Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

The red branch have accepted they are in serious danger of getting beating by the blue branch in this election.The tone of there message seems to have changed from eessssnnppee bad to tory bad

Could they no return tae the auld slogan Tartan Tories that would surely cover baith parties :lol:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The STV journalists on twitter are fair giving this poll a build up, as are the guys at Ipsos Mori. Are we perhaps getting a mic drop poll here?

A couple of possibilities - the SNP have dropped significantly in the polls and their majority is now under threat? The Tories well clear in second, or perhaps a labour revival saving a lot more of their seats than previous polls have been showing.

Either that or it'll show the SNP miles clear and increasing their majority, Labour and Tories battling for second and the Greens ahead of the lib dems. Again.

The STV journalists on twitter are fair giving this poll a build up, as are the guys at Ipsos Mori. Are we perhaps getting a mic drop poll here?

A couple of possibilities - the SNP have dropped significantly in the polls and their majority is now under threat? The Tories well clear in second, or perhaps a labour revival saving a lot more of their seats than previous polls have been showing.

Either that or it'll show the SNP miles clear and increasing their majority, Labour and Tories battling for second and the Greens ahead of the lib dems. Again.

Any idea when the release is?

The STV journalists on twitter are fair giving this poll a build up, as are the guys at Ipsos Mori. Are we perhaps getting a mic drop poll here?

A couple of possibilities - the SNP have dropped significantly in the polls and their majority is now under threat? The Tories well clear in second, or perhaps a labour revival saving a lot more of their seats than previous polls have been showing.

It will be the same as all the others.

:))

Constituency

• SNP: 51%
  • Scottish Labour: 19%
  • Scottish Conservatives: 18%
  • Scottish Liberal Democrats: 6%

Regional

• SNP 45%
  • Scottish Conservatives: 19%
  • Scottish Labour: 17%
  • Scottish Greens: 10%
  • Scottish Liberal Democrats: 7%
  • UKIP: 1%
  • Others: 1%

Seats

SNP 71 (+2)

Tories 23 (+8 )

Labour 20 (-17) :lol:

Greens 9 (+7)

Lib Dems 6 (+1)

That is a monumentally shite poll for labour. The worst yet I think.

UKIP on 1% :lol:

Edit:

Here's the STV article;

http://stv.tv/news/politics/1352023-scottish-labour-set-to-finish-third-behind-the-tories-poll-finds/

Net satisfaction ratings:

• Nicola Sturgeon: +36%
  • Patrick Harvie: +23%
  • Ruth Davidson: +15%
  • Willie Rennie: 0%
  • Kezia Dugdale: -11%

Dear lord. That is chronic stuff for Dugdale.

Embarrassing to see Davidson so high

Davidson has been and is being sold hard by the Tories and the MSM as a friendly, huggable, fresh young thang. It's rarely acknowledged that she's David Cameron's puppet and answers to him directly.

Constituency

• SNP: 51%
  • Scottish Labour: 19%
  • Scottish Conservatives: 18%
  • Scottish Liberal Democrats: 6%

Regional

• SNP 45%
  • Scottish Conservatives: 19%
  • Scottish Labour: 17%
  • Scottish Greens: 10%
  • Scottish Liberal Democrats: 7%
  • UKIP: 1%
  • Others: 1%

Seats

SNP 71 (+2)

Tories 23 (+8 )

Labour 20 (-17) :lol:

Greens 9 (+7)

Lib Dems 6 (+1)

That is a monumentally shite poll for labour. The worst yet I think.

UKIP on 1% :lol:

Edit:

Here's the STV article;

http://stv.tv/news/politics/1352023-scottish-labour-set-to-finish-third-behind-the-tories-poll-finds/

mic-drop-o.gif

Further miserable results for Labour:

Which party looks after your interests?

SNP 45

Con 18

Lab 16

Lib Dem 3

Green 3

Which party understands problems facing Scotland?

SNP 53%

Con 11%

Lab 11%

Green 3%

LibDem 2%

Which party has the best policies for Scotland?

SNP 46%

Tories 17%

Lab 13%

Green 4%

LibDems 3%

Do you know what parties stand for? (net agree)

SNP +66%

Con +37%

Green +25%

Lab +7%

LibDem -12%

With a week to go I would say that's a good indication of how it will turn out at the election. Well on the constituency vote anyway.

I don't see Labour picking up any constituency seats at all. Tories have an outside chance of maybe getting a seat in the borders, if they do that's even worse news for Labour.

I couldn't care if Dugdale stays on or not as she is officially dead wood. She will go if Anas has anything to do with it

This poll seems an overwhelming vote of confidence in the SNP. If you follow Stephen Daisley/Stv news on Twitter, he's currently breaking down the results in the poll. Labour in third on most things, with the SNP runaway leaders.

Can someone remind me as I wasn't here the last time, is there an 'election night' with results coming in or is it all anounced the next day?

Yep - there will be election night coverage on both the bbc and itv. It's the Welsh assembly and English council elections on the same night, so I think the bbc will cover each depending on region.

Can someone remind me as I wasn't here the last time, is there an 'election night' with results coming in or is it all anounced the next day?

Just been looking at that.

A few early results after midnight, alot about 4-5am and then several didn't get announced till after 10am

Archived