Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

Would be a bit of a travesty of Andy Wightman didn't make it to Parliament. Very astute man and comes across very well in any sort of interaction with the media or the public.

If the Greens get any more than 8, then it's a terrific result for them.

And yet they still choose to promote absolute nutjob Ross Greer over this Wightman fella. Beggars belief.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather 80 SNP than 70 SNP and 10 Green.

Just because Harvie aside the Greens are full of nutters like Ross Greer.

Not really looked at who is standing for them,just looked through the manifesto and the greens views in general.

Would be good to see a stronger green presence in the next parliament,hopefully they will get a good percentage of the list vote.

MSM want that to happen and are pushing for it. Then they can say there is less appetite for independence in the most devolved region in the universe

MSM want that to happen and are pushing for it. Then they can say there is less appetite for independence in the most devolved region in the universe

:lol:

This'll be the same Scottish Green Party who had to fight tooth and nail to get Harvie on the leaders' debates, and have pretty much been pishing against the wind when it comes to national exposure of their campaign? The same Scottish Greens who are pro-independence, and have stated so in their manifesto? :lol:

I get the feeling a lot of posters on here think the MSM is solely against the SNP. The MSM, by and large, are pro-Union, there's nothing new there. That doesn't mean their aim is always to snipe shots at the SNP.

Yes, if the Greens - who campaigned for independence during the referendum and had a significant surge in membership from Yes voters post-referendum -  win a significant number of seats and become the fourth largest party ahead of the unionist Lib Dems, giving them a greater voice in parliament and meaning one of the opposition parties would not be at odds with the SNP constitutional issues, that would really be solid ground to say support for independence has fallen.

You can see the media's desperation to work this angle from the relentless barrage of favourable media coverage given to the Greens, with a platform given to someone from the party on an almost daily basis, which I suppose is why everyone knows so many of their candidates by name and would obviously recognise all of them if they walked past them in the street despite the fact they only currently have 2 MSPs.

The f**k.

How would an pro-indy party having significant gains dent result in a supposed fall for independence support? :lol:

How would an pro-indy party having significant gains dent result in a supposed fall for independence support? :lol:

I'm not saying it would happen but it's pretty easy to imagine the 'SNP vote/seats drop shows appetite for separation is drifting' mantra would be faithfully trotted out for yonks, never mind the fact that the pro-indy vote may actually have increased.

I'm not saying it would happen but it's pretty easy to imagine the 'SNP vote/seats drop shows appetite for separation is drifting' mantra would be faithfully trotted out for yonks, never mind the fact that the pro-indy vote may actually have increased.

...and that is why I'll vote SNP/SNP for ever and ever (or at least until we have Independence).

You know it makes sense.

I understand what you're saying and sympathise with the view but I don't think you can let the fact that someone may twist the facts to suit their argument be a determining factor in how you cast your vote.

It wouldn't make sense though. You'd maybe get the odd person saying it, but any sensible person would probably realise it's a load of nonsense since it's well-established that the Greens support independence.

think that this is more a case of some SNP supporters being worried at the prospect of voters looking for other indy alternatives available, instead of just lending all of their votes to the SNP. The "Both votes SNP" thing has been a bit disappointing since it's very similar to "Vote SNP get Tory" from Labour back in 2015.

I understand what you're saying and sympathise with the view but I don't think you can let the fact that someone may twist the facts to suit their argument be a determining factor in how you cast your vote.

And I wouldn't. I'm just saying it's pretty easy to see how some would spin it that way.

It wouldn't make sense though. You'd maybe get the odd person saying it, but any sensible person would probably realise it's a load of nonsense since it's well-established that the Greens support independence.

think that this is more a case of some SNP supporters being worried at the prospect of voters looking for other indy alternatives available, instead of just lending all of their votes to the SNP. The "Both votes SNP" thing has been a bit disappointing since it's very similar to "Vote SNP get Tory" from Labour back in 2015.

I think you're underestimating how stupid some politicians and MSM think their target audience is.

Seeing as the media's support for the pro-union parties as massively helped the SNP, surely it makes no difference what the f**k they say?

And the evidence that MSM's support of pro union parties has helped the SNP is? Newspapers have no impact on how people vote. Peole tend to read articles that most closely align with their views. In the same way there won't be many Yessers who read the daily telegraph, no voting readers of wings over Scotland will be thin on the ground.

Yes voters bleating about the media conspiracy against John mason, Michelle Thomson and co, merely provides them with comfort over the fact Yes were 500,000 votes behind no in the referendum.

The aim of the MSM in this campaign is not really to increase the Green vote: it is to convince Yes voters to fritter away completely wasted votes for two-tin Trotskies like RISE and Sheridan, which would boost the chances of the Britnats getting in by the back door. Which is why a parade of useful idiots in the 'radical left' have been rolled out in front of the cameras at every opportunity to insist that the coalition of Yes voters is falling apart and that the SNP must veer wildly to the left for reasons. 

A political party calling upon its voters to use both ballot papers to support them is pretty standard behaviour; making bullshit claims about the consequences of voting for another party is not the same message at all.

But surely the end justifies the means.

I want independence and I'll vote for anybody that offers that irrespective of their opinions on any other policy.

So if there were a Scottish Fascist Party that had independence as its core policy you'd vote for them?

I was referring to SNP candidates.

And as I've said elsewhere I'll always vote SNP at least until independence.

So your question is irrelevant.

Archived