Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Sorry to see Dean leave - by all accounts, he was a smashing guy and a good personality to have around the place. Although he played well in his only first-team appearance (the 3-1 win over Brechin City on the final day of the 2013-14 season) he spent all of last year injured and I don't think he'll be a massive loss.

I wish him well.

Sorry to see Dean leave - by all accounts, he was a smashing guy and a good personality to have around the place. Although he played well in his only first-team appearance (the 3-1 win over Brechin City on the final day of the 2013-14 season) he spent all of last year injured and I don't think he'll be a massive loss.

I wish him well.

I'm sure he made 3 appearances, one against Dumbarton and also against East Fife, when Callum Reidford got knocked out. Good times.

Saw him play for the reserves on occasion and he looked good in goals.

Nice guy to speak to as well.

Edited by CEMSFC

I'm sure he made 3 appearances, one against Dumbarton and also against East Fife, when Callum Reidford got knocked out. Good times.

Saw him play for the reserves on occasion and he looked good in goals.

Nice guy to speak to as well.

God, so he did. That was ages ago as well! Remember when Reidford was our goalie?! Dearie me. Probably the bravest 'keeper I've ever seen at Stenny but, alas, he was pretty shite for the best part.

Like most of our players, he was a mixed bag. Can't fault his effort. I liked him (I'm in the minority) and I expect he will be around next season, assuming he doesn't get a better offer.

Hello Stenny fans, how did Gilhaney get on last season?

Was always a decent performer for us.

Like most of our players, he was a mixed bag. Can't fault his effort. I liked him (I'm in the minority) and I expect he will be around next season, assuming he doesn't get a better offer.

I liked him too. A lot of people seemed to think he didn't work hard enough but I always thought he put a decent shift in. Set up a fair few number of goals too. I would hope he'd stick around.

Aye but he prefers Berwick, remember!

Those were the days! Berwick Rangers might have won the battle (signing Jim Lister) but Stenhousemuir won the war (winning promotion and becoming a reasonable mid-card third-tier side).

The thing about Gilhaney is that people expected him to be a star player in the team. He was frustrating at times but overall he was good. His performance in the 3-1 win over Cowdenbeath was probably one of his best games for us.

I liked him too. A lot of people seemed to think he didn't work hard enough but I always thought he put a decent shift in. Set up a fair few number of goals too. I would hope he'd stick around.

Those were the days! Berwick Rangers might have won the battle (signing Jim Lister) but Stenhousemuir won the war (winning promotion and becoming a reasonable mid-card third-tier side).

Certainly. I'd give my right bollock to be moaning about finishing 8th in L1 these days. Edited by berwick-the-unbeatable

There's nothing on the official site yet. I would have thought the players would have found out this week whether or not they'd been offered terms, but alas.

David Binnie said that it was a pleasure to work with Shaw, McCabe and Barclay this season, so I assume he is leaving.

Heard from 2 different sources today that we may still have bad financial problems. Don't know how true this is but it came from inside the club.

Pointless putting this on our own web as we get told nothing anyway.

Edited by Moonglum25

From memory, in a season and a half, that's Stirling signed or re-signed:

Chris Smith

Ross McMillan

Kevin McKinlay

Ross Smith

Scot Buist

Sean Dickson

Andy Stirling

Bryan Hodge

Marc McKenzie

Darren Smith

Salim Kouider-Aissa

All having played for Stenny at some point in their career.