Queen's Park -vs- Stenhousemuir - That's a Spicy Meatball!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alessandro

With supporters like you your players can look forward to fun times as they race to the bottom next season. Do you even understand what the word rancid means?

Little respect for Stenhousemuir FC after what I've seen this week. QP's widely acclaimed youth system teaches it's young players to stand on their feet and play the ball. Stenny make a lot local of their "community" status but allow several first-team players to demonstrate to the young hopefuls that the path to victory is cheating, diving and rolling about the ground. I'm sure aa lot of parents would question whether they want their son to be part of a club like that. Maybe potential sponsors might take that view too, eh?

Shame!

:lol::lol::lol:

Rooney came from Dundee United.

Yes it was but in the context of our previous season where we sat last in the table every single week it was a great turnaround. And we did it without SPL loanees.

Dundee Utd are SPL last time I looked. Top 6 in fact.

Dry your eyes.

Also seen some QP fans with a "Viva Shaun Rooney" banner at the start of the game. Don't get the buzz, I thought he was awful when he came on.

Don't think he's necessarily been fully fit in recent weeks. Played his best at right back earlier in the season.

With supporters like you your players can look forward to fun times as they race to the bottom next season. Do you even understand what the word rancid means?

Little respect for Stenhousemuir FC after what I've seen this week. QP's widely acclaimed youth system teaches it's young players to stand on their feet and play the ball. Stenny make a lot local of their "community" status but allow several first-team players to demonstrate to the young hopefuls that the path to victory is cheating, diving and rolling about the ground. I'm sure aa lot of parents would question whether they want their son to be part of a club like that. Maybe potential sponsors might take that view too, eh?

Shame!

Jesus! That post is tragic. hahahahahahahahaha

Dundee Utd are SPL last time I looked. Top 6 in fact.

Dry your eyes.

Yes United are in the Premiership, however Rooney is an 18 year player that was released from United's u'17 Development team 2 years ago when he was a 16 year old.

He has raw talent and is still learning his football against 'seasoned' pro's, but he's been unfortunately on the end of a large number of bruising challenges this season, that sometimes put him out injured for some weeks. Most notably Berwick Rangers (6/7 weeks) and Arbroath (3 weeks).

The majority of his bookings have been for dissent, however I personally like the fact that sometimes a tackle and booking has to be taken (like McMullan's yesterday), but yesterday's was the handbags after he was blatantly kicked at in retaliation for a tackle he made and was punished for via the ref awarding a free kick (albeit it was a little strong).

This is really remarkable stuff from the normally reliable QPSAFalkirkFirm but I too would be furious if a season of hard work and graft was finished by a bunch of jobbers like this Stenhousemuir side.

I thought we looked comfortable enough in the first half but it was nervous stuff after the interval. We didn't get to grips with Tony Quinn and struggled to deal with the first and second balls - I reckon we wouldn't have looked as anxious if Ross McMillan and Kieran Millar were available - and we had Greg Fleming to thank for pulling off two remarkable saves.

I'm not sure how anyone can call Shaun Rooney a thug, his run-in with Josh Watt was pantomime stuff.

Anyway, I'm absolutely delighted to see the back of the season. It's been a dreadful year and I would never have imagined the club would have been in this position, both on and off the park, 12 months ago.

At least we know the new season's going to be a shiter; this year came right out of the blue. I'm happy Bomber Ferguson is in charge - he comes across like a tremendous guy - and if he can keep ahold of Alan Lithgow, Ross Meechan and Greg Fleming alongside boys we've already got under contract and bring in some players capable of doing us a decent turn it might not be as traumatic and we think.

Congratulations Stenhousemuir FC

Does not matter what anyone says about the game or how it was won and lost, the simple reality is that the team that scores the most goals wins.

In this case well done to Stennie irrespective what anyone thinks of their teams or each individuals' performances.

From my individual perspective Queen's just weren't good enough at the end of a long hard season, this maybe partly down to depth of the squad.

Lessen to be learnt is that you've got to try and keep the squad together and rotate regularly when players tire or go off form. At the end of this season the players were running on fumes.

Over the course of the season either down to management decisions or the players themselves leaving it left the playing squad thin

not saying any of them would have started the playoff games, however below are those missing from the 24 man squad at the start of the season also missing was season long injured James Baty (Midfield).

BJ Coll (Left Back)

Ross Gallagher (Left Back)

Darren Miller (Midfield)

Kevin Fotheringham (Forward)

Thomas Collins (Forward)

also

David McWilliams (Centre Back) on loan at Clydebank FC

Lee Davidson (Forward) on loan at Rob Roy FC

Next season will probably be far better as you won't be paying Scott Booth £35k a year.

Just to be clear though, Fleming had a terrific game on Saturday. He literally kept Stenny in the league. To suggest he's the best keeper in the division though, when you have Gaston, Douglas and Scully as competition, is ridiculous.

Fair play to Stenny for staying up. They can be as arsey as they want about Queen's not beating a "rancid" Warriors side if that makes them feel good. More importantly, from our perspective, if league reconstruction had been just a season earlier we'd have been playing our football against Broomhill Sports Club and East Kilbride this season, and I have absolutely no doubt about that. To build a team out of a mixture of new players and the wreckage of the worst Queen's team in living memory and get to the playoffs was a remarkable achievement. As always, it'll be a challenge to keep hold of our better players. Hopefully we can be up at the right end of the league again next season.

Archived