Britain is too tolerant according to Cameron

Jambomo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw that and thought similar. Who the hell are the government to be regulating what people do if it doesn't break the law? That's kind of what laws are for, if you obey them you are free within those parameters to do what you want.

But not anymore seemingly, the bit about Ofcom is just censorship too, that's at odds with democratic values. The censorship is down to the viewer, if you don't like don't watch.

Said it many times and will say it again, if you think we live in a democracy I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.

Who defines 'extremist views'? A right-wing, middle aged, millionaire, white, heterosexual sociopath? What if I find their views extreme?

If its legal its not extremist, and what is 'targeting'? Putting something on TV?

Who defines 'extremist views'? A right-wing, middle aged, millionaire, white, heterosexual sociopath? What if I find their views extreme?

If its legal its not extremist, and what is 'targeting'? Putting something on TV?

If there's one group of people I don't trust to define extremism, it's the Conservative run British state.

I considered it pretty extreme when national newspapers and seemingly millions of British people threw a temper tantrum at the prospect of a British marine losing his job for murdering someone. I suspect my definition won't match Big Dave's.

If there's one group of people I don't trust to define extremism, it's the Conservative run British state.

I considered it pretty extreme when national newspapers and seemingly millions of British people threw a temper tantrum at the prospect of a British marine losing his job for murdering someone. I suspect my definition won't match Big Dave's.

Well there you go, people have different views on things. So nobody can define what's 'extreme' for anybody else.

As long as its legal it should be fine. Now the Tories want to change that.

I think their views on immigrants, poor people and UK military interventions round the world are extreme.

Said it many times and will say it again, if you think we live in a democracy I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.

I hope it's no the Brooklyn Bridge cos I've already bought it. :lol:

When I was at school many, many years ago I remember the teacher shouting at someone who had said that we live in a Democracy.

The teacher said,"We don't, we live in a Parliamentary Democracy and there is a big difference".

British values;

- Xenophobia

- Homophobia

- Sexism

- Bigotry

- Ageism

- Victimisation

- Greed

- Arrogance

- Cowardice

- Bullying

- Lying

- Condone slavery

Aye, let's hope no one undermines those..

if they target people with "extremist views" as they mention in the story then I have no problem with that,it depends if they go further and starting checking just for checking sake.

If one of the unacceptable 'extremes' is extreme stupidity then you're fucked.

I hope it's no the Brooklyn Bridge cos I've already bought it. :lol:

When I was at school many, many years ago I remember the teacher shouting at someone who had said that we live in a Democracy.

The teacher said,"We don't, we live in a Parliamentary Democracy and there is a big difference".

Aye, they refer to our system as elective dictatorship, as once you get a majority in parliament you are untouchable for that term if the whips do their job.

Its not really democracy in a pure form, especially with FPTP. But I really mean with the role of the media etc when I say that.

British values;

- Xenophobia

- Homophobia

- Sexism

- Bigotry

- Ageism

- Victimisation

- Greed

- Arrogance

- Cowardice

- Bullying

- Lying

- Condone slavery

Aye, let's hope no one undermines those..

Only 5 of those 12 apply to me, guess I'm not British.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britain-is-too-tolerant-and-should-interfere-more-in-peoples-lives-says-david-cameron-10246517.html

I thought this came from the Daily Mash when I first saw it on Facebook. I'm hoping that the Independant is exaggerating this story.

I just hope The Independent take it up.

I wouldn't get too outraged about it as presumably most of you all support many of the laws passed by the SNP which out law songs that they find to be "offensive".

Which is actually a popular law. My opinion is it needs reformed substantially though.

Dave is right though. Britain is too tolerant. Too tolerant of David Cameron

Scotland thankfully isn't though

Archived