Cinema/Pictures, Going alone

When I drop my car off for it's MOT in Kilmarnock, I head for a solo KFC then nip to the Odeon while I wait. So I've done this twice - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Bad Grandpa. Probably would only do it in the afternoon though, basically had the place to myself twice.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted the cinema in Elgin isn`t showing the Spooks movie. It`s showing The Little Mermaid yes - but not the Spooks movie.

I wouldn't mind but I`ve seen TLM so many times!

One more afternoon of strange looks from parents it is I guess... :bag

Done gigs on my own. Same reason really. I wanted to see the gigs. People didn't want to go, and it didn't stop me. Going on holiday on my own next year. Apparently spending a grand on it is a bit of a put off, but Australia is my one and only destination at this point. I'm not a big holiday person.

:lol: A load of us from my old school used to go there on a Friday night before going to the old Odeon along the road.

Going to the cinema used to be a really good night out as there used to be 2 main films on unlike nowadays when there is only the 1 feature film. I'm not sure when they stopped showing the 2 films a night.

You used to be able to sit on - if you came in late and missed the start of the film, you just sat on until the second showing.

When I drop my car off for it's MOT in Kilmarnock, I head for a solo KFC then nip to the Odeon while I wait. So I've done this twice - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Bad Grandpa. Probably would only do it in the afternoon though, basically had the place to myself twice.

How long does your MoT take? I'm in and out of our local test centre in 20 minutes, tops.

Been loads of times by myself and prefer it tbh. Once you have done it a few times you start to notice that most busyish screenings are full of people on their own. It's pretty socially acceptable these days especially in cineworlds with their unlimited card.

The only socially awkward thing I maybe wouldn't do myself is a restaurant (and even that depends on the type) - I often work away from home and on my own so have no issues eating on my own in a wetherspoons/pub type place. Fast food places and pizza restaurants ill do but anything fancier and I prob wouldn't get a table for one.

Which of these activities would you be comfortable doing on your own?

Cinema

Pub (for drink)

Restaurant

Cafe (for coffee etc)

Football

Gig

Holiday

Day out (historic attraction, zoo, beach etc)

Nightclub

Party/Wedding (where you don't know many people)

if the footys on ill happily go the pub on my tod,same if im waiting for a train,otherwise no.football and café are fine too.

the others I find awkward

Most of the stuff on David McG's list i would do by myself, yet the only one i regularly do on my own is go to a cafe...albeit i take my laptop with me to seem busy. :lol:

Would never go to a nightclub or a restaurant on my own though. Just the thought of going into a restaurant and saying "table for one" makes me feel uncomfortable.

Archived