Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Its not just the players we get told nothing about, its also the season tickets! Everyone else seems to be selling theirs for next season but we know nothing about ours!

Players and season tickets are not important - don't you know its a Family Day on Saturday an d there is also an invitation out for people to buy shares.   If you want to know about players or season tickets buy a Falkirk Herald.

Players and season tickets are not important - don't you know its a Family Day on Saturday an d there is also an invitation out for people to buy shares.   If you want to know about players or season tickets buy a Falkirk Herald.

No I didn't know there was a family day on Saturday but I know there is one on Sunday.

Also, why would the Falkirk Herald have information about season tickets?

Players and season tickets are not important - don't you know its a Family Day on Saturday an d there is also an invitation out for people to buy shares. If you want to know about players or season tickets buy a Falkirk Herald.

If we haven't signed anyone yet then how can we expect news. As for the family day it's very important that it's a successand of course the club need to promote it.

No I didn't know there was a family day on Saturday but I know there is one on Sunday.

Also, why would the Falkirk Herald have information about season tickets?

Season ticket details are always in the Falkirk Herald the last Thursday of May every year. Common knowledge.

I'm amazed a so called 'fan' doesn't know that.

The Family day has been one of our success stories over the past few years and hopefully this will be another. Once it is done it is time to look forward to the new season and hopefully some team news.  We need a few players to be announced sooner rather than later.

Season ticket details are always in the Falkirk Herald the last Thursday of May every year. Common knowledge.

I'm amazed a so called 'fan' doesn't know that.

I don't tend to read the Falkirk Hearld so I wouldn't know.

While I appreciate there's no point in the club giving us transfer updates if there's no news to give us, I will admit to feeling a little anxious about the new season ahead. I've been impressed with some of the retentions and recruitment elsewhere in the division (in particular East Fife's capture of Wullie Muir and Jamie Longworth's move to Alloa Athletic) and was hoping we'd be able to boast some smart signings of our own, but that hasn't been the case just yet. I think Neilly might have made this comment on another thread but ourselves and Albion Rovers (and probably Queen's Park*) will probably be picking up whatever's left in due course. I've no doubt Bomber, Davie Irons and Colin McMenamin are working hard to secure the eight or nine players we need for the season ahead, though.

(* Queen's Park's recruitment under Gus MacPherson has seen them bring in players almost exclusively from the juniors and supplement them with academy graduates; I don't think any other club in the league will build a team that way.)

I'm neither worried or bothered about the lack of activity we are not even in June yet!

We have to be realistic we are at the bottom of the food chain these days and are in the market with Albion Rovers at the bottom of that pile. Somehow Stranraer is a better option these days for players and QP have the pull of Hampden.

My expectations of signings are rock bottom like last year and we managed to recruit better players than I envisaged so hopefully more of the same to come.

I'm neither worried or bothered about the lack of activity we are not even in June yet!

We have to be realistic we are at the bottom of the food chain these days and are in the market with Albion Rovers at the bottom of that pile. Somehow Stranraer is a better option these days for players and QP have the pull of Hampden.

My expectations of signings are rock bottom like last year and we managed to recruit better players than I envisaged so hopefully more of the same to come.

QP don't pay their players though I'm sure, they still run an amateur system. I wouldn't say you're at the bottom of the food pile.

Aye they don't pay their players been hearing that tosh for years.

We are at the bottom of the food chain in this division with Albion Rovers. A few years ago we could compete with most not now though.

Stranraer have obviously stumbled on some sort of sugar daddy. That and the money from the Celtic game. Also noticed that quite bizarrely the inchyra hotel in falkirk was paying for the goalkeeper.

Edited by beaver1

Stranraer have obviously stumbled on some sort of sugar daddy. That and the money from the Celtic game. Also noticed that quite bizarrely the inchyra hotel in falkirk was paying for the goalkeeper.

No sugar daddy just very good house keeping,although the tic game was nice money,we have a very good treasurer who knows where we stand money wise,don't think we are paying players mega bucks.

You may or may not have a very good treasurer but that doesn't explain where the money is coming from, only that you have someone who can count it.

That was something missing in previous years trust me,nope good house keeping is the only answer.