Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

She sounded fine to me and I usually have a hell of a time trying to understand folk from around weegieland.

It's a sad state of affairs when Scots turn on Scots because they don't talk in a 1950s style RP.

In this case it's just Daily Mail types like Thundercats scrambling for any kind of relevance after being totally rattled by a 20 year old delivering a speech that went round the world in minutes.

As for that fuckin daft history woman - she'll be gnawing on a cricket stump to try and stifle her rage. What a fuckin arsehole she's made of herself.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else getting that Iain Martin clutching at more straws than a wanking scarecrow "The big problem with Mhairi blacks maiden speech" article shared relentlessly by Torys etc on social media?

http://www.thenational.scot/comment/lesley-riddoch-bbc-scotlands-coverage-of-mhairi-blacks-speech-was-embarrassing.5236

"Lesley Riddoch: BBC Scotlands coverage of Mhairi Black's speech was embarrassing"

Find it hard to attack the BBC right now as they are about to get absolutely filleted by the government. Something that i fear will take generations to rectify, if ever and just allows foxnews light over on sky to set the agenda.

But they're political coverage in Scotland is a disgrace.

Find it hard to attack the BBC right now...

I don't. As an institution, it needs to die. I havent paid a license fee or watched it live for years, I've never watched their Newsnicht replacement, and I read about their institutionally corrupt lies with increasing disgust.

Interesting that the recent BBC report into Scotland said EXACTLY what we on the Yes side said about the BBC. At the time, we were vilified as Nick Robinson and the Quisling Marr peddled their lies, as James Naughtie was sent up to tell us Scotch what was what, and as their coverage became nothing short of farcial.

Their Scottish arm needs to wither away and die. They have long since passed the point of no return.

Yes. I attended the BBC protests. And when Im in cravenland, I dedicate my twitter time to harrassing the Unionist media.

I don't. As an institution, it needs to die. I havent paid a license fee or watched it live for years, I've never watched their Newsnicht replacement, and I read about their institutionally corrupt lies with increasing disgust.

Interesting that the recent BBC report into Scotland said EXACTLY what we on the Yes side said about the BBC. At the time, we were vilified as Nick Robinson and the Quisling Marr peddled their lies, as James Naughtie was sent up to tell us Scotch what was what, and as their coverage became nothing short of farcial.

Their Scottish arm needs to wither away and die. They have long since passed the point of no return.

Yes. I attended the BBC protests. And when Im in cravenland, I dedicate my twitter time to harrassing the Unionist media.

You have a wonderful way with words Suprat.

Lacks Supras' distinctive poster baiting. That's definitely the old XBL honest yet naïve extremism on any given subject.

Someone needs to provide the bite in comparison to the middle of the road uncle tam unionist sympathising lackies that seem to make up this forum.

Someone needs to provide the bite in comparison to the middle of the road uncle tam unionist sympathising lackies that seem to make up this forum.

You ol' swivel eye'd loonie.

Good to have you back.

Supras would have called me a BBC apologist by now.

I think this new fella, xbl is right on a number of things but gelding the BBC, as partisan and as hypocritical as they are, would be a massively regressive step.

I think there is a process we are all following, and everyone is at different stages.

1. Not really interested in Scotch politics. Trust the BBC. Big events aren't "News" till confirmed on the BBC.

2. Taking an interest in politics watch, read, and listen to BBC Scotland more.

3. Noticing that the coverage isnt always very fair, but then, nobody is perfect, right?

4. Coverage is definitely skewed, Reporting Scotland is bullshit. Reading newsnet, but Wings is too far.

5. Watching the BBC to laugh at it, but actually getting your news from alternate sources.

6. Starting to read Wings now. No longer watching the BBC much. Spending more and more time slagging the BBC off.

7. Boycotting the BBC.

Everyone I know is on that progression somewhere. Its all about the journey. I was an early adopter. I was on step 7 when the main Unionists on here were still loyal to the good old BBC. As for now, I'd even be tempted to vote Lib Dem if they promised to burn Pacific Quay to the ground with the BBC news team locked inside. Im not sure what step that is.

Im not a fan.

Archived