Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

I think the window for loan signings closes at the end of the month - Saturday evening?

As things stand, we will have two fit outfield subs on Saturday. Tonight is training night so hoping we get some news.

I do expect there to be signings, but I am a little worried that we won't end up making the panic signings that Naysmith said he didn't want to make. We always knew the squad was far too small and that he had to make a couple of signings, at least, I just find it quite odd that we find ourselves in this position. 

4 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

I think the window for loan signings closes at the end of the month - Saturday evening?

As things stand, we will have two fit outfield subs on Saturday. Tonight is training night so hoping we get some news.

I do expect there to be signings, but I am a little worried that we won't end up making the panic signings that Naysmith said he didn't want to make. We always knew the squad was far too small and that he had to make a couple of signings, at least, I just find it quite odd that we find ourselves in this position. 

not worried at all. recruitment has been top notch up to now. it will come good

Stenhousemuir FC have signed Mark Ferrie on loan from Motherwell until January. The 17-year-old striker, who's already played in the Premiership for his parent club this seaosn, will go straight into the squad for tomorrow's match with Clyde. According to the club website, Gary Naysmith had been tracking him for some time but it's only now he's been able to conclude the deal.

We've needed a striker to compete alongside Matty Aitken for some time now and I'm really keen to see what Ferrie can do. If he's as good as the last Mark Ferry we had at the club, he'll be a superstar!

Fair play to Gary Naysmith and Gregor Buchanan for their respective Manager and Player of the Month awards. Ten points from 12 is a terrific return, and the 5-0 win over Stranraer is the best performance the team turned in in years. The second half against Clyde was a little deflating but, on the whole, we're in a good place!

Long may it continue!

• 2 weeks later...

Stenhousemuir FC have signed former Rangers youngster Zak McKay on a short-team deal. The 18-year-old attacker, who can operate on the left or the right flank, has joined the club until January.

This is a pretty smart piece of business - with Ross Taylor missing for a couple of months, we need cover on the flanks, so hopefully McKay can do us a good turn.

Good player. Different to what we have and can play centrally or from the right.

Obviously coming back from an ACL I wouldn't be expecting too much but he should be a handy player to have around until January if he is anything like the player at Edinburgh. The squad now sitting at a number we can all be happy with.

On 21/10/2023 at 17:20, Neilly said:

Good player. Different to what we have and can play centrally or from the right.

Obviously coming back from an ACL I wouldn't be expecting too much but he should be a handy player to have around until January if he is anything like the player at Edinburgh. The squad now sitting at a number we can all be happy with.

adds upnow why we didnt add bodies in window if jardin has been training with us since the summer. if he is fit after injury he could be more than handy