Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

On 21/10/2023 at 15:36, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

Danny Jardine officially signs until January. 

2 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Jardine was a cracking player at Stirling. Looked like he could play at a higher level.

Sounds like it is a gamble worth taking if he can get back to the player he was before his injury. But it does sound as if he isn't there yet.

Just noticed this, he certainly was and was someone that most of us thought would kick on and maybe get another Full Time gig somewhere, but after going to Uni he's obviously content with Part Time football. If he can get back from his ACL injury and hit the form he had at Forthbank then you've got a good, creative player on your hands. His Dad is a top bloke as well and will no doubt be in and about the supporters in The Wee Bar before and after games.

Hope it works out for him with you 

I went onto Fanbase to buy a ticket for Saturday's cup tie, and noticed that you are requested not to "sit in seats reserved for season ticket holders".

Does this mean (and I doubt it) that season tickets are valid for this game? Or is it simply a request to ensure that reguar season ticket holders can access their seats.

Thanks in anticipation.

Screenshot_20231024-190327_Fanbase.thumb.jpg.73fd71d6d4b6dd6300e930b5787b70a8.jpg

10 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I went onto Fanbase to buy a ticket for Saturday's cup tie, and noticed that you are requested not to "sit in seats reserved for season ticket holders".

Does this mean (and I doubt it) that season tickets are valid for this game? Or is it simply a request to ensure that reguar season ticket holders can access their seats.

Thanks in anticipation.

Screenshot_20231024-190327_Fanbase.thumb.jpg.73fd71d6d4b6dd6300e930b5787b70a8.jpg

Season tickets aren't valid. It's just a general request not to sit in one with a season ticket sticker on the back. There will be plenty of free seats available!

8 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Season tickets aren't valid. It's just a general request not to sit in one with a season ticket sticker on the back. There will be plenty of free seats available!

I've actually got a season ticket, but the email I sent to the club regarding the lack of a sticker on my seat hasn't been answered.

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

Tried phoning your office the other day to check if online tickets for Peterhead game will be valid for new date, presume they will be although did not get a reply.

Same, regarding a different matter: previously Margaret in the office was good at responding and offering help.

20 hours ago, peternapper said:

Tried phoning your office the other day to check if online tickets for Peterhead game will be valid for new date, presume they will be although did not get a reply.

Confirmed they will be on Twitter for rearranged game 14th November.

2 minutes ago, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

Missed the game today. I should be used to it by now but that's an embarrassing result. 

You missed absolutely nothing.  Inability to clear the ball caused 2 goals. Too intent on playing out from the back. Today was absolute sh*te.

Totally dominated the first 20 mins or so. Could and should have been well ahead before they scored and then we fell apart. Second half was just awful. Totally lost any semblance of shape when we made the changes in the 2nd half and in actual fact could have lost by more.

The lack of a threatening centre forward was so apparent today. 

Concentrate on the league.

Should have been a couple of goals up early doors, Yates in particular missed a golden chance.  After that it was quite ominous and we fell out of the game.

We are too slow building up from the back, we give teams too much time to get back in position and seem reluctant to put in early crosses. We need to vary our play and move quicker.

Several players well off their game and some entirely unsuited to their positions - Berry and Aitken in particular. 

We need to get back on track at Forfar next week.

4 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Should have been a couple of goals up early doors, Yates in particular missed a golden chance.  After that it was quite ominous and we fell out of the game.

We are too slow building up from the back, we give teams too much time to get back in position and seem reluctant to put in early crosses. We need to vary our play and move quicker.

Several players well off their game and some entirely unsuited to their positions - Berry and Aitken in particular. 

We need to get back on track at Forfar next week.

Agree entirely with this, Aitken had a clear-cut chance as well and couldn't control. Yates and O'Reilly seem to have gone backwards, and as stated above, hesitancy from the defence playing the ball forward gives other teams an opportunity to regroup, or at times easily regain the ball due to sloppy play. Both goals lost came from failure to clear when there was plenty time to do so.

That was one of the most complacent displays I've seen from Stenhousemuir in a long time. It was complacent all over the pitch - a lack of concentration and care at the back, a lack of aggression in the middle of the park, a lack of ruthlessness up front. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say we could have scored four times before the interval but the performance badly dipped after the restart; we didn't force Danny Gillan into a save.

I think we underestimated how good a side Brora Rangers are. Look at Edin Lynch trying to dribble out from the back and losing possession, or Ross Meechan jogging after a ball over his head while the winger storms in on him. Kinlay Bilham shanked every set-piece out of play, Mark Ferrie contributed nothing and Marley Sweenie-Rowe looked like he was playing the game at 0.75 speed. I think only Euan O'Reilly can be happy with his performance but he dropped out of the game in the second half. Zak McKay looks like he has something about him, right enough.

I think that's the angriest I've been at the football in a long time. I can handle losing but I don't want to see good players half-arsing their way through a Scottish Cup tie against presentable opposition. Some of these lads need to buck up their ideas!

• 2 weeks later...

It's good fun following Stenhousemuir at the moment. We're performing well in the division, playing some good football, and it feels like we're in with our best shot of winning a title since the 2005/06 season. But my favourite thing is the bond between the players and the supporters - after last night's match, Nicky Jamieson, Adam Brown, Gregor Buchanan, Mikey Anderson and Euan O'Reilly were in the Wee Bar with fans celebrating the result and talking about the game. They all seem like a great bunch of boys, always happy to have a chat, and it's a very endearing quality. Long may it continue!

Also, Mr Naysmith, if you're reading this: sit down with Anderson and give the boy whatever he wants! What a player! Get him signed up now!