Dundee United 2015/16 Season

So:

Rumours of Connolly and McGowan away.

Erskine on a pre season and possibly Dow too, away in the transfer window?

Souttar sold off (please)

Pongolle too fucked to play again and the same with Morris

Gunning to be dropped (preferably from a great height) and Donaldson out of favour

Kawa

Spark Demel Dillon Dixon

Paton Rankin

Spittal Riski Telfer

McKay/Muirhead

Doesn't give us many options on the bench. :(

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. Connolly is too wee and lightweight, always got brushed off the ball easily. Never really contributed much when he got the chance. Wouldn't be shocked to see Telfer away for similar reasons. He's slightly better but still not up to much. I think that's us down to, what, 47 players or something now?!

I liked connollys application but he typified what's been wrong with us of late. All nice wee touches and passes with very little end product and absolutely no use against any team with a stable defence.

Wish him well but glad to see him go tbh

Connolly looked sensational when he first came through, two games at Fir Park in particular. Has done f**k all since though, and he's only an inch taller than The Real Saints. Probably won't be missed, though there's s nagging doubt that we might regret this one day.

Do Dundee United fans blame macnamara or the board? Think he got slightly thrown under the bus so to speak.

I don't blame the board for selling players as in most cases the money was too good to refuse, and no other club would have done any differently.

I do blame McNamara for replacing them with utter cack.

Connolly was something a bit different to our other options but the fact he could barely get a game in this team says it all. He will do ok at a Livi or somewhere, or will immediately turn into Messi if he gets a gig at another Premiership team.

I don't blame the board for selling players as in most cases the money was too good to refuse, and no other club would have done any differently.

Totally agree but ST should have realised how shite a manager McNamara was based on the second half performance last season and he should have been away in the summer.

it's a funny system though, he had to sell his best players but they were all young so I doubt they were at the higher end of the wage scale. So I'm taking it as Thomson must have thought macnamara would be able to replace them on the same budget? He seemed to use all the transfer money to pay Uniteds debt off and maybe rightfully so? Macnamara left Thistle at the right time for us and probably for himself too. Didn't like him for leaving us but it worked out well. however are united just suffering from being unable to replace some very good talented young players?

McnaFortune lost alot of players, yes, however he had a massive budget and was allowed to bring in truckloads of players. Problem was 90% were either fucking tragic, gutless or about 14 years old with the view to make him a wedge. As i always say however, I blame Thompson for not sacking him at the end of the St Johnstone cup final.

So:

Rumours of Connolly and McGowan away.

Erskine on a pre season and possibly Dow too, away in the transfer window?

Souttar sold off (please)

Pongolle too fucked to play again and the same with Morris

Gunning to be dropped (preferably from a great height) and Donaldson out of favour

Kawa

Spark Demel Dillon Dixon

Paton Rankin

Spittal Riski Telfer

McKay/Muirhead

Doesn't give us many options on the bench. :(

Telfer will be next out I think

Archived