Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

He let in 5 against peterhead

To be fair to him it was five goals from Rory mcallister who is a class act at this level and could easily do a job at championship level.

Let's not judge the lad until he's pulled on a warriors top and actually played for us. Tbh I don't give a toss what he does off the field so long as he can put in strong performances on the field

• 2 weeks later...

Bowman out for the rest of the season.

That's a bit of a shame, he looked pretty decent in his couple of games with us. I don't think he even conceded a goal.

Colin McCrorie, the boy we've signed on loan from Celtic on a 28-day deal really looks the part and he made some excellent saves in the weekend's loss to Dunfermline, so we seem covered in the position for the time being.

We've used four goalies the season, I think this might be the most I've ever see playing for us in the one year.

Non-Stenny but Stranraer are on four for the season as well: Brennan, McGurn, Currie and now Belford. Nathan Brown has been an unused substitute as well. That comes on the back of David Mitchell being the dominant number one for a few seasons.

We've actually used five goalkeepers (sean Robertson came off the bench to replace Jamie Barclay when he was sent off earlier in the season)

Dean Shaw has sat on the bench as well but I don't think made an appearance this season.

I liked the look of Bowman. McCabe did make a couple of fantastic saves but isn't as good with the ball at his feet as Bowman was/is.

We've actually used five goalkeepers (sean Robertson came off the bench to replace Jamie Barclay when he was sent off earlier in the season)

Dean Shaw has sat on the bench as well but I don't think made an appearance this season.

I liked the look of Bowman. McCabe did make a couple of fantastic saves but isn't as good with the ball at his feet as Bowman was/is.

So we did, I forgot to count Matt Gould in there. No idea why I referred to Colin McCabe as "Colin McCrorie" either.

It's been a tough day.

Bo'ness have signed a lad called Fraser Eddington from you lot - Anybody seen much of him?

He hasn't played much at all this season. He scored a cracking last-minute winner against Airdrieonians at the beginning of the campaign but hasn't had a look in since. He's pretty slight, he's wiry, and he's reasonably fast. I don't think he's good enough for the SPFL but I hope he does Bo'ness a turn.

Wiry and quick usually does a turn in the Juniors, hopefully he'll be a good signing. We'll maybe even turn him into a bit of a player for you's! ;)

Has he joined on loan? The Bo'ness Twitter account didn't mention it, while the Stenny website is garbage for updating supporters on transfers.

• 1 month later...

Ross Meechan's signed on for another season. This is tremendous news, he's probably been our best player this season and someone the management were keen to keep hold of for next term. What a turnaround he's had!

Hopefully Kieran Millar, Ciaran Summers, Jon Robertson and Colin McMenamin stick around for another year too. Maybe Jamie McCormack too, he's become a very decent player over the last few months.

Ross Meechan's signed on for another season. This is tremendous news, he's probably been our best player this season and someone the management were keen to keep hold of for next term. What a turnaround he's had!

Hopefully Kieran Millar, Ciaran Summers, Jon Robertson and Colin McMenamin stick around for another year too. Maybe Jamie McCormack too, he's become a very decent player over the last few months.

Tremendous news indeed. Would happily see all those players listed again next season. Just hope we can strengthen up the defence and goalkeeping situation for next season.

There's times where I wonder how better a season we might have had if we'd had a decent goalkeeper and centre-back in at the start of the campaign. I cannot think of any Stenny players who have made aberrations on such a regular basis as Jamie Barclay and Stuart Malcolm.

Considering the budget will be cut again for next season I would definitely add Murray, Cook and Stirling to the players I'd like to keep.

I quite like the team we have we just need to strengthen a few positions and the guys we have will flourish next season.