Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

21 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

They did but there has been some sort of issue with production/delivery so we were wearing the nameless version on Sat.

Elms, the official supplier who clubs need to buy from, ran out of letters. Very tinpot as everyone gets into a new season.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Elms, the official supplier who clubs need to buy from, ran out of letters. Very tinpot as everyone gets into a new season.

Assuming you mean the famously horrendous Elms/SportingID, I wasn't talking about the players jersey name/number - the Stenny jerseys were supposed to have supporters names sublimated in the actual design of the shirt which seemed to be missing from the design

23 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

They did but there has been some sort of issue with production/delivery so we were wearing the nameless version on Sat.

When Clyde done the same thing there were numerous issues with it, and we didn't start wearing the jersey until well into the season - late September/Early October iirc. We never wore a nameless version so had to wear our away kit until they arrived

The club have launched a new away strip:

image.thumb.png.14122806f4bf5f771c3286c732a5154e.png

I can't say I like it very much - there's too much maroon in it, which will surely clash whenever we play a team who also wear maroon, and the daft ovals through the pattern look like something from MS Paint.

Still! At least our home top's a cracker!

According to the club website this will debut in the Kelty game, i suppose it's up to the ref on the day if he thinks it's distinctive enough from the home team's kit. If it's entirely white on the back then i think we will get away with it!

Got me thinking though, of possibilties of a 3rd kit! Think the last time i remember us having a third kit was the Black Umbro number that was the back up to the Yellow/Blue Challenge Cup season away kit. Fitting given the new home design homage! 

Entirely possible i'm completely misremembering that though and that was possibly just an away kit! 

I quite like both tops this year, but they don't appear to do them for fatties, XL the biggest size on the link on the website so i'm out! 

Edited by Christophe

After a summer of media gaffes, poor communication and administration I would not be bowled over in shock if we got told we can't wear this on Saturday.

Scott Burns, who's generally reliable, has linked Stenhousemuir with former Partick Thistle midfielder Blair Alston.

It's an intriguing signing. I didn't think central midfield was necessarily a position we were looking to strengthen in, and we all remember how poorly Craig Bryson flopped when he dropped into part-time football,  but a fit and focused Alston should be able to offer us something good.

Just now, Nigel Blackwell said:

Suspect Nat won't play as often this season, so probably first choice midfield of Anderson, Jacobs and Alston. 

Any word on Nicky Jamieson's injury? 

I spoke with him very briefly on Saturday and he reckons he'll be back in business by around November. They've found the root cause of his injuries, which is good, but it does mean he'll be absent for a wee while while he recuperates.

On 07/08/2024 at 16:47, Francesc Fabregas said:

I can't say I like it very much - there's too much maroon in it, which will surely clash whenever we play a team who also wear maroon, and the daft ovals through the pattern look like something from MS Paint.

Aye, given that two other sides in this league also play in maroon, that does seem a bit of a strange choice for an away kit.  Quite nice all the same.

4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Scott Burns, who's generally reliable, has linked Stenhousemuir with former Partick Thistle midfielder Blair Alston.

It's an intriguing signing. I didn't think central midfield was necessarily a position we were looking to strengthen in, and we all remember how poorly Craig Bryson flopped when he dropped into part-time football,  but a fit and focused Alston should be able to offer us something good.

And indeed, Blair Alston has joined the club.

I'm a bit sceptical of this signing but I wish him well and hope he can do us a sterling turn.

I can't believe that Blair Alston is only five years older than me. I was sure he was about 32 during the Covid season when he returned to Falkirk for his second stint. He must've been about seven-years-old or something when he made his SFL debut. It feels like he's been around for my entire life.

On 07/08/2024 at 16:47, Francesc Fabregas said:

19 hours ago, Neilly said:

After a summer of media gaffes, poor communication and administration I would not be bowled over in shock if we got told we can't wear this on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, given that two other sides in this league also play in maroon, that does seem a bit of a strange choice for an away kit.  Quite nice all the same.

As long as the sleeves are different and especially if that sash doesn't go onto the back too I'd be surprised if the referees would be that bothered about it, although aesthetically for me the sash is too wide

The fact that both of Kelty's kits have maroon sleeves is likely to be a far bigger problem when they play away to both yourselves and Arbroath. Caused no end of problems when we had a yellow away kit with blue sleeves a couple of seasons ago as most refs wouldn't let us wear either kit away to a team in blue. .