Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Prunty has been rumoured to sign for Albion Rovers, Forfar Athletic, Stenhousmuir and Clyde for next season.  And Airdrie.  Maybe he has signed for Stenny, but I wouldn't count on it.  

Anyroad, if he gets service in the box he can still do a job at this level.  He hasn't really had much of a crack of the whip at Airdrie this season. 

Great wee player and a massive miss for us he seems to have been out that long I forget he's still here. We would surely have been a good few points better off with him in the team.

A fit Allan Smith would be like a new signing for us but last I heard they are struggling for a diagnosis of what's actually wrong.

Great wee player and a massive miss for us he seems to have been out that long I forget he's still here. We would surely have been a good few points better off with him in the team.

A fit Allan Smith would be like a new signing for us but last I heard they are struggling for a diagnosis of what's actually wrong.

I think when he was out for so long with us they thought it was tonsillitis, odd one.

I spoke to him at the Player of the Year night and he says he's not sure when he'll be back playing. I can't remember exactly what his injury was but I think he spoke about "inflammation" and all that. A damn shame as he really looked the part. I hope he sticks around.

I certainly think we would have been a few points better off had he been fit. I like his work ethic, however, given that our wage bill was reduced last season (and may be again?) I don't think we can afford to sign a player who won't be 100% fit for the first game of the season. If he is due to be fit by then I'd definitely like him to stay

Some fantasy booking here: from realistic, available targets, who would you like to see join the club next season? I've had a think off the top of my head about our three problem positions.

Goalkeeper has been a big problem for us all season and it's important it's dealt with as quickly as possible. There's talk of Colin McCabe returning for a second season on loan, something I wouldn't be averse to seeing. He's a big lump of a boy and another year in the seaside leagues might do him the world of good. Elsewhere, Neil Parry might be a useful signing but I'd like to see us go for Wullie Muir at Queen's Park. He's a great shot stopper, extraordinarily so, and he can command his area pretty well for his size.

At centre-back, big Frank McKeown might be a shout. He's just been released by Greenock Morton and although a move to Dumbarton or back to Stranraer is probably on the cards but maybe we could tempt him to Ochilview. He was consistently one of the best defenders at this level and if he can regain his form and fitness, he'd be dynamite. Elsewhere, maybe Alan Lithgow could be tempted back to the club? Sean Crighton might be worth a punt too, always thought he was pretty okay.

Up front, I'd like to see the club make a more for Jamie Longworth. I've always liked him and I can't understand why he's been frozen out at Stranraer. I think he'd be an excellent foil for someone like Colin McMenamin. Jim Lister would be worth a punt too - he lives locally (I saw him in Asda the other week), he's a big lump of a boy and he's offer us something different.

CEMSFC has claimed Patty's leaving the club but I prefer to wait for confirmation from official channels myself.

For what it's worth, I'd keep him. Played well throughout the middle third of last season and was head and shoulders above yung Liam Henderson, the useless loanee from Heart of Midlothian he replaced. He got suspended and lost his place in the starting XI to Ciaran Summers and didn't really play over the last few months, but I don't see any reason to let him go.