Scotmid - The Store

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and the worst Edinburgh shop has to be the Esso at Canonmills. Used to be an unwritten rule that everything was free after 2am. Usually about 5 c***s quite visibly shoplifting at a time in there.

Obviously more hassle than it's worth to police the level of lawlessness going on. The Free Derry of Edinburgh retail.

It's now an M&S garage. Sometimes there's a guy begging outside it at night, no-one seems to move him on.

I fucking hate Scot Mid, it's such a trampy shop. Sells very little of quality and is always packed with absolute scum. The staff tend to be gossipy old fishwives or vacant fat 22 year olds.

Why is it when you go for the weeks messages at Tesco you'll say "I'm away to Tesco" or if you go to Asda you'll say "That's me away to Asda" or Sainaburys you'll cry "I'm just nipping out to sainsburys". Marks & Spencer, Lidle, Iceland etc are all dealt with in a similar fashion.

BUT... You'll simply say "I'm away to the store" and everyone will know your away to Scotmid????

Madness!!

What is up with food on planes? Amirite?

Is Scotmid an East Scotland store only? I have heard of them but can't remember ever having been in one or seen one

They used to be predominantly based in the east, stretching about as far west as Falkirk. However, they must have bought some Glasgow Co-op stores as well as you see them round here.

They also own Semi-Chem so have their tentacles in Northern Ireland and Berwick-upon-Tweed.

I used to work in scotmid with my flatmates.

We used to bump it rotten for booze and messages ( but never cash or fags we were gentlemen thieves).

I don't think I ever wasn't stoned behind the till.

Lucky you never worked in the Tehran branch.

I have a story about Scotmid.

The drunkest I have ever been was when i was crawling up an Edinburgh street on my hands and knees trying to find my mate or his flat after the club. I was fucked. Didn't know where he lived, what his street was, where he was or anything. I vaguely remember members of the public walking past me and offering no help as I struggled up the street on a path to nowhere. Anyway I managed to haul myself to my feet and get a taxi. With no idea where to go I could only think of one thing - there was a Scotmid near my mates flat. I screamed/slurred in the drivers face "take me to SCOTMID. TAKE ME TO SCOTMID." I don't know how many Scotmids there are in edinburgh but i shall presume there is many. taxi driver drives to Scotmid. he stops and and the cab door slides open to reveal my mate and I fall into his arms. It was emotional. We still don't know how we found each other but it was a small miracle.

A story that would melt even the coldest of hearts

Why is it when you go for the weeks messages at Tesco you'll say "I'm away to Tesco" or if you go to Asda you'll say "That's me away to Asda" or Sainaburys you'll cry "I'm just nipping out to sainsburys". Marks & Spencer, Lidle, Iceland etc are all dealt with in a similar fashion.

BUT... You'll simply say "I'm away to the store" and everyone will know your away to Scotmid????

Madness!!

[emoji1] great shout.

Unless you stey in Clerry.

Or Loanheid.

Apart fae that you're bang on the cash big baws. [emoji106]

Archived