Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Berry would be a step in the right direction but having watched him play a couple of times (mostly in 2014-15, I'll admit) I don't think he's as good a player as Jon Robertson. Queen's Park fans will obviously have a far more rounded appreciation of him but I've only ever thought of him as "tidy". Still, glad to have him on board, it's probably the closest I'm ever going to get to seeing David Anderson in a Stenny top.

Wouldn't mind seeing big Bryan Wharton pitching up at Ochilview either.

If you look back through Pie and Bovril history I have broken accurate signing news before the club more than any other supporter.

I have never revealed sources and certainly won't now at the demand of a troll.

Berry and Kieran Miller would be a good hardy pair in the centre of the park. Greg Fleming's brother has expressed an interest at coming to the club. Don't know if Bomber will fancy him or not. May depend on the loan agreement with Celtic re McCabe.

:) non-sequitur - that'll be the word of the day toilet paper again :)

It follows on from the previous post about us struggling to compete financially, we have small crowds, we need to bring through youth or take leftovers, but its all about our place in football. I don't see FV Academy making any difference but there is a place for us as a club who can develop youth like Hamilton and get to a decent standard bearing in mind local population. There were way more people at the Family day than at Ochilview on a Saturday, we used to have lots of youngsters along who at least made some noise and created a good turnover at the pie stall but that has died away and they seem to be leaving Stenhousemuir to watch Falkirk.

Bomber obviously has a small budget but we seem to do well with youth football but need to give them a chance and that may be painful in the early days.

looking forward to tomorrows word :P

If you look back through Pie and Bovril history I have broken accurate signing news before the club more than any other supporter.

Such a troll I am. Asking a fellow Stenny 'fan' where he heard about a signing is deemed to be trolling. Didn't expect much from you to be honest, you seem to call everyone a troll on these forms nowadays. 

I have it on good authority that isn't the case and that he knew the budget months ago. Even if Bomber he didn't know the exact budget he could still sign some players in the meantime. I know of a center half, midfielder and striker he has tried to sign but couldn't match the wages on offer by other sides in this league. 

Edited by Burnsie

ðŸ˜

Bryan Prunty has agreed to sign for next season.

This was a zinger right enough

I have it on good authority that isn't the case and that he knew the budget months ago. Even if Bomber he didn't know the exact budget he could still sign some players in the meantime. I know of a center half, midfielder and striker he has tried to sign but couldn't match the wages on offer by other sides in this league.

Think you'll find two of the three you know, signed for second division clubs.

I think you'll find there isn't a second division so you're talking nonsense.

Bomber not knowing the budget at this stage of the season is also a load of nonsense. Who would actually believe that?

Edited by Neilly

I think you'll find there isn't a second division so you're talking nonsense.

Bomber not knowing the budget at this stage of the season is also a load of nonsense. Who would actually believe that?

Just repeating what I was told, in all fairness it was by one of the folk who is in charge of the pitches.

Just repeating what I was told, in all fairness it was by one of the folk who is in charge of the pitches.

You could have taken that information and thought this is clearly shite and makes no sense and saved us the bother of reading such toffee.

Just a thought.

You could have taken that information and thought this is clearly shite and makes no sense and saved us the bother of reading such toffee.

Just a thought.

Or I could have posted it to see what you all think. I was told that the budget hadn't been set as money raised at the Fun Day is still not confirmed. 

According to an interview with Gus McPherson in the record it would appear we have indeed signed Vinnie Berry. Still hee haw on our website about any signings etc. I presume the music we will run onto the park with this season will be "The Sound of Silence".

According to an interview with Gus McPherson in the record it would appear we have indeed signed Vinnie Berry. Still hee haw on our website about any signings etc. I presume the music we will run onto the park with this season will be "The Sound of Silence".

No, it will be Stone Cold Steve Austin's entrance music. Now, then, forever.