Aberdeen v St Johnstone 24/5/15

Favourite bite of morning, cheers.

I'll leave you to compare both sides trophy and European history before you re-evaluate that cracker of a statement. Unless of course history starts 3 years ago?

On the train to London just now although I did have a mega bus booked to Edinburgh in case of the rail strike so not too far away. Have a lovely bank holiday.

Apparently for St Johnstone it does.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great, Aberdeen and Dundee fans are joining forces to put us down, surprised theres been no mention of the 60's yet from either side.

You have rumbled me. I just find you good sport tbh!!

On another note this friendly baiting combined with the biting incident has detracted from our capitulation to the DABs so thanks for the diversion.

Congratulations on your 4th place finish and position as Taysides top team 2015. I fancy there to be a change in that status as of next year but I'm sure you've heard all that before ;)

Mon the bairns!!! :P

Had a decent couple of days in Aberdeen. It wasn't exactly warm, but positively tropical in comparison to any other time I've been at Pittodrie. Shame that the stewarding was very disorganised once again. We arrived about twenty-five minutes before the match was due to start, but didn't get through the turnstiles until about 1 minute before the game actually kicked off. They should have been well-prepared for a healthy travelling support.

For me, the game represented our entire season. Not particularly entertaining, not particularly threatening in an attacking sense, but hugely professional and defensively solid. We did what we had to do and finally made the breakthrough. I think we edged the game, and it was certainly a deserved 3 points. Huge credit to the players on another outstanding achievement. Chris Kane took his goal exceptionally well and he couldn't have picked a better time to score his first of many Saints goals.

Fair play to Brian Graham who put in a huge amount of effort and seemed very gracious towards the Saints fans at the end of the match. All the best at Ross County, although I hope it doesn't go too well.

Tommy Wright has done another fantastic job under financial restrictions. Hopefully he'll be given a bit more leeway to strengthen our attacking options ahead of next season. No reason why this squad, with a few shrewd additions, can't maintain their position in the league and possibly even improve upon it.

Inverness, it's over to you.

Bless, a Dundee sumner holiday to London! You'll probably be getting the megabus down!

Always amuses me when Dundee fans start talking about crowds and never the fact that their team is poor, and haven't won a notably trophy in 100 years!

We've achieved more in the last three seasons than Dundee ever will so away back to your bed son ;)

nae quite,dundee have one championship,one scottish cup and three league cups to their name which is one league and three league cups more than saints.

nae quite,dundee have one championship,one scottish cup and three league cups to their name which is one league and three league cups more than saints.

The likelihood is you weren't around 40 + years ago to see their last triumph! I'm 30 and in my lifetime you have achieved absolutely nothing! You won't get near to what we have achieved my friend ;)

The likelihood is you weren't around 40 + years ago to see their last triumph! I'm 30 and in my lifetime you have achieved absolutely nothing! You won't get near to what we have achieved my friend ;)

I'd class getting to a final and witnessing European football as pretty close. FWIW I'm younger than you and have seen my team in 2 major finals. You did well to win it but I am confident we will win something in my lifetime.

To supplement this I have been to see my team play in Europe as well, home and away.

St Johnstone are having a good, consistent spell but we are out of our slump and on our way back up. Might take 1 year, might take 5, might be longer but Dundee will be back on top soon.

Deal with it.

well since I am a dons fan I don't really care what dundee achieve.nevertheless when you count a clubs honours it dosent matter when they were won.

For what it's worth in my time as a dons fan we have won 16 honours do you think you will see this in your lifetime.

I'd class getting to a final and witnessing European football as pretty close. FWIW I'm younger than you and have seen my team in 2 major finals. You did well to win it but I am confident we will win something in my lifetime.

To supplement this I have been to see my team play in Europe as well, home and away.

FWIW its probably younger than you, and seen my side in two major finals, win home and away Europe and obviously lift the most prestigious cup in the Country.....

Agree Dundee will likely win something within the next 50 years though, whether it be Scottish or League Cup.

FWIW its probably younger than you, and seen my side in two major finals, win home and away Europe and obviously lift the most prestigious cup in the Country.....

Agree Dundee will likely win something within the next 50 years though, whether it be Scottish or League Cup.

Then we have an accord my farmhand friend.

Good evening.

ETA I never made the euro away tie we won due to Albania being a less than desirable location - I did have the time of my life in Perugia however.

well since I am a dons fan I don't really care what dundee achieve.nevertheless when you count a clubs honours it dosent matter when they were won.

For what it's worth in my time as a dons fan we have won 16 honours do you think you will see this in your lifetime.

I absolutely will not see this in my lifetime, haha!

It must be Humiliating though that a diddy club who's fans are farmers have seen more success in the last 40 years than a "big club" like Dundee! To put it into perspective, there's not a single Dundee fan alive today that saw them lift the Scottish cup! :)

Had a decent couple of days in Aberdeen. It wasn't exactly warm, but positively tropical in comparison to any other time I've been at Pittodrie. Shame that the stewarding was very disorganised once again. We arrived about twenty-five minutes before the match was due to start, but didn't get through the turnstiles until about 1 minute before the game actually kicked off. They should have been well-prepared for a healthy travelling support.

For me, the game represented our entire season. Not particularly entertaining, not particularly threatening in an attacking sense, but hugely professional and defensively solid. We did what we had to do and finally made the breakthrough. I think we edged the game, and it was certainly a deserved 3 points. Huge credit to the players on another outstanding achievement. Chris Kane took his goal exceptionally well and he couldn't have picked a better time to score his first of many Saints goals.

Fair play to Brian Graham who put in a huge amount of effort and seemed very gracious towards the Saints fans at the end of the match. All the best at Ross County, although I hope it doesn't go too well.

Tommy Wright has done another fantastic job under financial restrictions. Hopefully he'll be given a bit more leeway to strengthen our attacking options ahead of next season. No reason why this squad, with a few shrewd additions, can't maintain their position in the league and possibly even improve upon it.

Inverness, it's over to you.

To be fair to them, St. Johnstone usually bring about 200-300 fans to Pittodrie. With it being a 12.30 kick off on a Sunday with no trains from Perth you could forgive them for not anticipating 1200 away fans. Think a lot chose to buy their ticket on the day instead of in advance as well.

To be fair to them, St. Johnstone usually bring about 200-300 fans to Pittodrie. With it being a 12.30 kick off on a Sunday with no trains from Perth you could forgive them for not anticipating 1200 away fans. Think a lot chose to buy their ticket on the day instead of in advance as well.

To be fair to them...no.

If this had been a run of the mill game then yeah you'd maybe have a case. This was a big game for us. It's the stewarding company's job to ensure the smooth running of the event. They should have been on the phone to Saints to get an idea of numbers, then they would have known we put extra buses on and there'd be a good chance others would be getting the train/megabus.

They've had shocker. I missed kick off. I also didn't get a pie, that's not the stewards fault but still shit.

Archived