screamer into the top corner without breaking stride or lowering his raffle board at any point. That's quality raffle boarding!!

What were the numbers please HTG ?

I also like your analysis of the substitutes half time warmup.

Coaching potential of the highest calibre.

Finally I would have more praise for the raffle man if he had used his weaker right tab.

Could detect no indication of the result of the half-time draw at Cumbernauld tonight. :(

At Cumbernauld the guy stops once he has found the winners - it annoys me when I go but he'll do the enclosure only if no one in the bar has won.

At Glencairn the PA announces the half time draw number, and if it's not claimed inside five minutes it is announced again. The only time we were unable to do that was in our Scottish Junior cup semi final v Auchinleck when the PA system crashed due to the pressure on the switch box from all the electrics being used in the kitchen next door. We had to walk round shouting out the number to the crowd as we had no board. Of all the games for the PA to fail it had to be the one where we had the attendance record for the stadium ! :unsure:

What were the numbers please HTG ?

I also like your analysis of the substitutes half time warmup.

Coaching potential of the highest calibre.

Finally I would have more praise for the raffle man if he had used his weaker right tab.

1. Not mine is all I know.

2. We usually have a more structured approach where one of the coaches stays out but it will never catch on.

3. His other foot is for halfing opponents - it's devoid of technical capability and at 50 I doubt he'll change tack now.

What is the most anybody has won in the half time draw.

I won £90 at a Junior ground.

Okay Larky, how did yi manage that ? Because the most you can win at linlithgow is £70, and that's only if you win all the prizes. 1st and 2nd-£20. 3,4 and 5. £10. I actually thought that Armadale had a car as the first prize last week, until I heard it was a supporters car that was allowed in. ????

Okay Larky, how did yi manage that ? Because the most you can win at linlithgow is £70, and that's only if you win all the prizes. 1st and 2nd-£20. 3,4 and 5. £10. I actually thought that Armadale had a car as the first prize last week, until I heard it was a supporters car that was allowed in.

would you argue with hoggy's maw :)

Okay Larky, how did yi manage that ? Because the most you can win at linlithgow is £70, and that's only if you win all the prizes. 1st and 2nd-£20. 3,4 and 5. £10. I actually thought that Armadale had a car as the first prize last week, until I heard it was a supporters car that was allowed in. ????

Some clubs pay one large prize. We've recently paid out 6 × £20 prizes so on a single prize basis we'd regularly pay £70 - £100.

At Glencairn the PA announces the half time draw number, and if it's not claimed inside five minutes it is announced again. The only time we were unable to do that was in our Scottish Junior cup semi final v Auchinleck when the PA system crashed due to the pressure on the switch box from all the electrics being used in the kitchen next door. We had to walk round shouting out the number to the crowd as we had no board. Of all the games for the PA to fail it had to be the one where we had the attendance record for the stadium ! :unsure:

Don't feel bad,glens.After all,who could have foreseen the chaos that would result when Dimps uttered the unfortunate phrase,'five pies and a sausage roll please,hen' :huh:

would you argue with hoggy's maw :)[/quote

No chance, I was thinking they had won first prize in the half time draw. They were very lucky not to get a big dent on the roof, the ball came down from a height and just missed their car. Try telling that to the insurance company. ????

Archived