The 2015/16 Hibernian F.C. Championship Thread

Can't be 100% because I'm not sure exactly how the restructured debt is organised. Provided there aren't any surprises in there in terms of needing to pay it in huge chunks, I'm not concerned in the slightest.

Aye I'd agree with that, especially with McGinn and Cummings as valuable assets if need be. Losing close to seven figures isn't great though to lose in the playoff semi and get papped out the big cup by a poor Falkirk team.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye I'd agree with that, especially with McGinn and Cummings as valuable assets if need be. Losing close to seven figures isn't great though to lose in the playoff semi and get papped out the big cup by a poor Falkirk team.

It's not hard to understand that the board would have known all of that when spending cash on McGinn. Nothing to worry about at all in fact the board should be applauded in having ambition at this time.

Can't be arsed reading it but I assume your latest accounts that you guys are bumming up is up to April 2015?

Since then your parachute payment took a fair dunt and 2 home Derbies were lost.

Stay down 1 more season and it's no parachute payment at all and no Rangers crowds too.

Can't be arsed reading it but I assume your latest accounts that you guys are bumming up is up to April 2015?

Since then your parachute payment took a fair dunt and 2 home Derbies were lost.

Stay down 1 more season and it's no parachute payment at all and no Rangers crowds too.

Tick tock.

This is correct but you'd imagine player wage costs could be lower in a weaker league if the bad guys go up and Hibs stay down.

Do you really think a few Rangers crowds makes a big difference to us? :lol:

We've got another semi-final (obv) coming up with a decent chance of a final. Wages are being used much more effectively than in recent seasons with no journeyman stinking out the squad and crowds will keep rising for as long as we keep challenging Rangers.

In light of the Duncan Watmore thread, just noticed that Richie Towell has signed for Brighton

From the football, to the results; from the news about the club, to the news about others (Hearts); from the records broken, to the dreams shattered.

We've endured the most painful losses and experienced the worst Hibs sides in our entire history.

But Dick Towell apparently playing well and getting a move to an English Championship side?

This is where I draw the line.

It's now clear that I slipped into an alternate reality, sometime during Hughes' tenure, where everything 'Hibs' is a progressively painful experience.

Watmore's contribution to Hibs was continuously running like a kamikaze train into an opposition player.

It appears as though he has put on some muscle, which will help him weigh down his sledgehammer legs.

It was good to see a player being direct and driving forward, but he struggled to adapt and looked out of his depth.

Towell's contribution to Hibs was an assist, on his debut, to Nikika Jelavić.

He also gifted another goal (I think it was an own goal) and was one of the worst right-backs I've seen at Hibs.

He looked better in midfield; he barely got a game in one of the worst Hibs sides we've ever had.

Both of these players scored for Hibs though; we lost both of those games 3-1.

Do you really think a few Rangers crowds makes a big difference to us? :lol:

Do I think Hibs 2 biggest league crowd of the season matter?

Let me get back to you on that 1.

I also seen what our league cup semi final wi Celtic in 2012 made us with a 30,000 crowd and it wasn't much.

You'll have 17,000 tops.

Wages are being used much more effectively than in recent seasons with no journeyman stinking out the squad

Just noticed this bit.

You're clearly kidding right?

Hibs must have the most expensive bench in the league, Rangers included.

You also don't trust them as you call off any game when 2-3 1st teamers are away.

Just noticed this bit.

You also don't trust them as you call off any game when 2-3 1st teamers are away.

We won the game we postponed against you, get it right up you.

Just noticed this bit.

Fucking hell romanovpalm.png

Does the bench not count as the squad? Our strength in depth is probably the biggest reason we are where we are. We're getting the maximum out of the vast majority of our players these days instead of having frauds like Liam Craig and Alan Maybury picking up a decent wage for doing f**k all every week. All while we've trimmed the playing squad by 10.

Unlucks.

Does the bench not count as the squad? Our strength in depth is probably the biggest reason we are where we are. We're getting the maximum out of the vast majority of our players these days instead of having frauds like Liam Craig and Alan Maybury picking up a decent wage for doing f**k all every week. All while we've trimmed the playing squad by 10.

Unlucks.

The bench you don't trust to replace the players away on international duty?

According to Stubbs they are maybe 1st team squad but he sure as hell would rather not play them in the 1st team if he gets the chance.

Unlucks.

Clearly Stubbs doesn't rate the bench players that much, seeing as he was shitting it to play when it looked like two wouldn't be enough to move the game.

Archived