Biggest clubs (Stirling and Clyde)

My order after Clyde would be Stirling - East Fife - and thats it. Both have had sustained periods fluctuating between tiers 2 & 3 in my lifetime, Arbroath are more of a tiers 3 - 4 mob. If i was given a job restructuring the leagues though, id have Clyde in tier 2 of 3x14, with none of the league2 diddies joining them at all. I'd throw Peterhead, Stenhousemuir, Forfar, Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath in among them. Our place is competing with Alloa, Airdrie, Ayr, Stranraer, Brechin and Dumbarton as the country's best part time team.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

3x14:

Top tier:

Celtic

Aberdeen

Inverness

Dundee

Dundee utd

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Patrick thistle

St mirren

Kilmarnock

Ross county

Hamilton

Hearts

Hibs

Tier 2:

Rangers

Queens

Falkirk

Raith

Dumbarton

Livi

Alloa

Cowdenbeath

Morton

Forfar

Brechin

Stranraer

Dunfermline

Ayr

(The last two might not be Dunfermline/Ayr but I couldnt remember who was 5th/6th in league 1 off the top of my head)

Tier 3:

The rest including CLYDE

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does the league your in have to do with it?? Cast opinion by all means, but dressing it up as being fit for this or that league is bloody stupid. For a kickoff, the cover needs extending.....maybe the Smokies will.stop greetin like pissy little girls about the big bad North Sea wind if that was sorted out. Then you'd have a ground comparible with Somerset Park or Almondvale.

Actually, smallballs, i'd wager that no more than three clubs have spent more seasons in tier 2 than us since reconstruction in 74/75. Until relegation in 2009, we were the longest serving by a distance (Since 2000).....and throughout from 1978 until 1991 spent only two seasons out of it. I'd look at perhaps Raith Rovers as being one of the clubs to better it....but i can count on the fingers of one hand that they have finished above us in the same league.

lol wut

So to be clear, your club's apparent 'status' rests on, erm, doing absolutely nothing whatsoever in the second tier for a certain length of time. Meanwhile Clyde haven't actually played in the top flight since the permadiddies were kicked out of it in 1975 and are starting their nineteenth season in the seaside leagues in the period since. The standard definition of a seaside league non-entity then.

Thanks for playing anyway.

:lol: They're as much of a shitehole as each other. You'd think Gayfield was San Siro in comparison by the way pictures are being scrambled to attempt to prove a point. Get your eyes checked mate.

It probably is the San Siro in comparison to the ground Clyde will be sharing.

Saying Gayfield is a shitehole is hilarious. For a lower league ground there's not many tidier.

I didn't say it was ours....you said Gayfield was better....it doesnt matter who owns it, uses it or maintains it....Broadwood is a better ground than Gayfield. And in three years, so will Greenfield Park be. Quite how we can be responsible for somewhere we havent been yet is beyond me. Any more Martin Luther King moments lately Bamber??

It'll no doubt still be a shitehole housing a shite team with even shittier attendances

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

3x14:

Top tier:

Celtic

Aberdeen

Inverness

Dundee

Dundee utd

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Patrick thistle

St mirren

Kilmarnock

Ross county

Hamilton

Hearts

Hibs

Tier 2:

Rangers

Queens

Falkirk

Raith

Dumbarton

Livi

Alloa

Cowdenbeath

Morton

Forfar

Brechin

Stranraer

Dunfermline

Ayr

(The last two might not be Dunfermline/Ayr but I couldnt remember who was 5th/6th in league 1 off the top of my head)

Tier 3:

The rest including CLYDE

All that effort and yu cant be bothered to find that out!! What a knob. And....didn't Rangers beat Hibs in the playoff?? Keep that seat warm, Tabby. We're after you.

lol wut So to be clear, your club's apparent 'status' rests on, erm, doing absolutely nothing whatsoever in the second tier for a certain length of time. Meanwhile Clyde haven't actually played in the top flight since the permadiddies were kicked out of it in 1975 and are starting their nineteenth season in the seaside leagues in the period since. The standard definition of a seaside league non-entity then. Thanks for playing anyway.
Quite disappointed in you, VirginTroll. I expected that as one of the sittes perma-poindexters you'd have come up with teams of comparitive timespans by now. Oh for HJ.
It'll no doubt still be a shitehole housing a shite team with even shittier attendances
Based on........what?? Haven't you the neighbour's underwear to sniff??

For what it's worth, I'd agree with you. Gayfield has more character than Forthbank.

I'd still rate Broadwood below FB.[/quote

well you will love shettleston when we move there were bulying covered terracing you will have a social club for pint before game

Clyde fc keeping football real ????

All that effort and yu cant be bothered to find that out!! What a knob. And....didn't Rangers beat Hibs in the playoff?? Keep that seat warm, Tabby. We're after you.

Next to no effort put in pal... Maybe rangers beat hibs but I did this with league standings and not play-offs

Broadwoods a decent stadium for the purpose of spectator sports. It's shite for its whereabouts, it's shite for its high roof and no atmosphere, and it's shite for us as its too big.

Gayfield is a shitehole, but so is Somerset park and that is one of my favourite away days.

If we're talking proper shiteholes, nothing beats cliftonhill

In what way is Gayfield a shitehole?

This'll be good.

Quite simply, Broadwood is slated by visiting fans for its location, the normal climate and supposedly not being homely. The rest of the grounds, as far as i believe, are just as happy to take equal amounts of buddo for the same shite....yet gets absolutely slated. In a league full.of muppets who complain about Hampden having pish views, nothing surprises me. The opinions from such sociopaths are about as valid as a Greek chequebook.

Quite simply, Broadwood is slated by visiting fans for its location, the normal climate and supposedly not being homely. The rest of the grounds, as far as i believe, are just as happy to take equal amounts of buddo for the same shite....yet gets absolutely slated. In a league full.of muppets who complain about Hampden having pish views, nothing surprises me. The opinions from such sociopaths are about as valid as a Greek chequebook.

Look at our match thread from the 1-1 game. I praised Broadwood on it.

haw you ????

the view of the game we get at hampden is f***** awful absolutely no reason to put away fans into that area

ps in terms of viewing a game Broadwood is up there with the best

in terms of all seater's forthbank is ideal

yours fozzy bear ????

Quite disappointed in you, VirginTroll. I expected that as one of the sittes perma-poindexters you'd have come up with teams of comparitive timespans by now. Oh for HJ.

Comparative... what, exactly? If you're looking for other examples of hopeless, seaside league diddy teams who haven't even had a sniff of top flight football since reconstruction forty years ago, then you're in the a forum full of them. What you categorically are not is a club with any claim to success, stature or relevance within Scottish football.

Gutted for you.

Does the same apply to your sweety-factory works team, when aside from a last-day letdown agaimst Dundee Utd in 95 (finishing third) and throwing away a league to that shower of scum from Maryhill two years ago, you lot have done pretty much the same since you dropped out of the Premier in what, 86 or 87?? That sounds remarkably similar to what Clyde have achieved at our best, perhaps less as we managed two runners up spots in the First as opposed to the one......and when we did, i believe your good selves were floundering around the seaside leagues yourselves. Any time, Vicky.

Archived