Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

2 hours ago, happysouth said:

Lots of questions answered this week.

I dunno. I enjoyed it as much as usual but it all felt a little too subtle, especially when compared with last week's revelation. That said ...

Spoiler

... the bit with the Man in Black recognizing the girl who introduced "young" William to the park was probably the biggest hat tip to the dual time line / William / Man in Black deal.

On 11/21/2016 at 12:08, happysouth said:

Lots of questions answered this week.

Sorry, I must be too thick.  I think more stuff was added that confused me.

My timeline with Maeve is now completely all over the place, having seen her stab Ed Harris in her role as a mother, not a brothel madam.  Have we not seen her and Will in the brothel together, and the theory is that Ed Harris is an aged Will, yet she has memories of her mother role?  They obviously showed with Sylvester that they can cauterise slashes fairly easily, so I'm getting that they probably did the same for Ed, which is why he's treated as a VIP, and kinda gets to visit the park as often as he wants and do  what he likes, that would be his compensation deal, but I'm still having a 'mare.

Can someone please use one-syllable words to help me out?

Edited by Boghead ranter

Sorry, I must be too thick.  I think more stuff was added that confused me.

My timeline with Maeve is now completely all over the place, having seen her stab Ed Harris in her role as a mother, not a brothel madam.  Have we not seen her and Will in the brothel together, and the theory is that Ed Harris is an aged Will, yet she has memories of her mother role?  They obviously showed with Sylvester that they can cauterise slashes fairly easily, so I'm getting that they probably did the same for Ed, which is why he's treated as a VIP, and kinda gets to visit the park as often as he wants and do  what he likes, that would be his compensation deal, but I'm still having a 'mare.

Can someone please use one-syllable words to help me out?

35 years ago park built. Arnold 'dies'

30 years ago will goes to park with logan.

Just over a year ago. Will (now the man in black) loses his wife. He goes to the park and kills maeve and her daughter. Maeve refuses to die.

Ford takes away maeves pain away by deleting her memory and reassigning her to the brothel.

2 hours ago, happysouth said:

35 years ago park built. Arnold 'dies'

30 years ago will goes to park with logan.

Just over a year ago. Will (now the man in black) loses his wife. He goes to the park and kills maeve and her daughter. Maeve refuses to die.

Ford takes away maeves pain away by deleting her memory and reassigning her to the brothel.

Excellent, thank you.  So am I just misremembering Maeve and Will (young version) in the brothel? Guess I must be.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Thought so, of everyone I have spoken to about that wee bit, we all thought it might be her but none of us had clocked her face.

Guess I'm being a bit obvious now in my theory that Arnold and Ford are competing against eachother for control of Bernards mind

I'm pretty sure it was her, but I wasn't sure of the logistics of Bernard being there -- I thought they were geographically quite far apart. I haven't got round to rewatching that episode to check.

[ Spoiler ] Delores [ /spoiler ]

Is clungetastic.

Without the spaces in the square brackets is how you do spoilers on the app.

They don't actually show to other app users though, but I'm sure that'll be fixed one day.

This is what's confusing me I think. I have done what you suggest but it doesn't look like it has worked on my phone. Are you saying that other people will see this as spoiler tags even though I don't?

Two episodes in, mediocre as f**k by HBO standards so far. Telling rather than showing the story, the scenes outside of Westworld are too often canned as f**k. Blindingly obvious that this visitor dressed in black isn't actually a baddie, so no tension there. Shite acting by the honcho smoking woman and the speccy black dude.

Does it improve?

Edited by banana