Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Albion Rovers have done brilliantly and Stenny reminded me them on Saturday. I was 'pleased' Scotland was injured from a football viewpoint and if Stenny had more depth, who knows what could have been. As long as you ruin A*r's title chances, I will be a happy chappy.

Why did you edit out the comment wishing the team good luck for the rest of the season?

Why did you edit out the comment wishing the team good luck for the rest of the season?

I was feeling inappropriately festive when I wished Stenny good luck. Then I had a dark thought and remembered how much I hate the world. In my state of misanthropy, I looked thru every time i wished anyone well online and edited them to say 'You Suck!'. So it's was really me railing ineffectually against a senseless world...or something.

Merry Christmas to Stenny and all you crazy kids in football forum land. Hope Santa is good to all y'all

What's happening with Jon mcshane?

He apparently has left the club and is going to be going to Australia. Once again the supporters have been left in the dark by the club. There has been no news about Smith and Sumners either which is not surprising but hey we have been informed about buying shares, callendars and other merchandise for Xmas on several occasions.

Aye, it's been a criticism of the club for about the last five years. The lack of information supporters get is really poor, especially when it's compared to other clubs. Unless you're in the Wee Bar before matches and you're chatting with someone who's friendly with the players, you have no idea what's going on with injuries and availability. I've said it before but when you compare our club's social media with the likes of Stranraer and Ayr United, it's pretty embarrassing.

Ciaran Summers is back in action with the U-20s, although it was the player himself who tweeted that out.

Did Bomber not say he was going to be more open with information and I thought arrangements were getting put in place for the information to come from the club through yourself for distribution?

It wasn't through me, but I do remember there was the "Blether with Bomber" feature that appeared once a week on the site. The manager was interviewed, reviewed and previewed matches and talked about team selections and player availability. I haven't seen it for a couple of months though.

Hi Guys, hope you're all well

The Daily Record is today linking us with ex-Warrior's loanee Tom Walsh. Our squad at the moment is pretty dire, we've got nothing going forward and three or four clones of the same central midfield player. What sort of player is he, and is he decent enough to be a Championship level starter?

The usual "Good luck with that..." response is, as ever, acceptable.

Hi Guys, hope you're all well

The Daily Record is today linking us with ex-Warrior's loanee Tom Walsh. Our squad at the moment is pretty dire, we've got nothing going forward and three or four clones of the same central midfield player. What sort of player is he, and is he decent enough to be a Championship level starter?

The usual "Good luck with that..." response is, as ever, acceptable.

Hi Fraser, I'm fine, thanks. I'm over the worst of it.

Tom Walsh. He was signed by Scott Booth a couple of weeks into the 2014-15 season and the manager was cock-a-hoop about bringing him into the club, declaring him one of the best young players in Scotland and telling everyone how lucky we were to have him. It certainly didn't seem that way to begin with - Walsh was injured when he first arrived (he was absent with the Scotland youth squad too) and so it took him a few weeks before he made his debut.

He didn't make the most auspicious of starts and while he looked alright on the ball, he didn't necessarily have the physicality to cope with the division's bigger lads (the same could be said for all of Booth's signings, right enough). For want of a better comparison, he looked a bit like Mesut Özil in his first few months at Arsenal, and he seemed to be a bit of a luxury in a team that couldn't afford to carry one. It seemed like another of Booth's hollow proclamations.

When he did get up to speed, however, he was pretty class and really began to look the part, and he turned in a man-of-the-match performance against Stranraer on Boxing Day. Stenny won 2-0 to end the Blues' 13-match unbeaten run and Walsh scored one and set up the other. Just as he came onto a game with the Warriors, he decided to return to Rangers to make his name there. I thought it was a bit of a daft move but he did really well at Ibrox and was probably the sole highlight of the latter part of their season.

In conclusion: his four months at Stenhousemuir were pretty indifferent but there's no reason as to why he can't make an impact at Dumbarton. Walsh looked good in a horrible Rangers team and showed he's capable of carrying the ball forward and hitting that "killer" pass. He's a central midfielder, but he'll do all his best work in the latter half of the pitch. I don't remember his being particularly defensively minded and he'll probably need someone in alongside him to do his heavy lifting for him. I don't know if he's any bigger but he always looked a little slight and he could do well to bulk up, but the talent's there. He's probably not what Rangers are looking for - other than Barrie McKay, all of the young boys who featured on "the journey" are being punted here and there - but I reckon he'll make a decent full-time career for himself.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Hi Fraser, I'm fine, thanks. I'm over the worst of it.

Tom Walsh. He was signed by Scott Booth a couple of weeks into the 2014-15 season and the manager was cock-a-hoop about bringing him into the club, declaring him one of the best young players in Scotland and telling everyone how lucky we were to have him. It certainly didn't seem that way to begin with - Walsh was injured when he first arrived (he was absent with the Scotland youth squad too) and so it took him a few weeks before he made his debut.

He didn't make the most auspicious of starts and while he looked alright on the ball, he didn't necessarily have the physicality to cope with the division's bigger lads (the same could be said for all of Booth's signings, right enough). For want of a better comparison, he looked a bit like Mesut Özil in his first few months at Arsenal, and he seemed to be a bit of a luxury in a team that couldn't afford to carry one. It seemed like another of Booth's hollow proclamations.

When he did get up to speed, however, he was pretty class and really began to look the part, and he turned in a man-of-the-match performance against Stranraer on Boxing Day. Stenny won 2-0 to end the Blues' 13-match unbeaten run and Walsh scored one and set up the other. Just as he came onto a game with the Warriors, he decided to return to Rangers to make his name there. I thought it was a bit of a daft move but he did really well at Ibrox and was probably the sole highlight of the latter part of their season.

In conclusion: his four months at Stenhousemuir were pretty indifferent but there's no reason as to why he can't make an impact at Dumbarton. Walsh looked good in a horrible Rangers team and showed he's capable of carrying the ball forward and hitting that "killer" pass. He's a central midfielder, but he'll do all his best work in the latter half of the pitch. I don't remember his being particularly defensively minded and he'll probably need someone in alongside him to do his heavy lifting for him. I don't know if he's any bigger but he always looked a little slight and he could do well to bulk up, but the talent's there. He's probably not what Rangers are looking for - other than Barrie McKay, all of the young boys who featured on "the journey" are being punted here and there - but I reckon he'll make a decent full-time career for himself.

Salutations Craig, I'm glad to hear that.

He sounds like he could be ideal, in Jon Routledge and Grant Gallagher we've got two strong, defensive lads who can do the dirty work but offer next to nothing going forward. We've been crying out for a Scott Agnew type #baller in the middle of the pitch to support our anaemic attack who have spent most of the season looking utterly alone. Hopefully he can be that guy.

In other news, Scott Booth came into Waitrose during my last shift working there. He asked me for Padron Peppers. We didn't have any so I gently broke him the news whilst struggling to keep a straight face with the thoughts of the the various Tweets he's had aimed at him from some of the Stenny lads (and yourself) over the past year.

He expressed his disappointment politely and then broke into a full scale jog to get to the checkouts. Very well dressed I must say, nice accent too.

Just felt I should share that.

• 2 weeks later...