Aberdeen v Celtic - 10/11/15

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye he did make 2 good double saves and tipping over Johansens arrogant wee lob was good too. He is infinitely better with the ball at his feet than Clangers. But some of his clangers would put the clangiest clanger from Mr J.Clangfield to shame.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean about him doing a Clangfield at times. :lol: Has been Aberdeen's most undoing thing at times with the keepers they have had over the years. Keepers making howlers in big important games but hopefully McInnes will address that problem with a big name signing in goals for next season with Brown as a decent back up.

He wasn't at the pub anyway. Holed up in a darkened room somewhere trawling Celtic threads looking for someone to annoy. Sad loser that he is.

A bit fucking hypocritical at times by Standfree03 harassing folk about if they are going to the game when he doesn't actually go to any games himself.

I reckon that anyone outside Celtic will struggle to win the league, simply because of the way that officials referee their matches. Yesterday, Thompson basically let Celtic players do what they wanted with no penalty. In the first fifteen minutes Griffths (twice) and Armstrong were caught offside and on all three occasions they kicked the ball away petulantly. Nothing from the referee. Still in the first half, Fisher takes out McGinn, who would have been clear, on the half way line. No booking. Scott Brown celebrates in front of the Merkland Stand, then walks slowly down the touchline of the South Stand goading the fans. Any player from any other team does that and they're booked, but not the virtually untouchable Scotland captain. Robson commits the first possible bookable foul for Aberdeen and gets booked. Jonny Hayes gets the ball in a great tackle and gets booked, with Scott Brown coming in and pushing Hayes in the chest and sticking his finger in his face. Hayes gets booked, the Scotland captain gets nothing. Free kicks fro Celtic being allowed to be taken yards away from the offence, but their opponents being pulled back when they try it. That is what totally irks fans of all the other clubs, all the small things that Celtic get away with week after week, season after season. They may just be small things, but it's just constant and so irritating. The worst of it his season is that one decision, ONE DECISION, goes against Celtic in the whole season, and all hell breaks loose. This is a team that has gone through 36 league games and has, apparently, not committed a single foul in their own penalty box. Just beggars belief.

I also rate Griffiths highly, but that squad is crying out for a big Sutton type striker.

We all thought Guidetti was the answer, but it looks like he'll not get much game time to turn his poor form around.

It should be a priority now, and we might need to take our chances with a few in order to uncover hidden talent. The vast sums of money involved in the CL will be high on Lawwell's agenda, and we'll get nowhere near it without scoring goals.

How many Celtic fans do you reckon would take Hooper back?

Aye, I agree with you on that regarding a Sutton type of player, as good as Griffiths has been, I reckon he would be even better playing off of someone like that.

What a difference a few months makes eh? I am totally on board regarding our transfer policy of signing for small and selling for big, but there was the odd time I felt that maybe it would be in our best interest to push the boat out a little regarding Guidetti, but he's been pretty non-existent since about January.

Agreed, we really need another goalscorer if they really want to be considered for making the group stages, it's either hope we find a hidden gem so to speak along the lines of Hooper or go for a more established striker. Problem being, known strikers cost more and demand more.

I reckon that anyone outside Celtic will struggle to win the league, simply because of the way that officials referee their matches. Yesterday, Thompson basically let Celtic players do what they wanted with no penalty. In the first fifteen minutes Griffths (twice) and Armstrong were caught offside and on all three occasions they kicked the ball away petulantly. Nothing from the referee. Still in the first half, Fisher takes out McGinn, who would have been clear, on the half way line. No booking. Scott Brown celebrates in front of the Merkland Stand, then walks slowly down the touchline of the South Stand goading the fans. Any player from any other team does that and they're booked, but not the virtually untouchable Scotland captain. Robson commits the first possible bookable foul for Aberdeen and gets booked. Jonny Hayes gets the ball in a great tackle and gets booked, with Scott Brown coming in and pushing Hayes in the chest and sticking his finger in his face. Hayes gets booked, the Scotland captain gets nothing. Free kicks fro Celtic being allowed to be taken yards away from the offence, but their opponents being pulled back when they try it. That is what totally irks fans of all the other clubs, all the small things that Celtic get away with week after week, season after season. They may just be small things, but it's just constant and so irritating. The worst of it his season is that one decision, ONE DECISION, goes against Celtic in the whole season, and all hell breaks loose. This is a team that has gone through 36 league games and has, apparently, not committed a single foul in their own penalty box. Just beggars belief.

I thought it was only us who had these mental paranoid theories.

I assume you are referring to when Celtic scored a perfectly good goal against Dundee United which was incorrectly ruled offside? ;)

I've got a season ticket you moron :lol:

You and Urban Gorilla have become the new village idiot tag-team around here.

Aye sure you have. Have you thought about renewing it for the first time in years.

Me and UG ?, new village idiot tag team ?, I've only replied to one of his posts you demented loony. :1eye

Agreed, we really need another goalscorer if they really want to be considered for making the group stages, it's either hope we find a hidden gem so to speak along the lines of Hooper or go for a more established striker. Problem being, known strikers cost more and demand more.

Be good if Celtic could manage to produce a top goal scorer through the youth system.

I assume you are referring to when Celtic scored a perfectly good goal against Dundee United which was incorrectly ruled offside? ;)

Aye ok, 2 decisions then :lol:

Be good if Celtic could manage to produce a top goal scorer through the youth system.

Would be good if Celtic could bring anyone through their youth system.

Most have to f**k off elsewhere to get a game (McGinn, McGeoch, Watt, etc) and the ones in the team right now are either unproven (McGregor, Henderson) or rubbish (Forrest).

As the biggest team in the country you'd think they'd have a better youth setup than that. Other clubs put yous to shame!!

Would be the perfect scenario, but it's doubtful unfortunately. Out of all the players who have came through the Youth Acc, how many of them can we honestly consider a 'top' player. Calvin Miller is looking a bit of a player, just got to see how he pans out.

Aye ok, 2 decisions then :lol:

Exactly, if it wasn't for Masonic referees we'd be 15 points clear instead of 14. :P

Most have to f**k off elsewhere to get a game (McGinn, McGeoch, Watt, etc) and the ones in the team right now are either unproven (McGregor, Henderson) or rubbish (Forrest).

As the biggest team in the country you'd think they'd have a better youth setup than that. Other clubs put yous to shame!!

McGinn? McGeouch was on the verge of breaking through until his injuries. Watt was down to his attitude.

The problem we have is with the expectations of the fans, very few youngsters seem to get their chance.

Forrest has had injury problems, but is hardly rubbish. I expect great things from him next season if he can stay fit. McGregor wont make it, but Henderson will I think.

I agree that we should produce more of our own players though, our academy yield has been disappointing. Tbf it is much harder to break into Celtic's first team. We have produced plenty of players good enough for the rest of the Premiership.

Yeah Celtic's lack of producing young players to fill the first team is astonishing at times with the financial clout they have.

Would be the perfect scenario, but it's doubtful unfortunately. Out of all the players who have came through the Youth Acc, how many of them can we honestly consider a 'top' player. Calvin Miller is looking a bit of a player, just got to see how he pans out.

Young players show promise from the youth set up only to fail in the big team for some reason or another. But hopefully Ronny has the vision to spot a talent and develop them into far better players.

So are you saying that the things that I pointed out didn't happen yesterday? As someone else has said, I got it wrong, it was two decisions.

Archived