Cinema/Pictures, Going alone

Not sure if this is the correct Thread or more suited to TV & Films.

Plus I am probably going to get ripped for this and tagged as some sort of sad loser(queue the sad loser comments)...... however!!

Have you ever went to the cinema on your todd or thought about it??

Reason I ask is that my wife is working this weekend back shift and I am at an age (late 30's) that all my mates are married and have kids and I am absolutley chocking to see Mad Max on the big screen and none of them can make it/are allowed. The wife has no interest in going as is just not her type of movie and I know if I force her to go her face will trip her.

Would I be deemed as the sad old dude in the corner or Johnny no mates or is it socially acceptable these days to be the weird fella. I just think back to when I was younger and I would always look at someone on their own and feel pity/scorn the person.

Clearly I wont be going to one of the busy night showings and probably not at all but just interested to hear others thoughts.

Apologies if asked previously but cannot see any specific threads on this.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just go and don't worry about it :) when the lights are out no one will notice anyway. I think in this day and age of Cineworld Unlimited cards etc more and more folk are going along themselves to the flicks.

Enjoy your film :)

It's actually not that uncommon.

Having said that I'm too much of an insecure cock to be seen by myself at the cinema by myself surrounded by couples. If you don't give a monkeys about that sort of thing then go for it I guess.

I've not been to the cinema with another person since 2011. Much prefer going alone. In fact I like it when there's as little people as possible in the screen. On occasion I've had screens to myself and it's brilliant. I avoid any showings where I know it'll be busy as people are such monumental c***s at the cinema

I've not been to the cinema with another person since 2011. Much prefer going alone. In fact I like it when there's as little people as possible in the screen. On occasion I've had screens to myself and it's brilliant. I avoid any showings where I know it'll be busy as people are such monnumental c***s at the cinema

I went to see Unfriended the other night, and was the only person in there. I was quite happy since it'd be a new thing, being the only other person there. And then 10 minutes into the adverts, some old couple wandered in.

Arseholes.

Cheers all.....

Going to go for it I think! Need to see this film!

Edit to add:- DA got to agree, I'm a grumpy shit in pictures, folk sitting on mobiles etc actually winds me up no end. Will try and get a 'quieter' showing.

I went to see Unfriended the other night, and was the only person in there. I was quite happy since it'd be a new thing, being the only other person there. And then 10 minutes into the adverts, some old couple wandered in.

Arseholes.

:lol: I would have been furious and deeply disappointed

Been alone once, which was handy as I was able to walk out of it midway through without any domestic. Description never never said it was a musical as I was killing a couple of hours before meeting friends in town. <_<

If anyone would like to go and see Montage of Heck about Kurt Cobain with me in Dundee that would be sweet.*

Provided you're not a total weirdo or murderer or anything, and don't expect me to put out after. Unless you're hot and female obviously, then I would be happy to give you the best two minutes of your life.

When I say best I obviously mean fairly insipid and awkward.

I've been to the flicks on my own twice, and I enjoyed it immensely. No one to ask "What is her name?" or "I missed a bit there, what happened?"

I think I may go on my own on Sunday actually. Wife working and the kids will be at their grandparents, and I'm desperate to see the Spooks film.

I've not been to the cinema with another person since 2011. Much prefer going alone. In fact I like it when there's as little people as possible in the screen. On occasion I've had screens to myself and it's brilliant. I avoid any showings where I know it'll be busy as people are such monumental c***s at the cinema

Having seen the size of the fucking clown shoes you wear on the trainers thread, no-one would fit in the seats next to you anyway.

Nothing against it in principle but I think the type of film does play a factor. Romantic comedies, weepy chick flicks or kids' films...probably best not.

Unless of course, you happen to be a romantic, a weepy chick or a kid in which case, have at it.

Nothing against it in principle but I think the type of film does play a factor. Romantic comedies, weepy chick flicks or kids' films...probably best not.

Unless of course, you happen to be a romantic, a weepy chick or a kid in which case, have at it.

Imagine going to the cinema to see no strings attached when it was released by yourself.

It's weird how everybody's got different comfort zones about what they'll do on their tod. Personally, I'm happy to go to a gig on my own - I'm not missing out on a band I like just because no-one else fancies it - but I'd be reluctant to go to the cinema on my own.

Similarly, I don't mind nipping in for a couple of solo pints if I've got time to kill before a train or whatever, but if I'm away from home with work I'd rather grab a takeaway and eat it in the hotel than give it "Table for one..." at a restaurant.

Crossed my mind once or twice. Never actually done it.

I'm more likely to go to the pub by myself for a couple if I'm needing to kill time.

Archived